Wrestling Thread May 11-31 | 5/29 Elim Chamber Pred Contest AND Extr Rules & Payback Contest Results

Show me an event that the YB have been THE reason why it was a sell out. I will wait. That isn't a Super Show

Neither did WM32
laugh.gif

Like I said, it's all relative. At the end of the day, you're arguing that the bucks DO NOT put butts in seats. Which is simply not true. All you have to look at is the crowd. Any ROH show will have a large majority of the crowd wearing Bullet Club Tees. With a large majority of that large majority wearing the Young Bucks version of the Bullet Club tees. 

If that's not a good indicator, then idk what is.
No, you JUST said that if the Young Bucks headlined a TOKYO DOME show, it would sell out.

I am telling you that is SO FAR off base that it isn't funny.

REAL stars headlined WK9, and it didn't sell out.

And you KEEP bringing up merchandise and people loving Bullet Club. That is NOT drawing.............

Aight I am done because you are talking about something different and aren't seeing that it is something different

Show me an event that the YB have been THE reason why it was a sell out. I will wait. That isn't a Super Show
The ROH television taping shows I went to in the past year. Both sold out when it came to show time. Both had the Bucks headlining. 

The ROH television taping shows I went to in the past year. Both sold out when it came to show time. Both had the Bucks headlining. 
Where were these shows. I will look them up and the rest of the card.

And how are you so sure they souled out because THEY were there?

Where were these shows. I will look them up and the rest of the card.

And how are you so sure they souled out because THEY were there?
Because there is NO way to know. I mentioned this earlier and you didnt' touch up on it. Without hard data of a survey of the crowd and asking who they came to see, there is NO WAY to know 100%. 

I am basing MY OPINION off of FACTS. That the shows sold out. The Bucks were the headline. 

You may say that they are completely different and the Bucks aren't the real reason it sold out, but YOU give me a reason why that's proof that the Bucks CANT draw and WHY the Bucks didn't contribute to that sell out. 

It goes both ways fams. 

Both Philly shows. One in August, one in January before the Rumble .

That isn't FACT though. To say there were THREE shows that they headlined and it was a sell-out and giving them credit for it is an ASSUMPTION that it was because of them.

Unless you CONSISTENTLY go town to town and sell out because your name is on the marquee, you aren't a draw man.

If they don't even headline consistently, how are we calling them draws?

Are CHarlotte and Sasha Banks draws? I mean they have headlined mroe sell out shows than the Young Bucks?

That isn't FACT though. To say there were THREE shows that they headlined and it was a sell-out and giving them credit for it is an ASSUMPTION that it was because of them.

Unless you CONSISTENTLY go town to town and sell out because your name is on the marquee, you aren't a draw man.

If they don't even headline consistently, how are we calling them draws?

Are CHarlotte and Sasha Banks draws? I mean they have headlined mroe sell out shows than the Young Bucks?
Yes. It is fact. They headlined those shows. They sold out.

Simple as that. I said nothing further for you to call them assumptions. 

ROH selling out in PHILLY. Let's credit the Young Bucks. Even though that is their #1 Market?

Come on man
But DISCREDIT the Young Bucks man. 

You are saying my logic is flawed. but I can turn it around on you and argue the exact same thing. 

Let's just end this now, we been at this for an hour 
laugh.gif

Man you can't use TV Tapings as an arguement. THey tape like 3 shows in once.

That isn't ONE event, so you can't say THEY were the reason it was a sell-out

Results. THere were THREE main events. 3 different shows.

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=125170

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=124663

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=118768

You CAN'T credit that sell out to the Young Bucks man.
I understand that 100%

But the fan going to these shows doesn't see these as 3 different shows. It's one show to them. Splitting them up into 3 different shows when it was filmed at once is unfair. 

And historically, ROH has put their biggest stars at the end of their TV tapings. 

When ROH advertises for these shows, they are not advertising episode by episode. They advertise strictly as a single unit. 

I'm talking about big shows too nobody give a dam about a ecw arena size venue. They could draw the marks out but can they draw the casuals which is the life blood of any company to target folks to become regulars no they can't.

Last edited:
@DCAllAmerican

Who do you consider a draw then... And dont name anyone in WWE or NJPW...
If you aren't on the Big Show, you aren't a damn draw.

To answer your question, NOBODY

I am sure there are some folks on the Lucha scene, but I don't follow Lucha religiously like that.

But EYE can't call you a draw unless you are doing it for a MAJOR promotion.

When ROH advertises for these shows, they are not advertising episode by episode. They advertise strictly as a single unit. 
They just rattle of names and say, "So and so will be here, etc."

So Young Bucks aren't getting credit for an ROH show in PHILLY selling out. No. Not at all man. How can you give THEM credit for THAT!

To my knowledge, they sold out the August show. As I was told. I stand corrected. 

They have proven time and time again that their names can draw. Simply due to the fact that when you go to a show, 2/3 wrestling shirts you see are Young Bucks. Merchandise is a direct indicator of drawing power. I don't know how you can argue that it's not. You don't buy merch but not want to see that person live if you have the opportunity. 

I understand that 100%

But the fan going to these shows doesn't see these as 3 different shows. It's one show to them. Splitting them up into 3 different shows when it was filmed at once is unfair. 

And historically, ROH has put their biggest stars at the end of their TV tapings. 
I don't know how dumb you think those fans are because EYE know when I go to an ROH TV TAping, I will be sitting there for 4 hours.

I am sure the intelligent Philly fans understand that 500%

[@=/u/37847/DCAllAmerican]@DCAllAmerican[/@]

Who do you consider a draw then... And dont name anyone in WWE or NJPW...
If you aren't on the Big Show, you aren't a damn draw.

To answer your question, NOBODY

I am sure there are some folks on the Lucha scene, but I don't follow Lucha religiously like that.

But EYE can't call you a draw unless you are doing it for a MAJOR promotion.

So we have fundamental differences on what being a Draw even is...

So can we stop this now please...

To my knowledge, they sold out the August show. As I was told. I stand corrected. 

They have proven time and time again that their names can draw. Simply due to the fact that when you go to a show, 2/3 wrestling shirts you see are Young Bucks. Merchandise is a direct indicator of drawing power. I don't know how you can argue that it's not. You don't buy merch but not want to see that person live if you have the opportunity. 
No it isn't. Merchandise is a direct indicator of how much people like that item.

It is not a DIRECT indicator of drawing power.

Back
Top Bottom