Wrestling Thread May 11-31 | 5/29 Elim Chamber Pred Contest AND Extr Rules & Payback Contest Results

How is that illogical. It's a highly anticipated annual event that they were chosen to headline. What are you not getting?

How many times in this thread alone has someone said: "I still have to see the Young Bucks live"

People make a conscious effort to see an ROH show in their town because they want to see the Bucks live. 
Wrestling NERDS are saying this. That doesn't make them big time draws.

I think you are confusing popularity and drawing power.

The ole Daniel Bryan argument. The two things don't mean the same

None of that has anything to do with DRAWING power though man. That just means wrestling nerds like them.

Young Bucks have not drawn anything.

Facts! marks know the bucks but does the casual fan know them?? No they do not. It's like when an Indy guy gets over in nxt then gets brought up and they flop they blame the crowd for not being smarky enough. A top drawer gotta draw with the marks and the casuals.

You're delusional if you think that people bought those tix WITHOUT expecting to see the Young Bucks.

If you're gonna go the numbers route, then show me the figures that state they CAN'T draw. It goes both ways.

The Young Bucks are an attraction. Period. They have been making waves the last 2-3 years and people have made it a POINT to see them 
I never said they CAN'T. I said they AREN'T draws. Meaning they having shown the ability to draw big crowds and bring in big money for a major promotion.

They are NOT a draw. If the Young Bucks headlined the damn Verizon Center, 5000 people might show up AT BEST.

How is that illogical. It's a highly anticipated annual event that they were chosen to headline. What are you not getting?

How many times in this thread alone has someone said: "I still have to see the Young Bucks live"

People make a conscious effort to see an ROH show in their town because they want to see the Bucks live. 
Celtics just said the tickets souled out in 48 mins. Young Bucks have NOTHING to do with that.

Read my next post... The events were highly rumored, from da Gawd Himself Meltzer, that the shows would be Bullet Club vs ROH only...

Now if you're saying that it isn't possible to draw money if you're not NJPW or WWE, I'll listen...

Now this I'll agree with. Certainly they're not the #1 draw in NJPW but they are up there. They consistently are included in the card of every big event. Look at Wrestle Kingdom. Opening a show is just as important as closing it. They tore the house down that night. 

I never said they CAN'T. I said they AREN'T draws. Meaning they having shown the ability to draw big crowds and bring in big money for a major promotion.

They are NOT a draw. If the Young Bucks headlined the damn Verizon Center, 5000 people might show up AT BEST.
But it's all relative. You could say that about anybody in NJPW simply due to the fact that it's Japanese and not American. 

Put them in the Tokyo dome headlining and it sells out.

That argument is invalid. 

No they aren't UP THERE in New Japan. The show goes on, same attendence with or without the damn Young Bucks.

Kota Ibushi is UP THERE. He isn't a top draw.

AJ Styles is UP THERE. He isn't a top draw.

Young Bucks are not UP THERE in NEw Japan 

You're delusional if you think that people bought those tix WITHOUT expecting to see the Young Bucks.

If you're gonna go the numbers route, then show me the figures that state they CAN'T draw. It goes both ways.

The Young Bucks are an attraction. Period. They have been making waves the last 2-3 years and people have made it a POINT to see them 

Smackdown can't draw 5000 a lot of weeks :lol:... You see those pictures of how small the crowds are...

The Young Bucks will put ***** in seats...

Facts! marks know the bucks but does the casual fan know them?? No they do not. It's like when an Indy guy gets over in nxt then gets brought up and they flop they blame the crowd for not being smarky enough. A top drawer gotta draw with the marks and the casuals.
The casual fan doesn't know anyone outside WWE. Which I guess is what you meant earlier.

But strictly speaking NJPW only. Or Indy only, they can DRAW.

Those crowds aren't doing big numbers compared to the WWE to begin with. It's unfair to compare the two. 

But it's all relative. You could say that about anybody in NJPW simply due to the fact that it's Japanese and not American. 

Who else would be on the show that the Young Bucks are headlining?

If there is no Nakamura, Tanahashi, Ibushi, or Okada, and the Young Bucks are headlining? And the fans know that in advance? Man that show has NO CHANCE of selling out

Smackdown can't draw 5000 a lot of weeks
laugh.gif
... You see those pictures of how small the crowds are...

The Young Bucks will put ***** in seats...
indifferent.gif
 Ok.

I am done. Yall got it man

But wrestling nerds are the ones who go to indy shows.. And we're talking about indy wrestlers... So....

No they aren't UP THERE in New Japan. The show goes on, same attendence with or without the damn Young Bucks.

Kota Ibushi is UP THERE. He isn't a top draw.

AJ Styles is UP THERE. He isn't a top draw.

Young Bucks are not UP THERE in NEw Japan 
How are they not up there????

They're equally as important as AJ Styles in the Bullet Club. And the Bullet Club draws heavy in NJPW....

The show goes on without Kota. The show goes on with AJ.

There's many ways you can twist an argument fam

The casual fan doesn't know anyone outside WWE. Which I guess is what you meant earlier.

Those crowds aren't doing big numbers compared to the WWE to begin with. It's unfair to compare the two. 

Young bucks are not top draws in njpw. No "foreigner" is.

Last edited:

Easy way out 
laugh.gif

You remind me of Ninjahood fam. Just won't stop arguing. Keeps going and going and going. 

That pride though....
Not the easy way out. Going in circles man.

I am saying you don't get a label of DRAW if you are only doing it on an indy level.

And if you believe the Young Bucks are anywhere near a draw in New Japan, you are trippin but. We can end the discussion. No point of going back and forth anymore.

You say they are a draw

I say they aren't because they have only headlined shows that would have souled out either way.

But time for GSW for HOU

Young bucks are not top draws in njpw. No "foreigner" is. And the j does draw marks who love all the flips and super kicks.
Drawing is drawing though. No matter who the fans are.

We gonna say John Cena can't draw because it's only kids who wanna see him?

At the end of the day, ***** in seats = draw

Young bucks are not top draws in njpw. No "foreigner" is.

:rofl:

This isn't old school New Japan or All Japan or NOAH... The Bullet Club is a top draw for NJPW...

But you CAN get the label of a draw if you are doing it on an Indy level. Because THATS your fanbase. Like i said, it's all relative.

If that's the argument, then no one in ROH, NJPW, PWG, CZW, etc can draw. Because they are considered Indy.

If an arena only sits 1000 and 750 came there to see the bucks, then they are drawing. Doesn't matter the # because they have already reached their upper limit in terms of attendance.

Context is very important.

You do know Wrestle Kingdom 9 didn't "sell out" right?

But the Young Bucks would sell it out if they were headlining?

Ok

You do know Wrestle Kingdom 9 didn't "sell out" right?

But the Young Bucks would sell it out if they were headlining?

Ok
Neither did WM32
laugh.gif

Like I said, it's all relative. At the end of the day, you're arguing that the bucks DO NOT put butts in seats. Which is simply not true. All you have to look at is the crowd. Any ROH show will have a large majority of the crowd wearing Bullet Club Tees. With a large majority of that large majority wearing the Young Bucks version of the Bullet Club tees. 

If that's not a good indicator, then idk what is.

Back
Top Bottom