Wrestling Thread Nov 21-27 | 11/24 Happy Thanksgiving to NTWT!

Well, things make a bit more sense now from last night.....
244v8mt.jpg

This is in regards to the report of two WWE wrestlers being busted for using synthetic marijuana at a party last month.  Evan Bourne was suspended immediately.  The suspension of R-Truth was held off due to his spot at Survivor Series.  Makes it more surprising that Miz took the pin instead of Truth on Survivor Series.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Well, things make a bit more sense now from last night.....
244v8mt.jpg

This is in regards to the report of two WWE wrestlers being busted for using synthetic marijuana at a party last month.  Evan Bourne was suspended immediately.  The suspension of R-Truth was held off due to his spot at Survivor Series.  Makes it more surprising that Miz took the pin instead of Truth on Survivor Series.

Just picked up WWE '12. Game is
pimp.gif
. Controls will take some practice but everything flows well kinda like a real match. Just played John Cena as The Rock and Cena is damn near unstoppable
30t6p3b.gif
I didn't know how to run or anything.

Also loving that I can just add music to the PS3 via USB drive...Taker coming out to Johnny Cash
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

– SuperLuchas.net reports Sin Cara suffered the patella tendon rupture at Survivor Series as he was jumping over the ring ropes, not when he landed. His tendon snapped as he was gaining momentum to make the jump.

- WWE Diva Layla will be returning to the ring from injury soon. She did a chat on WWE’s website last night before RAW and was recently featured in a poll asking who should face Beth Phoenix for the Divas Title next. Layla won the poll with 55% of votes.
eek.gif
at Sin Cara landing on what was an already ruptured patella.
-NTWT all
2qvup1g.gif
with this Layla news.

boshtongue.gif

raw

55460483.gif

2010_12060005.jpg

Looking at this post in hindsight, WWE dropped the ball on Sunday (which many of us said at the time anyway).  A) Just look at the difference in reaction that Ryder got @ MSG compared to Hershey, PA.  Not even comparable.  B) If Ryder won the title Sunday night, it would have been an atmosphere that WWE will not be able to match again.  The time and the place were right.  It needed to be done.  I don't know if WWE didn't want to overshine other things on the card, but they blew it.  And regardless, there were still LOUD Ryder chants all night long.  When Ryder eventually does win the US Title, it will be in some midwest city where the crowd sits on their hands.  And C) It was so stupid for Ryder to get squashed by Del Rio last night.  Absolutely no reason for it.
Here's a fan report from the show last night.
I was at the show in Hershey and after the opening promo Ryder came out for his match to a HUGE ovation. But when he was in the ring Larenitis came out and said he needed a word with Ryder backstage and Ryder left. He then later came out again for his match and although got a great reaction it was noticeably less of a pop than when he Previously came out, because people had already seen him and were expecting him again.

Reading the raw reports though it seems like this was not shown or acknowledged on TV.

Could this have been done to lessen the pop on tv so as not to show up guys above him on the roster?

CONSPIRACY.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Looking at this post in hindsight, WWE dropped the ball on Sunday (which many of us said at the time anyway).  A) Just look at the difference in reaction that Ryder got @ MSG compared to Hershey, PA.  Not even comparable.  B) If Ryder won the title Sunday night, it would have been an atmosphere that WWE will not be able to match again.  The time and the place were right.  It needed to be done.  I don't know if WWE didn't want to overshine other things on the card, but they blew it.  And regardless, there were still LOUD Ryder chants all night long.  When Ryder eventually does win the US Title, it will be in some midwest city where the crowd sits on their hands.  And C) It was so stupid for Ryder to get squashed by Del Rio last night.  Absolutely no reason for it.
Here's a fan report from the show last night.
I was at the show in Hershey and after the opening promo Ryder came out for his match to a HUGE ovation. But when he was in the ring Larenitis came out and said he needed a word with Ryder backstage and Ryder left. He then later came out again for his match and although got a great reaction it was noticeably less of a pop than when he Previously came out, because people had already seen him and were expecting him again.

Reading the raw reports though it seems like this was not shown or acknowledged on TV.

Could this have been done to lessen the pop on tv so as not to show up guys above him on the roster?

CONSPIRACY.

I don't want to believe this. But that reaction he got was unexpectedly horrible.

Just picked up the game from Best Buy with the Target price match. They didn't have any of the Rock dvd's left though. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Just picked up the game from Best Buy with the Target price match. They didn't have any of the Rock dvd's left though. 
30t6p3b.gif

Is this a new Rock DVD or the one from several years ago?

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

30t6p3b.gif

Is this a new Rock DVD or the one from several years ago?

The old one. I already have it but it would have been nice to have a new copy to give to someone as a gift or something. 

Not sure who mentioned it, but I hope it's not true that Hunico/Primo & Epico will get pushed to the side cause of
Sin Cara's injury. I'm more interested in those 3 right now than I've ever been interested in Sin Cara.

Check the spoiler below for my pictures from Survivor Series. Overall great experience my godson and I had an awesome time and we also got to take the commemorative chairs homes with us. Some notes...Sin Cara was literally crying in front of us he was in so much pain. Cody came over and said hes garbage take him out of here quick. Orton then had to have a discreet discussion with the referee regarding the remaining spots for the match. Ryder and the Rock had the garden buzzing it was a great atmosphere. Some notable people at the garden: rosenberg from hot 97, Brian Cashman gm of the yankees, Jason Kidd's Son TJ, Vinny from MTV presents the challenge and in our row we sat near the Rock's mom and his girlfriend.

Spoiler [+]

SURVIVOR SERIES GIFS
HQNAA.gif
OxyTl.gif
GTIlT.gif

Ziggler/Morrison
Spoiler [+]
dC8Xs.gif
fAKou.gif
Q37HC.gif
Q37HC.gif
E0mSR.gif