Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

giphy.gif
Did the entire roster really go out to sing happy birthday to the WWE Network? And they made a cake too... 
laugh.gif

Drew,

I simply disagree with you saying a woman should be allowed to compete for the World Title.

That is why I said there are separate mens and womens sports for a reason. Across the population, men are going to be stronger/faster; so it isn't believable to have a woman compete VS. a man.

I see no issue with just PROPERLY elevating the Woman's division before we even start to think about a woman competing with the men.

Have a strong women's division. What is the issue with JUST doing that?
I see your point from a physiological standpoint, I truly do, so don't think I am trying to shoot you down at all. From a personal standpoint, I know damn well I am not stronger than alot of the female competitors I watch in Joshi, I don't work out/rain/diet like they do for how they utilize their bodies so I know damn well a kick from Kana or an elbow from Kairi is gonna hurt like hell because I am not trained for that. That being said, yes, your average male wrestler is usually going to be more physically inclined. Chyna however was a stand out, and they have shown women can endure greater amounts of pain in stress tests better than males do, so even if a male performer working with a female one could cause more injury even while working safely, it is possible. 

I get there is the issue of the consumable portrayal of male on female violence, and the general SJW/Snowflake PC culture that would dog it, but ya know what, why not at least try it again. If it doesn't work, great. But your product gets stale over time if you don't push boundaries and question what is and is not able to work if you don't ever try those things. I am not saying go back to a full on attitude era, that is long gone. But why not start breaking more molds like E has been trying to do in regards to non, white male athletes? 

Drew, you don't see what he's trying to do?
I love DC, troll or not lol. 

I am legit trying to have a discussion about the merits of having an era of wrestling where gender does not mean a thing, as to be truly equal, we have to get past the idea that "x demarcates x with these traits" etc. 

True equality comes when we stop focusing on the micro and looking at the macro.

Drew, you don't see what he's trying to do?
I love DC, troll or not lol. 

I am legit trying to have a discussion about the merits of having an era of wrestling where gender does not mean a thing, as to be truly equal, we have to get past the idea that "x demarcates x with these traits" etc. 

True equality comes when we stop focusing on the micro and looking at the macro.

He/she is trying to "play God".

Trying to make it a religion topic.

Needs a mental evaluation.

Last edited:
The closest we'll get to men vs women in WWE is Becky vs Ellsworth. There are way too many problems with doing that now. Men wouldn't be able to lay a hand on the women without people freaking out. 

He/she is trying to "play God".

Trying to make it a religion topic.

Needs a mental evaluation.
Haha. I don't know if DC has a "god" complex, even though I am sure Gene-o thinks otherwise. I guess I don't see the religious tie as I am firmly rooted in eastern philosophy/spirituality. 

The closest we'll get to men vs women in WWE is Becky vs Ellsworth. There are way too many problems with doing that now. Men wouldn't be able to lay a hand on the women without people freaking out. 
That would be an awful match. Your point at the end is why I totally brought up the problematics of it given current contemporary cultures views on violence toward women. 

I am an idealist, optimist, and like to think that people can move past binaries and such to find spaces in which these things are not so "dangerous" and inflammatory, but the snowflake movement and the safe space culture brings out the pessimist in me. 

I gotta have surgery Wednesday. Wish me luck.
good luck JL, I am sure you will be alright, but I will send some positive chi your way. 

@iHust1e  How you been fam? What's good on F13?

@jcmojica24  I remember that feeling of 30 lol. I don't, keep your head up. The year I turned 30 I went to Japan the first time and my life changed for way better. Plus don't you have a kiddo on the way? That is enough to be stoked for a long time.

Last edited:
The product isn't stale from a lack of co-ed wrestling Drew.

The product is stale because of poor writing and a lack of respect for the fan's intelligence.

You can't bring up, "Stale product, push boundaries" card while having THIS conversation.

Also, you compared yourself to pro female athletes, difference is wr are asking fans to buy into prp female athletes to compete with PRO male athletes.

Nah man.

Like I said, let the women shine in their own RESPECTABLE division FIRST, before we talk about a woman holding a world title

I gotta have surgery Wednesday. Wish me luck.
good luck JL, I am sure you will be alright, but I will send some positive chi your way. 

@iHust1e
 How you been fam? What's good on F13?

@jcmojica24
 I remember that feeling of 30 lol. I don't, keep your head up. The year I turned 30 I went to Japan the first time and my life changed for way better. Plus don't you have a kiddo on the way? That is enough to be stoked for a long time.

I do have a kid that is due to be here in November so I def am very excited about that! Turning 30 is no big deal really just crazy that it seems like yesterday I was turning 18 and 21 and now gonna be 30 :lol:

The product isn't stale from a lack of co-ed wrestling Drew.

The product is stale because of poor writing and a lack of respect for the fan's intelligence.

You can't bring up, "Stale product, push boundaries" card while having THIS conversation.

Also, you compared yourself to pro female athletes, difference is wr are asking fans to buy into prp female athletes to compete with PRO male athletes.

Nah man.

Like I said, let the women shine in their own RESPECTABLE division FIRST, before we talk about a woman holding a world title
1: That was simply one example. For me it would actually excite me to see co-ed wrestling make a comeback under the banner idea of promoting equal opportunity to EVERY competitor. 

2: totally agree.

3: Care to answer why? I feel they intersect here.

4: you shouldn't realistically have to ASK fans to buy into it. I am sure I am generalizing, but when I look out into a WWE crowd, I imagine very few of them can legit take a regular bump unassisted, let alone a bump from a slightly trained wrestling performer. 

5: I am really glad that Trips and Steph are pushing this, I truly am, because I loved Bull, Dump, and so many other strong female performers growing up. To see them get their own world title, to see a tournament, and of course to see Joshi performers I have been following for years in person. But there is always more steps to climb, I think this is a perfectly reasonable, realistic step over time to get to. 

Back
Top Bottom