Wrestling Thread May 24-30 | 5/27 TNA iMPACT! | Anderson vs Styles | Hardy vs Wolfe

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Looks like batista is done wrestliing. Though not official, he is said to be entering the MMA scene.
Dave may train MMA, but I'll guarantee he never has an actual fight.  He'll be back in the WWE by the Royal Rumble.

^u might be right, but............
http://www.fightscoops.co...ining-for-an-mma-career/

but then again....

According to Dave Meltzer, Batista's contract with WWE expires at the end of the month and he is finished with WWE for the time being. He was originally scheduled to do house shows for several more weeks, but after suffering a back and tailbone injury at Over The Limit, did his final segment for the company on RAW this past Monday.

People within WWE expect him to be back sooner than later. Most feel, at the latest, he'll be back early next year in time for Wrestlemania. At 41 years old, it's believed that he'll be back since he knows he won't have other opportunities to make the kind of money he makes in WWE.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

I literally LOL'ed when Danielson straight stole on Miz.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And LMAO @ Jericho.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I watched that punch three or four times. Miz got laid out 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

WWE WrestleMania 27 To Avoid UFC Competition

It looks as though 2011 will not see WrestleMania and a UFC PPV scheduled for the same weekend, as was the case this year. WWE WrestleMania 27 will be held on April 3 in Atlanta, GA. The nearest UFC PPV is at present expected to be on March 26 at the Rogers Center in Toronto, Canada. That event will be UFC’s first in Ontario, should mixed martial arts become sanctioned in the province as expected. It is also expected to beat the current UFC attendance record of 21,390, set at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas for UFC 83.

The UFC 111 PPV was held on March 27 this year, the day before WrestleMania 26, with 850,000 buys on PPV. It is thought that this event ate into the WrestleMania 26 buyrate as that event came in far below expectations, with 885,000 buys. That was below the 960,000 buys for the less well-promoted WrestleMania 25 event, despite the Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber PPVs on the Road to WrestleMania improving on their 2009 buyrates.

The previous time UFC and WWE ran PPVs in the same weekend was a resounding win for UFC. WWE Survivor Series on November 22, 2009, did just 235,000 buys, while UFC 106 on November 21 did 375,000. Vince McMahon decided not to run the Survivor Series concept again in 2010.

Wait wait wait wait... Survivor Series is gone?
eek.gif

That means I went to the very last Survivor Series?
pimp.gif

But still... I can't believe it's gone. What's next, the Rumble?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

It looks as though 2011 will not see WrestleMania and a UFC PPV scheduled for the same weekend, as was the case this year. WWE WrestleMania 27 will be held on April 3 in Atlanta, GA. The nearest UFC PPV is at present expected to be on March 26 at the Rogers Center in Toronto, Canada. That event will be UFC’s first in Ontario, should mixed martial arts become sanctioned in the province as expected. It is also expected to beat the current UFC attendance record of 21,390, set at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas for UFC 83.

The UFC 111 PPV was held on March 27 this year, the day before WrestleMania 26, with 850,000 buys on PPV. It is thought that this event ate into the WrestleMania 26 buyrate as that event came in far below expectations, with 885,000 buys. That was below the 960,000 buys for the less well-promoted WrestleMania 25 event, despite the Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber PPVs on the Road to WrestleMania improving on their 2009 buyrates.

The previous time UFC and WWE ran PPVs in the same weekend was a resounding win for UFC. WWE Survivor Series on November 22, 2009, did just 235,000 buys, while UFC 106 on November 21 did 375,000. Vince McMahon decided not to run the Survivor Series concept again in 2010.

both of which were headlined by Georges St. Pierre, arguably the biggest draw in MMA today

Originally Posted by Club29

both of which were headlined by Georges St. Pierre, arguably the biggest draw in MMA today
I'd say GSP is #2 to Lesnar.

early money in the bank ppv plans
Spoiler [+]
drew mcintyre is expected to win it and cash it in the same night

- As noted before, there is talk of having a four-way match for the Unified Tag Team Titles at WWE's Fatal 4 Way pay-per-view. Fatal 4 Way may also see the winner of NXT make his pay-per-view debut and The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan is another possible match for the show.

One of the working ideas has been for the winner of NXT team with his Pro for a Unified Tag Team Title shot. This could be Chris Jericho & Wade Barrett, R-Truth & David Otunga or Matt Hardy & Justin Gabriel getting the title shot. Another possible ending for NXT is for David Otunga to win and challenge R-Truth for the United States Title.

It's been said that Otunga, Barrett and Bryan are the only three NXT rookies who are guaranteed a main roster spot, although Gabriel is likely to stick around also.

- Plans for the finish were changed in the Ted DiBiase vs. R-Truth match at Over the Limit. The original ending was to have DiBiase blame Virgil for his loss and then lay Virgil out with Dream Street, which would be the exit for Virgil's character. No word yet if Santino Marella dropping Virgil on RAW this week was the end of Virgil's latest run or if it will play out over the next few weeks.

- Depending on what happens with Randy Orton's injury, there is a back-up plan for the Fatal 4 Way pay-per-view where Sheamus would storyline injure him either at RAW or early the night of the show. Another Superstar would then fill-in for Orton in the main event. This would lead to an Orton vs. Sheamus feud in July, if Orton needs to take time off until then.

- As previously reported, the reason TNA did the storyline with taking Mick Foley off TV was because he was running out of dates on his contract. Foley recently pitched an idea to TNA officials that he'd return this summer with a new stable. It's been speculated in the past that Foley would team up with a group of ECW Originals.

Melina is back dating John Morrison

- Kaval (Low-ki) is hoping to join the WWE main roster soon.

IMO the WWE needs more of the serious, no non-sense, intense gimmicks. Kaval has that Filipino Warrior gimick that would fit perfectly. If in fact cm punk/mysterio feud is over, I wouldn't mind Kaval/Mysterio
pimp.gif

SMH, at the WWE if he wins the MIB PPV. But if leaked on the internet, it's must likely a swerve or change in plans. 

TNA bringing back a group of ECW originals?  REALLY?  C'mon, it's time to give up on ECW revivals.

Anybody know what's going to happen with NXT in two weeks? Is it getting pre-emptied, cancelled, replaced?
IMO, it's the best wrestling program on TV right now. I would love for them to do a Ultimate Fighter Finale/Sat Night Main Event/Clash of the Champions type blow off. 

Main Event: Danielson Vs Miz Grudge Match 

US Championship: R-Truth Vs. Otunga

Tag Team Championship: Hardy/Gabriel vs Y2J/Barrett vs Hart Dynasty

I doubt miz and Dragon face off for FREE. Vince knos that their is money to be made out of those two. But I could be wrong.

I would like to see Miz and Cole in the center of the ring beat down Brian and then have Bret Hart make a special appearance and hire Bryan to be on Raw.

probably a triple threat match between otunga, barret, and Gabriel.

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

Anybody know what's going to happen with NXT in two weeks? Is it getting pre-emptied, cancelled, replaced?
IMO, it's the best wrestling program on TV right now. I would love for them to do a Ultimate Fighter Finale/Sat Night Main Event/Clash of the Champions type blow off. 

sick.gif

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

sick.gif
Yeah, the wrestling sucks. But Danielson has killed it. His worked shoot promo three weeks ago, his attack on Michael Cole last week, then him punking Cole and putting the beatdown on the Miz was just great TV. Bryan Danielson is carrying NXT right now. 
Even a hater like you can agree with me on that, its been better than the Cena and Raw guest host crap we have on Raw, and the McIntyre/Teddy Long bs we get on Smackdown. And TNA, um no. 

NXT is entertaining TV, even with the bad wrestling. 

Haven't watched "the E" since WM26, is it true that the Rock is hosting Raw the Monday after next?

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Haven't watched "the E" since WM26, is it true that the Rock is hosting Raw the Monday after next?

Nah Mamba its the new A-team with hopefully, a victorious Rampage Jackson. 

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

No.  He's not scheduled for anything as of now.

If dude stated in the spoiler DOES win over guys like Kofi, Christian, Morrison etc...then SMH.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Impact on paper sounds good tonight.

Velvet Sky & Lacey Von Erich vs. Taylor Wilde & Sarita for Knockouts tag titles
Jay Lethal vs. Kazarian
Abyss vs. Orlando Jordan
Jeff Hardy vs. Desmond Wolfe
Mr. Anderson vs. A.J. Styles

survivor series really wasnt survivor series no more anyways. i remember when it use to be on thanksgiving night and had the 5 on 5 elimination teams. those survivor series were great

Sean "Syxx Pac" Waltmanmissed TNA Lockdown because he tested positive for Hepatitis C. Waltman revealed the information today during an in-studio interview with The Cowhead Show in Tampa, Florida. Waltman also revealed he tried to commit suicide in Mexico, hanging himself with a garden hose and taking pills. The attempt was foiled when Alicia Webb (formerly known as Ryan Shamrock) found him and saved him.

Everytime I see Matt Morgan on the mic and in the ring, I just SMH an question why the "E" released this guy.

WOW smh at both jim ross and tna. Jim Ross would have been the BIGGEST signing in tna history and would make them look like they werent in a bush league.

and jim ross? slap yourself.... being loyal never got nobody anywhere in wrestling....

how you gonna sign garbage like orlando jordan, nasty boys, shane helms, maria, sean waltman, scott hall, and shawn morely but not make a huge offer to jim ross? the @*#@ outta here

Back
Top Bottom