Wrestling Thread May27-June9 | 6/6 Impact LIVE - Quinton RAMPAGE Jackson Appears Tonight

Summer Rae looks like Sweet Dee. And I guess that's all I have to say about that.
roll.gif
damb shun

- The Triple H concussion storyline was reportedly pushed up from this year’s SummerSlam pay-per-view. Triple H vs. Curtis Axel was originally for SummerSlam but is being done at Payback now.

- Vince McMahon’s new idea in dealing with the NBA destroying them in ratings is for someone to try and get the 2014 NBA schedule ahead of time so that WWE can book Monday dates opposite of NBA games in “hot” cities like New York, Philadelphia, Chicago and others.

Vince’s idea is that if RAW is going up against a strong game and wrestling fans tune in and see, for example, a Philly crowd going nuts on RAW, they won’t switch the channel.

- Vince McMahon’s new idea in dealing with the NBA destroying them in ratings is for someone to try and get the 2014 NBA schedule ahead of time so that WWE can book Monday dates opposite of NBA games in “hot” cities like New York, Philadelphia, Chicago and others.

Vince’s idea is that if RAW is going up against a strong game and wrestling fans tune in and see, for example, a Philly crowd going nuts on RAW, they won’t switch the channel.

LOL sure Vince

Good episode of Superstars Main Event. That's all I can ask for is some good wrestling and things to make sense. Usos continuing to get their push (even at the expense of Rhodes Scholars, but whatever), a good Cesaro/Sheamus match, and a Curt Hawkins sighting.

LOL sure Vince

Good episode of Superstars Main Event. That's all I can ask for is some good wrestling and things to make sense. Usos continuing to get their push (even at the expense of Rhodes Scholars, but whatever), a good Cesaro/Sheamus match, and a Curt Hawkins sighting.

We got realize that if someone is getting a push its gonna be at someone else expense. More than likely if the Uso at some point down the line this year get the tag titles, Rhodes Scholars would be the next fued.

Vince has entered Al Davis/Jerry Jones level now

This is from the new Wrestling Observer by Dave Meltzer.

For those who think the company doesn’t see Bryan as a main eventer, right now the penciled in main event for Money in the Bank on 7/14 in Philadelphia is Cena vs. Bryan, with Bryan not being a heel, as the title match. As you should be aware, everything is subject to change. It’s pretty much a sure thing Bryan will be cheered in that match, given the city, and they are fully aware of that. The impression is they won’t try and make him a heel but that’s certainly something that can change. I sense the goal for the next two months is try to make Cena a “legend” by beating Rock, surviving Ryback and then having a match of the year with Bryan.

Yes please

- In the latest WWE-TNA Wrestling connection, a recent image has surfaced online of WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre chatting with TNA Wrestling talent Chavo Guerrero at an eating establishment in Tampa, Florida. A second image features McIntyre photographed in front of a poster promoting TNA’s recent Impact Wrestling event at the nearby USF Sun Dome.

URL]

Well they worked together, I don't think it means anything, and he is hardly posing in the last picture :lol:

I mean dude is such a complete joke now in WWE he's gonna be seen the same way if he went to TNA.

Raw on 6/3 did a 2.65 rating and 3.68 million viewers. The rating was the third lowest for a non-holiday Raw in the last 15 years, trailing two shows this past fall that went against blockbuster NFL games. It was also the lowest rating for a Raw show not on a holiday night or during football season since July 7, 1997, which was when they had head-to-head competition by Nitro at its peak.

The culprit was Game Seven of the Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers series, which did an 8.24 rating and 11.57 million viewers. That’s the end of Raw’s major sports issues until football season as the final series has no Monday games scheduled. Raw was third for the night on cable. The Stanley Cup playoffs with the Boston Bruins vs. Pittsburgh Penguins did a 2.1 rating and 2.60 million viewers on NBC Sports Network.

The show did a 1.8 in teenage boys (down 22%), 1.9 in Males 18-49 (down 14%), 0.8 in Girl teens (down 11%) and 0.9 in Women 18-49 (down 10%). The audience was 67.9% male.
  • The opening segment with Stephanie and Vince McMahon opened at 2.72, which is very low, and the game didn’t start until 8:30, so it appeared a lot of the usual audience that decided to watch the game didn’t even bother to tune in to Raw before the game started.
  • The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan & Kane & Randy Orton gained 1,400 viewers. Keep in mind they kept this match going until after 8:30 when the game started, by design, and the fact they were ahead at the end of the match then the start, given the start of the game, is a feather in their cap.
  • Usos vs. Prime Time Players lost 450,000 viewers to a show low 2.39, but that is to be expected.
  • Alberto Del Rio vs. Big E Langston gained 258,000 viewers at 9 p.m. to a 2.58.
  • Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes gained 18,000 viewers, which is better than I’d have expected.
  • Fandango vs. Great Khali lost 252,000 viewers.
  • Wade Barrett vs. The Miz in a non-title match and first part of the Chris Jericho/Paul Heyman contract signing gained 338,000 viewers.
  • The second part of the contract signing and Bellas & A.J. Lee vs. Kaitlyn & Naomi & Cameron gained 116,000 viewers to a 2.74 quarter at the 10 p.m. quarter.
  • Bryan and Kane backstage and The Wyatt Family vignette lost 328,000 viewers.
  • Daniel Bryan vs. Ryback gained 463,000 viewers at 10:30 p.m., which is tremendous for that time slot.
  • John Cena vs. Curtis Axel gained 430,000 viewers to a show peak of a 3.14 overrun.
For the last two matches, almost all the growth was adult Males. Bryan vs. Ryback in Males 18-49 went from a 1.8 to 2.2, the Cena vs. Axel from a 2.2 to 2.7. However, with teenagers, Bryan vs. Ryback went from 2.2 to 2.2, and Cena vs. Axel from 2.2 to 2.0.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Last edited:
DCAA, did you listen to the Steve Austin Podcast with Lance Storm yet? Good stuff. Like I said, I enjoy the podcast when it's interviews.

10 greatest wrestlers to never wrestle in WWE (courtesy of wwe.com)

10. Magnum TA
9. Akira Hokuto
8. The Midnight Express
7. The Sinister Minister
6. Nikita Koloff
5. Vampiro
4. New Jack
3. The Great Muta
2. Abdullah the Butcher
1. Sting

Full list/article on this link

Could've put Magnum higher on the list. And they could've easily replaced Vampiro and New Jack with other names like Misawa, Kobashi,Bockwinkel, El Santo and others.

The WWE acknowledged New Jack? Terri Runnels weeps.

DBry and Ryback :pimp: Big E, Del Rio and Wyatt Fam :pimp:

Fandango and Khali :rofl: :rofl:

10 greatest wrestlers to never wrestle in WWE (courtesy of wwe.com)

10. Magnum TA
9. Akira Hokuto
8. The Midnight Express
7. The Sinister Minister
6. Nikita Koloff
5. Vampiro
4. New Jack
3. The Great Muta
2. Abdullah the Butcher
1. Sting

Full list/article on this link

Could've put Magnum higher on the list. And they could've easily replaced Vampiro and New Jack with other names like Misawa, Kobashi,Bockwinkel, El Santo and others.
This may be the worst list WWE.com has ever put together.

Son, I died. I can just imagine CM Punk thinking to himself when he did that hurricanrana to him during their last RAW match "This ************ don't need to be doing no hurricanranas."
1) I read the whole thing in Orton's voice.

2) The fact that the voices in his head say "this *********** don't need to be doing no dropkicks" is hilarious.

3)
roll.gif
@ highlighted, especially in context. I remember he almost became a paraplegic on one of those cenacan'tranas.

Last edited:
- WWE officials have very big plans for Daniel Bryan this summer. Right now, Bryan vs. WWE Champion John Cena is the penciled in main event for the July 14th Money in the Bank pay-per-view from Philadelphia.

Word is that it will be a babyface vs. babyface match. WWE officials are fully aware that Bryan will be heavily cheered in Philadelphia. The feeling is that officials won’t try to turn Bryan heel but that may change.

- WWE will be revealing Kaitlyn’s secret admirer on Monday’s RAW. At one point, the person revealed was going to be Mark Henry as part of his babyface turn. With Henry’s WWE status up in the air, he likely won’t be revealed as the admirer.

- Regardless of how Antonio Cesaro has been booked lately, the feeling is that he will be a top star sooner than later. There are some who feel he’s too boring for the spotlight but he still has a strong supporter in Triple H.

- We’ve noted how a Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk feud has been discussed within WWE. Believe it or not, they also discussed having Lesnar do another mini-feud with John Cena.

- WWE Hall of Famer Edge used to be considered one of the best at putting together a match among his peers. Among the current group of WWE stars, CM Punk and Chris Jericho have that reputation but it’s said that Daniel Bryan is starting to get it. Of the newer guys, Dean Ambrose is starting to develop a good reputation.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom