Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

you guys want kayfabe through matches though......
images%2Farticle%2F2017%2F06%2F06%2Ftunanod.gif

ok, I disagree because I think it matters who you take l's against, y'all are talking about his moniker of the bulgarian brut, how does that equate to unstoppable bad ***, then he fought the guy who can finish you out of nowhere, and wouldn't you know he got finished out of nowhere.....

the same way it's funny when a dude shows up in a full NBA authentic set and a fresh pair of lime green Air Flight Super Danger Force 2017s before proceeding to get ran off the blacktop, it's unseemly af when a guy shows up in a tank to get pinned or chokes a man with a chain in a submission hold to no effect.

his whole thing is Rusev hit, Rusev crush, but if Rusev don't win then it looks bad.

on the other hand somebody like Ambrose can absorb a few L's and still come out looking okay, because you know he's gonna slug a 5th of Seagram's gin and come back fighting tomorrow. he openly acknowledges he won't win every fight and goes in swinging anyway.

this is gonna hurt my heart, but back to Bray Wyatt. everybody thought his lyrical prowess was cool when he was leading an unstoppable cult, now he's viewed as that rambling loser every city has that hands out weird flyers near a trashcan filled with weird flyers.

you know why? because he talks **** then gets beat up.

to make an extreme version of my point, Enzo Amore came out and cut a hip-hop soliloquy about how he was an indomitable Jersey survivor before having another man come out and defend his honor. nobody can respect that, and no one did.

Last edited:
"Let me check my SENT mail. That means that is something someone already SENT me right."

I don't mean to laugh at this woman but I love old people and TECH man.

Until you become IT for them. Had that happen with my Mom. I didn't go to school for that, so I am not about that life man lol.

rusev did hit and rusev did crush, he was one up on orton, not to mention he jumped orton before the match, then out of nowhere he lost to the guy who can beat you out of nowhere.......

nobody cares about enzo, because he had one match since he broke up, and he's said the same thing for a month now...... however i used to appreciate his character, until it came out he thinks he's bigger than wwe, i wouldn't believe that if it wasn't for reigns kicking him off the bus

corbin was fighting the guy that lost a numbers one contenders match, rusev was fighting the guy who just lost his belt, so if your logic is to go by story telling and not resume fighting cena means little compared to fighting the guy who just lost the belt

"The guy who lost a number one contender match" is John Cena, the face of the company...the only guy who is allowed to hop between brands

Orton lost his title months ago...he didn't "just" lose it

In storyline AND in resume, Cena is ranked higher than Orton

You don't even know what argument you're trying to make anymore

Does Big Show have a higher ranking than Braun since resume is the defining factor?

"The guy who lost a number one contender match" is John Cena, the face of the company...the only guy who is allowed to hop between brands

Orton lost his title months ago...he didn't "just" lose it

In storyline AND in resume, Cena is ranked higher than Orton

You don't even know what argument you're trying to make anymore

Does Big Show have a higher ranking than Braun since resume is the defining factor?
orton lost to the guy, who defended the title against someone other than orton for the first time sunday, so in storyline orton is ranked higher because it's only been one champion since him, and cena lost his number one shot.... and nobody said resume is the defining factor, but it doesn't get discredited because you don't like the newest booking

nobody cares about enzo, because he had one match since he broke up, and he's said the same thing for a month now...... however i used to appreciate his character, until it came out he thinks he's bigger than wwe, i wouldn't believe that if it wasn't for reigns kicking him off the bus
He is doing what he is supposed to do.

They gave him the character, he is supposed to play it.

WWE is just petty and soft

IMG_3402.PNG
IMG_3402.PNG
IMG_3402.PNG
CM Punk's "Best in the World" mantra refers to him being the best professional wrestler in the world. not the best MMA fighter, the best boxer, the best Formula 1 driver...the best pro wrestler.

I brought up James Toney as a combat sports parallel because he was a triple champion in his sport, but was woefully overwhelmed in the Octagon. this does not take away from him being a great fighter in his pursuit, and therefore he retains the spoils of credibility.

Michael Jordan is "The Greatest of All Time" as a basketball player, but that other childhood dream didn't work out either. it doesn't detract from his legacy as a basketball player.

you only violate the integrity of your character when you claim to be the best at what you do, and then demonstrably stop being anywhere near the best at it.

on the other hand, if your character is centered around just showing up and giving it everything, people will be encouraged if you only do that and ecstatic if you win doing it.

that is the difference between prideful and hopeful characters, and why prideful characters are so damaged by repeated losses.

oh okay, I got it...check this out, I'll keep it strictly in the squared circle:

Shawn Michaels is "Mr. Wrestlemania" even though he lost more often than he won at the event. he didn't earn the name because he always won at WM, but because he always put out his absolute best effort and the fans appreciated it.

The Rock lost more matches than any ace I can remember seeing, but all he promised was to electrify the fans with his cooking and ****. he never said he was unbeaten or unbeatable, just that you were going up against the Brahma Bull and you better be ready.

on the other end of the scale is Goldberg, whose whole thing was that it literally takes a cattle prod to pin him. you cannot establish that reputation without mowing some mother****ers down first. Goldberg on a losing streak is an actual parody of itself.

The Streak was what is was because Undertaker was an unstoppable force of nature who was unbeatable enough any other time of year, but who had his dark potential fully unleashed every spring around the same time, and so it was A Big Thing when he finally lost and people kinda stopped caring after that.

some characters just can't rack up that many L's.

I agree with that, rulebreaking wrestlers need not be bad people.

Kevin Owens is a ****, but he's a family man who probably likes kids when he's not all riled up.

Braun Strowman is only interested in competition, and beating up women and children will not provide it.

Dean Ambrose probably finds the unspoiled nature of youth refreshing.

nobody straight up eats babies, that's faker than anything else.

the same way it's funny when a dude shows up in a full NBA authentic set and a fresh pair of lime green Air Flight Super Danger Force 2017s before proceeding to get ran off the blacktop, it's unseemly af when a guy shows up in a tank to get pinned or chokes a man with a chain in a submission hold to no effect.

his whole thing is Rusev hit, Rusev crush, but if Rusev don't win then it looks bad.

on the other hand somebody like Ambrose can absorb a few L's and still come out looking okay, because you know he's gonna slug a 5th of Seagram's gin and come back fighting tomorrow. he openly acknowledges he won't win every fight and goes in swinging anyway.

this is gonna hurt my heart, but back to Bray Wyatt. everybody thought his lyrical prowess was cool when he was leading an unstoppable cult, now he's viewed as that rambling loser every city has that hands out weird flyers near a trashcan filled with weird flyers.

you know why? because he talks **** then gets beat up.

to make an extreme version of my point, Enzo Amore came out and cut a hip-hop soliloquy about how he was an indomitable Jersey survivor before having another man come out and defend his honor. nobody can respect that, and no one did.
IMG_3402.PNG
IMG_3402.PNG
IMG_3402.PNG

He is doing what he is supposed to do.

They gave him the character, he is supposed to play it.

WWE is just petty and soft
naw you can tell them, hey I just did a 5 minute monolog 2 weeks in a row, i'm going to do one at SS, I don't need another one tonight to hide the fact I can't wrestle

I feel like toneagain is the dude who used to ride extra hard for Sheamus
don't feel anything, all you have to do is ask...... at least im consistent, you guys don't mind kayfabe being broken, but you can't buy rusev being dominant because of the script he is in...... *****?

rusev did hit and rusev did crush, he was one up on orton, not to mention he jumped orton before the match, then out of nowhere he lost to the guy who can beat you out of nowhere.......

we're agreeing again, bruddah.

just like it made the genius Damien Sandow look like the "genius" Wile E. Coyote when he, after strategically planning for months, did everything but throw a grenade at Cena before his cash-in then lost, it makes you look like a dummy when you're the baddest ************ on the world about to crush the viper's head like a pathetic worm then get zapped with a Randy Knock Out within 30 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom