Wrestling Thread May 11-31 | 5/29 Elim Chamber Pred Contest AND Extr Rules & Payback Contest Results

Like I said earlier, agree to disagree. I think that a draw means people are willing to spend their money to see you. By that definition, yes. The Bucks are a draw in 2015

This is my last post regarding the drawing power of the Young Bucks. Period. 

I love ya'll and as DC said way back when, any other thread this would be continued but I love ya'll too much

@CelticsPride34  But you can't say YB are The Bucks are accepted as main event level any where on this planet thats not VKM associated

Maybe on the INDY scene and a mid-major like TNA.

But not in New Japan.

So that makes your statement false

Here is Metlzer's definition, which is more in line with DCs defintion:
In looking at the biggest drawing cards in pro wrestling history, we decided to look at things on a decade-by-decade level. In the past we've done this looking at total shows drawing more than 10,000 on top during a decade (or added points for each multiple of 10,000). And while every system has flaws, this one can reward someone who may have had one great feud, or was a huge draw but not over a long period of time, over someone who was more consistently drawing.

In addition, a lot changes in society over a ten year period and that affects wrestling. There are ups and downs, based on economy, technology and other factors. By awarding ten points for the leading draw during a year, nine for second, etc., it rewards consistency at the top level. It takes out mitigating factors in the sense whoever was the big draw of a year where things weren't as good due to economic patterns, or over the last 60 years, based on how television has changed things, will somewhat be evened out.

The big flaw in this system is it rewards people whose prime years fit better within the framework of a decade. For example, if you were a big star from 1970 to 1979, you'll do well in that decade. But if you were a big star who hit your stride in 1976, through 1983, you'll not fare as well in either decade. But this system isn't looking at negating people who don't perfectly fit in as much as noting where people stood who did. We've already compiled all-time lists for wrestling history. When it comes to consistently drawing over a long period of time, the all-time top ten are Jim Londos, Bruno Sammartino, Lou Thesz, Wild Bill Longson, Hulk Hogan, Ed Strangler Lewis, Argentina Rocca, Ric Flair, Buddy Rogers and Joe Stecher. While Steve Austin at his peak was the biggest drawing card in pro wrestling history, his number of years at that peak were far shorter than those ranked above him.

1900 - 1909: 1. Frank Gotch; 2. George Hackenschmidt

1910 - 1919: 1. Joe Stecher; 2. Ed "Strangler" Lewis; 3. Frank Gotch; 4. Wladek Zbyszko; 5. Stanislaus Zbyszko; 6. Jim Londos; 7. Great Gama, George Hackenschmidt, George Lurich, Charlie Cutler

1920 -1929: 1. Ed "Strangler" Lewis; 2. Jim Londos; 3. John Pesek; 4. Joe Stecher and Stanislaus Zbyszko; 6. Earl Caddock; 7. Gus Sonnenberg; 8. Ray Steele; 9. **** Shikat; 10. Wayne Munn

1930 - 1939: 1. Jim Londos; 2. Everett Marshall; 3. **** Shikat and Ed Don George; 5. Ed "Strangler" Lewis and Vincent Lopez; 7. Gus Sonnenberg; 8. Man Mountain Dean; 9. Danno O'Mahoney; 10. Ray Steele

1940 - 1949: 1. Bill Longson; 2. Lou Thesz; 3. Whipper Billy Watson; 4. Yvon Robert; 5. Gorgeous George; 6. Sandor Szabo and Wlasislow Talum; 8. Buddy Rogers; 9. Maurice "French Angel" Tillet; 10. Frank Sexton

1950 - 1959: 1. Argentina Rocca; 2. Lou Thesz; 3. Killer Kowalski; 4. Buddy Rogers; 5. Whipper Billy Watson; 6. Rikidozan; 7. El Santo; 8. Verne Gagne and Edouard Carpentier; 10. Wilbur Snyder

1960 - 1969: 1. Bruno Sammartino; 2. Gene Kiniski; 3. **** the Bruiser; 4. Johnny Valentine; 5. Lou Thesz; 6. Buddy Rogers; 7. Giant Baba; 8. Ray Stevens; 9. Bobo Brazil; 10. Fritz Von Erich

1970 - 1979: 1. Bruno Sammartino; 2. The Sheik; 3. Superstar Billy Graham; 4. Andre the Giant; 5. Pedro Morales; 6. Harley Race; 7. The Crusher; 8. Dory Funk Jr. and Ernie Ladd; 10. **** the Bruiser

1980 - 1989: 1. Hulk Hogan; 2. Ric Flair; 3. Andre the Giant; 4. Bob Backlund; 5. Randy Savage; 6. Road Warriors; 7. Antonio Inoki; 8. Roddy Piper; 9. Harley Race, Sgt. Slaughter, Paul Orndorff

1990 - 1999: 1. Konnan; 2. Shinya Hashimoto; 3. Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair; 5. Perro Aguayo; 6. Keiji Muto; 7. Undertaker; 8. Bret Hart; 9. Steve Austin; 10. Nobuhiko Takada

2000 - 2009: 1. HHH; 2. Mistico; 3. John Cena; 4. The Rock; 5. Perro Aguayo Jr.; 6. Kurt Angle; 7. Ultimo Guerrero; 8. Randy Orton; 9. Kenta Kobashi and Chris Benoit
Very very interesting to see Konnan as #1 in the 90s. Thats ya mans DC

Knicks took another lose tonight and didn't even play

Sad batman gif
mean.gif
NY supposed to be the basketball mecca but yall cant even win rings 
laugh.gif

Here is Metlzer's definition, which is more in line with DCs defintion:

Very very interesting to see Konnan as #1 in the 90s. Thats ya mans DC
So if Samoan Joe and CM Punk and Daniel Bryan couldn't crack the list for being Indy Stars in the 2000s, you still want to call the Young Bucks draws in this modern era?

So if Samoan Joe and CM Punk and Daniel Bryan couldn't crack the list for being Indy Stars in the 2000s, you still want to call the Young Bucks draws in this modern era?

Deepsea these guys are just too emotionally invested in their Indy heroes to send that they are not all that. It's like if you found out muta couldn't crack it in the big leagues but was great in smaller promotions. You would defend him the fanss and the promotion too

Last edited:

Bruh, I literally just said to dead it. I'm trying to have a civilized conversation with you about your favorite trash wrestler, Konnan. 

Cot damn, you really are like Ninja. 

I'm out ya'll, can't be wasting time on this non sense. 

Bruh, I literally just said to dead it. I'm trying to have a civilized conversation with you about your favorite trash wrestler, Konnan. 

Cot damn, you really are like Ninja. 

I'm out ya'll, can't be wasting time on this non sense. 
laugh.gif
 You have been going back and forth with me for this long but now you are the victim. Ok

Deepsea these guys are just too emotionally invested in their Indy heroes to send that they are not all that. It's like if you found out muta couldn't crack it
Nah, my favorite wrestlers all come from the WWE 
laugh.gif
 Bucks wouldn't even crack my top 20 of favorites at the moment.

Deepsea these guys are just too emotionally invested in their Indy heroes to send that they are not all that. It's like if you found out muta couldn't crack it in the big leagues but was great in smaller promotions. You would defend him the fanss and the promotion too
Man I never know when you are serious or trolling 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom