Wrestling Thread Nov 1-7 | 11/7 TNA Turning Point - Hardy vs Morgan | Joe vs Jarrett | 3D vs MCMG

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

- Jeff The Drunk will be guest hosting RAW on 12/27 from Albany, New York according to the Howard Stern show today.
I thought Jeff Hardy was the TNA Champ? Why would he be guest hosting?

That Batista .gif is killing me.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

vince has another problem. according to wwe officials, the rosters for both brands has been the weakest in years and they are looking to create new stars.
We had to get an official report from "WWE Officials" to realize this?  You could have quoted my 10 year old cousin for this "news" report.
Yeah, IDK about that "report"...that's like saying according to WWE officials, the Attitude Era brought in higher ratings than the PG era.

Duh.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by retrogearsolid

- Jeff The Drunk will be guest hosting RAW on 12/27 from Albany, New York according to the Howard Stern show today.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

vince has another problem. according to wwe officials, the rosters for both brands has been the weakest in years and they are looking to create new stars.
We had to get an official report from "WWE Officials" to realize this?  You could have quoted my 10 year old cousin for this "news" report.
Yeah, IDK about that "report"...that's like saying according to WWE officials, the Attitude Era brought in higher ratings than the PG era.

Duh.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by retrogearsolid

laugh.gif

--Somehow a back speaker feed with Kevin Dunn giving instructions for last night's NXT show has made its way around the Internet.  It was on Youtube earlier today although WWE may have had it taken down by now.

Anyone have this?

--Somehow a back speaker feed with Kevin Dunn giving instructions for last night's NXT show has made its way around the Internet.  It was on Youtube earlier today although WWE may have had it taken down by now.

Anyone have this?

- There has been much talk amongst creative regarding The Miz and the Money in the Bank briefcase he won at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view.

Commentators have been informed to not push his title too hard because when he ultimately cashes it, they want it to come as a surprise to fans. One idea tossed around was for the The Miz to be the first Superstar to lose after cashing in the Money in the Bank briefcase, but then to be quickly elevated with a huge follow-up victory.

It’s been noted that all of this doesn’t have to occur until WrestleMania, since the stipulation was that he had one year to cash it in and he won it in July.

Meanwhile, there has been discussion of holding a Money in the Bank Match at WrestleMania despite Money in the Bank being scheduled as stand-alone pay-per-view event in July.

- WWE’s creative department has discussed keeping The Nexus together through WrestleMania and subsequently splitting the group via the annual Draft in April.

-- While the exact gross amount for the two-day theatrical release of WWE Studios' Knuckleheadhas yet to be disclosed, the film reportedly garnered less than $1,000 total.

It is said that company officials did not expect to make much money off the film at the box office due to it basically being a straight-to-video release. The film was given a limited release in theaters to ward off the perception.

- The unique manner in which Daniel Bryan is being promoted on television — as a "nerd" character — is the brainchild of Vince McMahon. When Michael Cole chastises the United States Champion over commentary, it's largely the WWE Chairman feeding Cole lines than Cole developing his own insults.

- There has been much talk amongst creative regarding The Miz and the Money in the Bank briefcase he won at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view.

Commentators have been informed to not push his title too hard because when he ultimately cashes it, they want it to come as a surprise to fans. One idea tossed around was for the The Miz to be the first Superstar to lose after cashing in the Money in the Bank briefcase, but then to be quickly elevated with a huge follow-up victory.

It’s been noted that all of this doesn’t have to occur until WrestleMania, since the stipulation was that he had one year to cash it in and he won it in July.

Meanwhile, there has been discussion of holding a Money in the Bank Match at WrestleMania despite Money in the Bank being scheduled as stand-alone pay-per-view event in July.

- WWE’s creative department has discussed keeping The Nexus together through WrestleMania and subsequently splitting the group via the annual Draft in April.

-- While the exact gross amount for the two-day theatrical release of WWE Studios' Knuckleheadhas yet to be disclosed, the film reportedly garnered less than $1,000 total.

It is said that company officials did not expect to make much money off the film at the box office due to it basically being a straight-to-video release. The film was given a limited release in theaters to ward off the perception.

- The unique manner in which Daniel Bryan is being promoted on television — as a "nerd" character — is the brainchild of Vince McMahon. When Michael Cole chastises the United States Champion over commentary, it's largely the WWE Chairman feeding Cole lines than Cole developing his own insults.

Went to SD last night in Bridgeport, heres a quick rundown.

-Arena at Harbor Yard only has a max capacity of around 9,000. That being said, it was the worst turnout for a tv taping I have EVER seen there. Around 40% of the arena was taped off, including the entire hard camera side from the stage to half of the last section before the arena starts to curve.

-NXT was by far the worst thing I have ever seen at a WWE show. It made me miss the WWECW taping a few years back at the Mohegan Sun where Big Daddy V was in the ring for almost half an hour straight.

-Swagger vs Kaval on Superstars was a very good match.

-The main event also very good, I woudl def recommend watching it.

-The rest of the show sucked, out of the 25-30 WWE events I have attended over the past 11 years, this was bottom 3 overall.

-Seeing Paul Bearer live was amazing. I have never seen him, and now feel like I have see everyone I ever wanted to see. Yes, I am a major Paul Bearer Mark. His little mannerisms are hilarous live.

Went to SD last night in Bridgeport, heres a quick rundown.

-Arena at Harbor Yard only has a max capacity of around 9,000. That being said, it was the worst turnout for a tv taping I have EVER seen there. Around 40% of the arena was taped off, including the entire hard camera side from the stage to half of the last section before the arena starts to curve.

-NXT was by far the worst thing I have ever seen at a WWE show. It made me miss the WWECW taping a few years back at the Mohegan Sun where Big Daddy V was in the ring for almost half an hour straight.

-Swagger vs Kaval on Superstars was a very good match.

-The main event also very good, I woudl def recommend watching it.

-The rest of the show sucked, out of the 25-30 WWE events I have attended over the past 11 years, this was bottom 3 overall.

-Seeing Paul Bearer live was amazing. I have never seen him, and now feel like I have see everyone I ever wanted to see. Yes, I am a major Paul Bearer Mark. His little mannerisms are hilarous live.

around 40% of the arena was taped off?

has there ever been a show that did worse?

around 40% of the arena was taped off?

has there ever been a show that did worse?

Video was interesting.

I was at a Raw at Penn St that was really taped off. For a 20,000 seat arena, I'd guess there were maybe 7,000 people there. This was back in 2005 or 2006.

Video was interesting.

I was at a Raw at Penn St that was really taped off. For a 20,000 seat arena, I'd guess there were maybe 7,000 people there. This was back in 2005 or 2006.

Rhodes is
laugh.gif

On another note-

-- Ezekiel Jackson
reportedly suffered an injury during his bout with Zack Ryder at tonight's Raw live event in Nice, France as he had difficulty walking after performing The Book of Ezekiel on the Long Island native.

Either he has problems in the ring, or God really wanted Christian to be the last ECW champion and is taking it out on old Zeke.

Rhodes is
laugh.gif

On another note-

-- Ezekiel Jackson
reportedly suffered an injury during his bout with Zack Ryder at tonight's Raw live event in Nice, France as he had difficulty walking after performing The Book of Ezekiel on the Long Island native.

Either he has problems in the ring, or God really wanted Christian to be the last ECW champion and is taking it out on old Zeke.

As part of its Third Quarter 2010 financial results that were released on Thursday morning, World Wrestling Entertainment released the official pay-per-view buyrates and revenues for the quarter - and no surprise here, they're down from last year.

WWE's 3 pay-per-view events from July-September generated $13.6 million which is down 6.2% from $14.5 million in same quarter in 2009. PPV buys were down 16% from 2009.

Here is the breakdown:

- Money in the Bank (July) did 165,000 buys, down from the 267,000 buys that Night of Champions drew in July 2009.

- SummerSlam (August) did 350,000 buys, down from the 369,000 buys that SummerSlam 2009 drew.

- Night of Champions (September) did a 165,000 buys, down from the 169,000 buys that Breaking Point did in September 2009.

- People in both WWE and UFC feel that a Brock Lesnar role at WrestleMania 27 won't happen because of Lesnar's contract with UFC. However, even as recent as of a few days ago, there were people in WWE still working on putting something together. WWE has been tossing around potential ideas and trying to see if there's a way Lesnar could be involved contractually without UFC President Dana White having to approve it. They are also trying to figure out a way for White to approve a deal.

Regarding the confrontation at UFC 121, the belief is that WWE itself did not directly contact Brock Lesnar or his camp, but someone very close to Vince McMahon did. One could suspect that Paul Heyman, considering his relationship with Lesnar and his past with WWE, may have been the middle man but word is that it was not him. Heyman has been quiet on the subject but in the past has floated an idea to WWE about bringing in Lesnar for some kind of role.

It's believed that there was no direct approach from Vince McMahon because that could lead to contract tampering.

One WWE source felt that Lesnar could get between $2 million and $3 million from WWE for a WrestleMania appearance.

As part of its Third Quarter 2010 financial results that were released on Thursday morning, World Wrestling Entertainment released the official pay-per-view buyrates and revenues for the quarter - and no surprise here, they're down from last year.

WWE's 3 pay-per-view events from July-September generated $13.6 million which is down 6.2% from $14.5 million in same quarter in 2009. PPV buys were down 16% from 2009.

Here is the breakdown:

- Money in the Bank (July) did 165,000 buys, down from the 267,000 buys that Night of Champions drew in July 2009.

- SummerSlam (August) did 350,000 buys, down from the 369,000 buys that SummerSlam 2009 drew.

- Night of Champions (September) did a 165,000 buys, down from the 169,000 buys that Breaking Point did in September 2009.

- People in both WWE and UFC feel that a Brock Lesnar role at WrestleMania 27 won't happen because of Lesnar's contract with UFC. However, even as recent as of a few days ago, there were people in WWE still working on putting something together. WWE has been tossing around potential ideas and trying to see if there's a way Lesnar could be involved contractually without UFC President Dana White having to approve it. They are also trying to figure out a way for White to approve a deal.

Regarding the confrontation at UFC 121, the belief is that WWE itself did not directly contact Brock Lesnar or his camp, but someone very close to Vince McMahon did. One could suspect that Paul Heyman, considering his relationship with Lesnar and his past with WWE, may have been the middle man but word is that it was not him. Heyman has been quiet on the subject but in the past has floated an idea to WWE about bringing in Lesnar for some kind of role.

It's believed that there was no direct approach from Vince McMahon because that could lead to contract tampering.

One WWE source felt that Lesnar could get between $2 million and $3 million from WWE for a WrestleMania appearance.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Rhodes is
laugh.gif

On another note-

-- Ezekiel Jackson

Zeke is a body builder and his muscles tear easy. Disadvantage of being 300 pounds of muscle.

Rhodes is
laugh.gif

On another note-

-- Ezekiel Jackson

Zeke is a body builder and his muscles tear easy. Disadvantage of being 300 pounds of muscle.

- For what it's worth, people in WWE are wanting to push the Nexus angle by giving them all of the title belts. With Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel holding the WWE Tag Team Titles, this might mean that Wade Barrett would defeat Randy Orton for the WWE Title and likely David Otunga would capture the United States Title.

- As noted before, CM Punk is going down with an injury and the planned feud with Daniel Bryan is out the window. A suggestion has been made for William Regal to feud with Bryan now and it's said there's a 50/50 chance it will happen.

- One idea tossed around within WWE is to have Randy Orton win the Royal Rumble and go on to WrestleMania. This could mean that Orton drops the WWE Title to Wade Barrett at Survivor Series. Orton was originally set to lose the belt to Barrett at Bragging Rights but that was changed.

WWE's creative team has discussed holding a Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett program at some point in 2011.

The Nexus spokesman is said to be "super over" with key personnel in the organization and has consequently overtaken the position held by Sheamus earlier this year. They also feel he has surpassed the "Celtic Warrior" in garnering heat from the audience.

Also on tap for Barrett is the climax of his feud with John Cena early next year, and a subsequent WrestleMania program with The Undertaker— providing the SmackDown star is healthy.

Barrett and Sheamus, as well Cena and Randy Orton, are considered the focal points of Raw going forward, until Triple H returns and joins the main event mix. Sheamus' current program with John Morrison is considered a placeholder feud until the "King of Kings" returns to action.

- Management representing a top UFC fighter has sent feelers to WWE about joining the company when his UFC contract expires. It’s said the fighter is one of the last people you’d expect to join pro wrestling.

- For what it's worth, people in WWE are wanting to push the Nexus angle by giving them all of the title belts. With Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel holding the WWE Tag Team Titles, this might mean that Wade Barrett would defeat Randy Orton for the WWE Title and likely David Otunga would capture the United States Title.

- As noted before, CM Punk is going down with an injury and the planned feud with Daniel Bryan is out the window. A suggestion has been made for William Regal to feud with Bryan now and it's said there's a 50/50 chance it will happen.

- One idea tossed around within WWE is to have Randy Orton win the Royal Rumble and go on to WrestleMania. This could mean that Orton drops the WWE Title to Wade Barrett at Survivor Series. Orton was originally set to lose the belt to Barrett at Bragging Rights but that was changed.

WWE's creative team has discussed holding a Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett program at some point in 2011.

The Nexus spokesman is said to be "super over" with key personnel in the organization and has consequently overtaken the position held by Sheamus earlier this year. They also feel he has surpassed the "Celtic Warrior" in garnering heat from the audience.

Also on tap for Barrett is the climax of his feud with John Cena early next year, and a subsequent WrestleMania program with The Undertaker— providing the SmackDown star is healthy.

Barrett and Sheamus, as well Cena and Randy Orton, are considered the focal points of Raw going forward, until Triple H returns and joins the main event mix. Sheamus' current program with John Morrison is considered a placeholder feud until the "King of Kings" returns to action.

- Management representing a top UFC fighter has sent feelers to WWE about joining the company when his UFC contract expires. It’s said the fighter is one of the last people you’d expect to join pro wrestling.

Originally Posted by Mogulson

Rhodes is
laugh.gif

On another note-

-- Ezekiel Jackson

Yep there is a reason why dude moves slow. All they do is lift. You look at a 300 pound NFL D-Line and they are very athletic.

That's why I don't understand Vince's love for big guys. If its a Vader type, then cool. He was entertaining and could move. But dudes like Zeke move like they are in a small square.

Originally Posted by Mogulson

Rhodes is
laugh.gif

On another note-

-- Ezekiel Jackson

Yep there is a reason why dude moves slow. All they do is lift. You look at a 300 pound NFL D-Line and they are very athletic.

That's why I don't understand Vince's love for big guys. If its a Vader type, then cool. He was entertaining and could move. But dudes like Zeke move like they are in a small square.

Back
Top Bottom