WWE Elimination Chamber PPV 2/20 - Raw & Smkdwn Elimination Chamber Matches | Miz vs Lawler (p42)

Just got in from work. Drinking a GG, missing JR, and pissed I didn't see SwagRio's match.

Looking foward to a froot PPV
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

A horribly put together match in my opinion.  Yes, Del Rio got the win with the cross arm breaker in the middle of the ring, but he sold about 80% of the match.  He should have gone over in a squash.

With that said, it was still a pretty good wrestling match.
Yeah but as much as we complain about the title belts meaning less and less...wouldn't have been a good look to squash the IC Champion. The match was booked fine. Swagberto makes Kofi tap out middle of the ring.

Here comes Teddy...
nerd.gif

EDIT:

Good call 4dub.

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

A horribly put together match in my opinion.  Yes, Del Rio got the win with the cross arm breaker in the middle of the ring, but he sold about 80% of the match.  He should have gone over in a squash.

But with that logic, Miz should've squashed Bryan Daniel on Raw. Now of course they've never built Miz as a great wrestler or a threat like Del Rio, but you can't squash a Champion unless you're winning the belt. I know they haven't put much stock in the secondary belts, but they kept Kofi strong since they weren't taking the belt off him.

If they never squashed lesser champions, I would agree with your logic, but they've done it before.  When's the last time Bryan even defended the title?  I wouldn't be surprised in the least if neither the Intercontinental or United States championships were defended at WrestleMania.  There was no upside to protecting Kofi here in my opinion.

But with that logic, Miz should've squashed Bryan Daniel on Raw. Now of course they've never built Miz as a great wrestler or a threat like Del Rio, but you can't squash a Champion unless you're winning the belt. I know they haven't put much stock in the secondary belts, but they kept Kofi strong since they weren't taking the belt off him.

If they never squashed lesser champions, I would agree with your logic, but they've done it before.  When's the last time Bryan even defended the title?  I wouldn't be surprised in the least if neither the Intercontinental or United States championships were defended at WrestleMania.  There was no upside to protecting Kofi here in my opinion.

Yeah but as much as we complain about the title belts meaning less and less...wouldn't have been a good look to squash the IC Champion. The match was booked fine. Swagberto makes Kofi tap out middle of the ring.

Here comes Teddy...
nerd.gif

EDIT:

Good call 4dub.

Which shows you they booked themselves in to a corner by starting the Kofi/Del Rio feud and not prolonging Mysterio/Del Rio until now.

Which shows you they booked themselves in to a corner by starting the Kofi/Del Rio feud and not prolonging Mysterio/Del Rio until now.

Edge and Mysterio starting things off.

A lot of back and forth action with a little bit of the chamber coming into play.  Mostly just passed the first five minutes.  Wade Barrett is the third to enter.  Thankfully they are keeping Kane and Show to a minimum.

Edge and Mysterio starting things off.

A lot of back and forth action with a little bit of the chamber coming into play.  Mostly just passed the first five minutes.  Wade Barrett is the third to enter.  Thankfully they are keeping Kane and Show to a minimum.

Back
Top Bottom