Wrestling Thread Sep 8-14 | 9/11 NXT Takeover - KENTA Debut, Neville v Zayn v Kidd v Breeze

I agree entirely.

I'd heard quite a few tales that he had a bit of a diva attitude behind the scenes (Apparently he told Jericho and Edge they were unprofessional for calling a match in the ring :stoneface: ) but I always took those stories with a grain of salt. When he quit and the details started coming out, I realized that they were closer to reality than I had thought. He was spoiled for so long that when he finally didn't get his way he threw a tantrum and went home. All of that is like "who cares" stuff because he was good in the ring and killer on the mic. But now he acts like he wants the world to forget that he was a professional wrestler and that bothers me so much more than anything else. **** him.

Jake vs Punk is still probably my top fantasy feud though.

CM Punk was spoiled for so long? Eh? I must have missed that part of his career. Way too many assumptions going on around here about young Phillip. You guys may dislike how he parted ways with the company but at the end of the day you don't truly know how those interactions with Vince went. How long he's been voicing his displeasure to Vince? So you can't up and just say "well he decided one day to just up and leave because he didn't get the main event spot."

Everyone knows Phil became a brat after the pipe bomb and that lengthy title reign. He picked up too much confidence. Used to be my favorite wrestler, but he really went out like a punk.

Last edited:
cm_punk___box_with_god_by_tom_kneeshaw-d5shylh.jpg

CM Punk was spoiled for so long? Eh? I must have missed that part of his career. Way too many assumptions going on around here about young Phillip. You guys may dislike how he parted ways with the company but at the end of the day you don't truly know how those interactions with Vince went. How long he's been voicing his displeasure to Vince? So you can't up and just say "well he decided one day to just up and leave because he didn't get the main event spot."
This right here. That's the main problew with "dirtsheets" and the "reporting" that passes around the internet

This right here. That's the main problew with "dirtsheets" and the "reporting" that passes around the internet

But didn't Philly himself say, around the end of his title run or after it, that the only thing left for him to accomplish was being the main event at Mania?..I'm almost positive I heard him say that in an interview or during a promo..I think that's why the majority of us believe that's why he left..

Regardless of how he left, he did so in poor taste. Finish out your contract and then call it quits just like Stone Cold said.

But didn't Philly himself say, around the end of his title run or after it, that the only thing left for him to accomplish was being the main event at Mania?..I'm almost positive I heard him say that in an interview or during a promo..I think that's why the majority of us believe that's why he left..
It was obvious as hell that Phil didn't have the same passion long before he quit. Dude was only using 5 moves, he looked like ****, you could tell he was worn out. But still, if that was the case, he should've asked for time off instead of just ditching the company the way he did.

Regardless of how he left, he did so in poor taste. Finish out your contract and then call it quits just like Stone Cold said.

Meh, Austin walked out, then repaired things and came back for a final run. Wouldn't be surprised if Punk did the same, but it definitely won't be has fast as Austin came back.

austin always uses the phrase "what's best for business"

easy for him to say when 19/20 times what he thinks is best for business is him getting over in a glorified fashion

whether it's really best for business or not

i could never be or will never be a huge fan of austin because of this bs

Last edited:
Austin has 0 room to talk. Punk probably got the exact idea to walk out from him 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom