Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

Can I have your computers hard drive? I know you got the best scenes.
giphy.gif

I think there are plenty of female performers who work better and harder than their male counterparts, so I maybe I did not make that obvious from the outset, for that, my bad. I figured it was explicit in my championing of their abilities to perform the job just as handily as anyone. I think we are certainly speaking for others and I would be really interested in hearing from the actual performers what they think. 
Of course there are women that work better than men. That was never the reason why I don't think it would work.

Being able to work but lacking the physicality is why I don't buy it.

Minami Toyota is a Top 5 performer of the 90s In Japan. (Liger, Mutoh, Kobashi, Misawa being the other 4). So I have seen first hand how good a woman could be. But no matter how good she was, her in the ring with those other 4 or the rest of the Top 20 male performers is not believable. (Maybe against REY or Juventud because they are the same size).

It doesn't make me sexist to say that a male athlete knows that he is a superior athlete (not relatively, absolutely) than the females on the roster. It is simple biology.

I don't know why we want to act like that isn't the case.

Men and Women have SEPARATE sports leagues for a reason Drew. Because they are not made the same.

But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy and appreciate what women do vs. other women.

But it also doesn't mean it is SEXIST if I think the vast vast vast majority of women aren't on the physical level of even the lower level male PRO athletes

My issue with WWE is this.

Build up each division that you have to be respectable enough to headline a PPV without people complaining.

Women
IC
Cruiserweights
Tag-Team

Every other combat sport is able to do this. BUSHI and KUSHIDA sold-out Korakuen Hall last month. They both are Jr Heavyweights.

Instead of wanting to see man vs. woman, why can't we just keep it at SOLID woman vs. woman. Build that division up enough to headline a PPV. You build the division like that. You give your women respect by doing THAT. Not by giving pity wins over men that aren't believable. If that makes me sexist, whatever.

Like there are SO many things wrong with man vs. woman matches that I don't even need to go into but I just don't see that working man.

I finally got around to watching the Kenny Omega and Okada Dominion match and holy **** was that awesome those dudes are great. Like everything about that match was great the moves, Cody and the bullet club coming out losing their ****, Kenny finally hit the one winged angle but Okada got his the rope :wow:  just a fantastic match

I gotta watch the Naito one too from Dominion and eventually get around to the G1 stuff. NJPW is great 

What G1 matches should I watch :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Check out Naito v Elgin from New Beginning too

Naito's best match this year IMO

Drew: Please listen starting at the 13:23 mark

They discuss this man vs. woman in sports topic.

I said with Shultz, the main one talking

https://tinyurl.com/tvcu7or

Have you heard ‘Rat *****’ by @BrilliantIdiots on #SoundCloud? #np

Last edited:
Did you watch his 2 matches vs. OKADA from last year?

I saw those last year and haven't revisited them because I've been more interested in watching things I've never seen

The match from KoPW was one of my favorite matches from 2016 tho

I wish the G1 had some of those "outsider" competitors this year

I saw those last year and haven't revisited them because I've been more interested in watching things I've never seen

The match from KoPW was one of my favorite matches from 2016 tho

I wish the G1 had some of those "outsider" competitors this year

Respect for REALLY doing this, unlike the thread starter. (That you for some reason defend in all of this, KNOWING that he is jokes about it)

If you are his friend, tell him to cut the ******** because he messes up the flow of actual wrestling discussion when he jokes around like that.

Respect for REALLY doing this, unlike the thread starter. (That you for some reason defend in all of this, KNOWING that he is jokes about it)
Stop bullying me. I watched G1 over the weekend. Right now I am wearing a Kenny the cleaner tee bought from hot topic. To support my guy for winning the iwgp us championship belt. I take my wrestling seriously.

Stop bullying me. I watched G1 over the weekend. Right now I am wearing a Kenny the cleaner tee bought from hot topic. To support my guy for winning the iwgp us championship belt. I take my wrestling seriously.
God Bless You dude

Back
Top Bottom