Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

what is your point so I can't explain my opposition, I've already explained in wrestling is different, people want cm punk back after he lost, although he is BITW

CM Punk's "Best in the World" mantra refers to him being the best professional wrestler in the world. not the best MMA fighter, the best boxer, the best Formula 1 driver...the best pro wrestler.

I brought up James Toney as a combat sports parallel because he was a triple champion in his sport, but was woefully overwhelmed in the Octagon. this does not take away from him being a great fighter in his pursuit, and therefore he retains the spoils of credibility.

Michael Jordan is "The Greatest of All Time" as a basketball player, but that other childhood dream didn't work out either. it doesn't detract from his legacy as a basketball player.

you only violate the integrity of your character when you claim to be the best at what you do, and then demonstrably stop being anywhere near the best at it.

on the other hand, if your character is centered around just showing up and giving it everything, people will be encouraged if you only do that and ecstatic if you win doing it.

that is the difference between prideful and hopeful characters, and why prideful characters are so damaged by repeated losses.

I believe the toothpaste can be put back into the tube.

I don't expect people to believe it is REAL, but I just don't see the need for performers to throw it being fake IN MY FACE.

Like you said, taking pics at Disney world with damn Strongman. Man, FOR WHAT? Who gives a damn that a "pro athlete" is at Disney World? We know you have money Roman, so what if you are able to be there. NOBODY CARES.

Certain folks shouldn't have Social Media. Brock does it right. He rarely posts and you know someone runs his account.

All of this interacting with fans, man cut it out. Fans think they are on athletes' levels now, no longer are athletes something to look UP to.

So in other words, DNA Drew,

You are calling yourself TranS-Japanese?

1*wfkFzSvXq2Au9cXE3-3e2A.png

oh okay, I got it...check this out, I'll keep it strictly in the squared circle:

Shawn Michaels is "Mr. Wrestlemania" even though he lost more often than he won at the event. he didn't earn the name because he always won at WM, but because he always put out his absolute best effort and the fans appreciated it.

The Rock lost more matches than any ace I can remember seeing, but all he promised was to electrify the fans with his cooking and ****. he never said he was unbeaten or unbeatable, just that you were going up against the Brahma Bull and you better be ready.

on the other end of the scale is Goldberg, whose whole thing was that it literally takes a cattle prod to pin him. you cannot establish that reputation without mowing some ************* down first. Goldberg on a losing streak is an actual parody of itself.

The Streak was what is was because Undertaker was an unstoppable force of nature who was unbeatable enough any other time of year, but who had his dark potential fully unleashed every spring around the same time, and so it was A Big Thing when he finally lost and people kinda stopped caring after that.

some characters just can't rack up that many L's.

drewdioxin2345 drewdioxin2345

At the library killing time. There is this older lady that was struggling to enter her GMAIL account. It had been 20 mins before she got in. When she logged in, "God is Good. Thankyou Jesus." ~ Hahahaha . I love the things people think God has his hand in

"Let me check my SENT mail. That means that is something someone already SENT me right."

I don't mean to laugh at this woman but I love old people and TECH man.

I believe the toothpaste can be put back into the tube.

I don't expect people to believe it is REAL, but I just don't see the need for performers to throw it being fake IN MY FACE.

Like you said, taking pics at Disney world with damn Strongman. Man, FOR WHAT? Who gives a damn that a "pro athlete" is at Disney World? We know you have money Roman, so what if you are able to be there. NOBODY CARES.

Certain folks shouldn't have Social Media. Brock does it right. He rarely posts and you know someone runs his account.

All of this interacting with fans, man cut it out. Fans think they are on athletes' levels now, no longer are athletes something to look UP to.
Or be like Dean Ambrose and have no social media at all

Or be like Dean Ambrose and have no social media at all

depends strongly on the individual...Ambrose would probably be banned from Twitter and make government watchlists along the way, but I would expect to see somebody like Dolph Ziggler taking a bunch of pictures of himself, Miz out in Hollywood walking around, or New Day doing something I would have to click the X on immediately.

it's all about selling the character if you're going to do it right. that's why it's best to keep it close to home...Stone Cold is actually a beer swilling Texas redneck and Triple H is legitimately an intelligent, insightful, and opportunistic individual.

depends strongly on the individual...Ambrose would probably be banned from Twitter and make government watchlists along the way, but I would expect to see somebody like Dolph Ziggler taking a bunch of pictures of himself, Miz out in Hollywood walking around, or New Day doing something I would have to click the X on immediately.

it's all about selling the character if you're going to do it right. that's why it's best to keep it close to home...Stone Cold is actually a beer swilling Texas redneck and Triple H is legitimately an intelligent, insightful, and opportunistic individual.
I agree. It depends on who it is.

Undertaker
Bray
Koncessions Kane

All should be allergic to TECH

I think we all care to a degree. Some care more than others.

You might just care to a very small degree.

But I just can't comprehend why anyone would PREFER Kayfabe not existing.

I care while the shows are going on

Once I turn the TV off, it's up to me if I want to kill kayfabe by seeking out wrestlers on social media

Also, a lot of the hardcore kayfabe proponents really lose me when they start acting like heels shouldn't be doing Make-A-Wish stuff or charity stuff

As if their perception of fake wrestling is more important than a wrestler doing something good in the real world

Again, it depends on the TYPE of heel.

Every heel thinks he is doing right by someone.

Big Kane is a demon right, I don't think he should ever be at St. Jude's. Same with Taker and Bray.

Now a heel like Ambrose could (is he a heel), he is just crazy.

So it depends

I agree with that, rulebreaking wrestlers need not be bad people.

Kevin Owens is a ****, but he's a family man who probably likes kids when he's not all riled up.

Braun Strowman is only interested in competition, and beating up women and children will not provide it.

Dean Ambrose probably finds the unspoiled nature of youth refreshing.

nobody straight up eats babies, that's faker than anything else.

oh okay, I got it...check this out, I'll keep it strictly in the squared circle:

Shawn Michaels is "Mr. Wrestlemania" even though he lost more often than he won at the event. he didn't earn the name because he always won at WM, but because he always put out his absolute best effort and the fans appreciated it.

The Rock lost more matches than any ace I can remember seeing, but all he promised was to electrify the fans with his cooking and ****. he never said he was unbeaten or unbeatable, just that you were going up against the Brahma Bull and you better be ready.

on the other end of the scale is Goldberg, whose whole thing was that it literally takes a cattle prod to pin him. you cannot establish that reputation without mowing some mother****ers down first. Goldberg on a losing streak is an actual parody of itself.

The Streak was what is was because Undertaker was an unstoppable force of nature who was unbeatable enough any other time of year, but who had his dark potential fully unleashed every spring around the same time, and so it was A Big Thing when he finally lost and people kinda stopped caring after that.

some characters just can't rack up that many L's.
ok, I disagree because I think it matters who you take l's against, y'all are talking about his moniker of the bulgarian brut, how does that equate to unstoppable bad ***, then he fought the guy who can finish you out of nowhere, and wouldn't you know he got finished out of nowhere.....

Big Kane is a demon right, I don't think he should ever be at St. Jude's. Same with Taker and Bray.

So it depends
you're taking that too far, anyone should be able to visit children, especially in a hospital

So it depends

Bray doing a Make-A-Wish is no more damaging to kayfabe than his ability to teleport or conjure lightning

That is me if I had Re-Vitiligo like Uncle Ruckus.

drewdioxin2345 drewdioxin2345

At the library killing time. There is this older lady that was struggling to enter her GMAIL account. It had been 20 mins before she got in. When she logged in, "God is Good. Thankyou Jesus." ~ Hahahaha . I love the things people think God has his hand in

I look it as, whatever helps them get through, but I do find it questionable at times when a higher power is always responsible for good but not bad. I mean, if we were made in this being's image, would we not be just as equally "good" and "bad" relative to a basic, general definition of what these words might mean?

I believe in energies and the people who choose to utilize those energies for greater, more positive purposes. I have my chosen deities that I have altars to in my home, but I wouldn't say I acknowledge the at all times when I find a quarter on the ground or snag some number. That is what Based God is for.

I just want wrestlers to be a. entertaining b. badass or c. both. I really don't know what people expect sometimes with characters. Wrestling is supposed to be simple and fun. The people that want Game of Thrones like stories and stuff are crazy, and I don't even watch GoT

Nonsense

Corbin had the MITB briefcase and was in a program with the face of the company

Rusev was just a body for Orton to pin
corbin was fighting the guy that lost a numbers one contenders match, rusev was fighting the guy who just lost his belt, so if your logic is to go by story telling and not resume fighting cena means little compared to fighting the guy who just lost the belt

If visiting kids in the hospital was the only way to be a good human, I would agree with you. But I just don't see how that helps his character.
well because in this juncture i'm not worried about his character in screen, i appreciate the fact he can bring joy to a lil kid

Back
Top Bottom