Wrestling Thread Mar 9-15 | Andrew 'Test' Martin Passes Away

^ Please.

Kizarny was straight garbage from jump. The wacked out Carny gimmick has been played out since Doink. I dunno what yall saw in dude

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

^ Please.

Kizarny was straight garbage from jump. The wacked out Carny gimmick has been played out since Doink. I dunno what yall saw in dude
If he would dump the name and create a whole entire new gimmick things could have worked out... look at Kendrick.

^ At least Kendrick could wrestle on the big stage.

Kizarny was hyped, came out, totally botched some of his moves, got NO crowd reaction and had a horrible finishing maneuver.

when was the last time Kendricks was on SD?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Agthekid

That break in scene was clearly shot in Duval in the Mandarin ares. And those looked like JSO officers lol.

The Triple H and Randy Orton segment on last night's RAW was actually filmed earlier that day in Florida, so it wasn't really Orton's home.
laugh.gif
I'm just sayin.

Im curious to see what Mysterio will do at Mania...hasnt been to WM since 22.
ohwell.gif

Hopefully he'll job or get injured. I hate that masked hornswoggle. Having him constantly go over wrestlers 1.5 feet taller than him is asbad as EGOH's title reigns.

As of right now, the leading candidate to host WrestleMania in 2011 is Indianapolis, Indiana at the Lucas Oil Stadium, a retractable dome stadium that can hold up to 70,000 people. The stadium opened just a few months ago as the replacement venue for the old Hoosier Dome, the sight of WrestleMania 8. If WrestleMania does end up in Indianapolis, a possible Hall of Fame candidate would be @!#$ the Bruiser, as he was the biggest star to come out of that city.

Could JBL be RETIRING at Wrestlemania?
nerd.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WWE Intercontinental Champion John Bradshaw Layfield, 42, has been telling people backstage that he will likely be retiring from the ring by May. His back problems that caused him to originally retire in 2006 have resurfaced and his retirement from WWE appears imminent. Layfield is not listed in the May house show bookings that have been released.

As noted earlier, Layfield recently claimed he would be doing something historical that would shock the wrestling world at Wrestlemania XXV. Regarding his claim, it's been speculated that JBL will retire as the Intercontinental Champion, something nobody, with the exception of Trish Stratus as WWE Women's Champion at the 2006 Unforgiven pay-per-view, has ever done.

In a strange pairing, Layfield will be teaming up with Vladimir Kozlov against the team of Undertaker and Shawn Michaels next week on Raw. It's interesting to note that in a blog post yesterday, Jim Ross actually speculated on a Layfield vs. Kozlov feud. While this is only speculation, Dave Meltzer believes the strange pairing could indicate a quick Kozlov/JBL break-up, allowing JBL to go to his home state of Texas at WrestleMania XXV as the babyface and face "The Moscow Mauler" with the Intercontinental Championship on the line. It would cast JBL in the right atmosphere for a retirement ceremony/moment.

Considering CM Punk is already tied to the Money in the Bank Match, he will definitely not be facing JBL at WrestleMania - so there's not many candidates left. With the exception of Kozlov, the highest slotted candidate not already accounted for on the lineup at "The 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania" is Rey Mysterio. However, nothing has been done to even start anything in that direction, and time is running short. Following next week's show, there will only be two weeks left to build towards WrestleMania.

As far as money goes, one source says JBL is set for life, and has no reason to continue wrestling if his body is breaking down.
[/font]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Makes sense to me...we'll see how it goes.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Imagine how[/color]
eek.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]it would be if Christianwins MITB and Edge retains in his match...Christian comes out at the conclusion and cashes it in on Edge. He goes for the quick pin but Edge kicks out...theyhave a 5-7 minute match, Christian ends up winning.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I wouldn't book it like that because it's way too soon to give him the strap...but it wouldcertainly be a surprise (especially since they haven't been together on TV since Christian came back)[/color]

Originally Posted by RKO2004

As of right now, the leading candidate to host WrestleMania in 2011 is Indianapolis, Indiana at the Lucas Oil Stadium, a retractable dome stadium that can hold up to 70,000 people. The stadium opened just a few months ago as the replacement venue for the old Hoosier Dome, the sight of WrestleMania 8. If WrestleMania does end up in Indianapolis, a possible Hall of Fame candidate would be @!#$ the Bruiser, as he was the biggest star to come out of that city.

I hope this happens.. this will be the closest that WM ever comes around the Cincy area

man, i have tried to give tna a few tries but that company sucks...that whole main event mafia storyline is the worst thing since the BWO

except for like 2 wrestlers (angle and aj styles)

btw, whos that macho man wannabee?

Honestly, yall are giving too much hope on what Christian will do. I mean he already lost clean already twice on ECW since returning. If that doesnt show amidcarder, I dont know what does

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

man, i have tried to give tna a few tries but that company sucks...that whole main event mafia storyline is the worst thing since the BWO

indifferent.gif
tna > ur e-life
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Honestly, yall are giving too much hope on what Christian will do. I mean he already lost clean already twice on ECW since returning. If that doesnt show a midcarder, I dont know what does
He didn't lose to Hornswoggle or Ricky Ortiz; he lost to Jack Swagger, the future of the WWE. Christian is going to be a main eventer. Notlike Triple H, but he'll be on the level of Chris Jericho.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Honestly, yall are giving too much hope on what Christian will do. I mean he already lost clean already twice on ECW since returning. If that doesnt show a midcarder, I dont know what does
He didn't lose to Hornswoggle or Ricky Ortiz; he lost to Jack Swagger, the future of the WWE. Christian is going to be a main eventer. Not like Triple H, but he'll be on the level of Chris Jericho.

I will never in my life be able to take Jack Thwagger seriously... dude's lisp is just way too severe.
I personally think it's no way in hell that Christian wins MITB. If MVP doesn't win, then I'm thinking they'll have Punk win it again
sick.gif

I am interested to see if Mark Henry's big %++ takes a bump off the ladder... they better reinforce the ring.

Originally Posted by Jules300

indifferent.gif
tna > ur e-life
laugh.gif
wink.gif
that was corny, seems i hit a nerve there....

anyways, about that christian being a main eventer thing, heres what vince mc mahon thinks..

Vince McMahon isn't a big fan of ECW wrestler Christian, according to one former WWE employee. It's no secret that the WWE chairman doesn't viewhim as a "star."
"He cares more about the doormat at his house thanChristian," said the former employee. "I don't understand why you re-up with the guy and then don't do anything with him."

In another Christian note, he told friends TNA's final offer to him was a five-year deal worth $2.5 million for a certain number of dates per year.However, one company source disputes the contract offer as Christian would have jumped at it.

The two time NWA World Heavyweight Champion made it clear to TNA president Dixie Carter that his lack of faith in the creative team was a big reason for hisdeparture from the organization.

indifferent.gif
tna > ur e-life
laugh.gif
wink.gif
that was corny, seems i hit a nerve there....

anyways, about that christian being a main eventer thing, heres what vince mc mahon thinks..

Vince McMahon isn't a big fan of ECW wrestler Christian, according to one former WWE employee. It's no secret that the WWE chairman doesn't view him as a "star."
"He cares more about the doormat at his house than Christian," said the former employee. "I don't understand why you re-up with the guy and then don't do anything with him."

In another Christian note, he told friends TNA's final offer to him was a five-year deal worth $2.5 million for a certain number of dates per year. However, one company source disputes the contract offer as Christian would have jumped at it.

The two time NWA World Heavyweight Champion made it clear to TNA president Dixie Carter that his lack of faith in the creative team was a big reason for his departure from the organization.
I guess u cant take a joke. you dudes get all butt hurt when i say tna > wwe when we all kno they both suck right now.

indifferent.gif
tna > ur e-life
laugh.gif
wink.gif
roll.gif
wut!?!

One would hope.

I know its a joke though.

I'm disappointed at some of y'all who aren't up at N T K L.

I did a little reading for the next TNA PPV and it just sounds pathetic. Like once you hear the main event for the PPV after the upcoming one you will cry.

Former Governor and professional wrestler Jesse Ventura wanted to investigate the WWE on all the recent deaths besides the business if he would've beenelected to the Senate this past election cycle. Ventura tells Chris Yandek of CYInterview.com, "It's one of the things that if I would run for thesenate I was going to do a senatorial investigation on the WWE."

Ventura continued, "And you know for concerning what? What's even a bigger importance is the fact that today they are still called independentcontractors by the government which is absurd. They tell you when you wrestle. They tell you who you wrestle. They tell whether you win or lose. They tell youwhere you're going to wrestle. They are your boss as much as any job in the universe. Yet McMahon is able to get away
with calling all the wrestlers even today when he has them signed to exclusive contracts he still is allowed to call them independent contractors where theyhave to pay their own social security and he doesn't have to pay a penny."

Hey guys. I promise to be back in full force for the wrestling thread next week. Basically this week, the company I work for got acquired (Dow bought Rohm& Haas) and things have been very rocky with my girl, plus she's away in Europe. Things are starting to settle down. I'm going to the Sixers gametonight, so I'll be back on Monday with a full update and Raw preview.

BTW, I'm embarrassed to be a wrestling fan once again after that Orton/HHH angle on Raw. Complete bull *%*@.

For tonight:

- Edge vs Kofi Kingston

- The Miz & John Morrison vs Carlito & Primo Colon

- Chavo Guerrero & Shelton Benjamin vs R-Truth & MVP

- Matt Hardy promo

- Melina & Maria vs Maryse & Michelle McCool

- Finlay vs The Brian Kendrick in a Money in the Bank qualifier

- The Undertaker vs Kozlov

^^^yea it was pure bull...

they tried to do the austin/pillman angle and failed badly at it

that kingston/edge match could mean something there..

lets say kofi wins tonight and wins the mitb match, he could then start a feud with edge (assuming he retains the belt at mania)
just a thought

Back
Top Bottom