X-Men:First Class Thread (First leaked Pic)

saw this yesterday. I have my gripes with the story being a comic book nerd but overall it was a hell of a lot better then I was ever gonna give it credit for.

Towards the end Fassbender's accent did come through in his speech to the rest of the mutants, so he is correct but the end was awesome with him in the OG colors scheme.

The cameos were pretty cool too.

saw it and ill have to say, best x-men movie imo. i wasnt too happy about the mutants being used but ended up taking a liking to it, and i got a newfound respect for professor x. and so im guessing this is an alternate universe meaning emma frost from this movie(1960) is totally not related to the young emma frost that appears in wolverine origins which occured in the 1970s right?

saw it and ill have to say, best x-men movie imo. i wasnt too happy about the mutants being used but ended up taking a liking to it, and i got a newfound respect for professor x. and so im guessing this is an alternate universe meaning emma frost from this movie(1960) is totally not related to the young emma frost that appears in wolverine origins which occured in the 1970s right?

is it me or did they not use that much blood? when magneto stabbed dudes hand on the table there was no blood even after he stabbed it again. besides the shaq scene i didnt see much blood

is it me or did they not use that much blood? when magneto stabbed dudes hand on the table there was no blood even after he stabbed it again. besides the shaq scene i didnt see much blood

Caught this flick today. (Finally)

It was great. Prof X. bar swag
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Alex summers isnt older that cylops ( scott summers ) right??

Right. He is the Middle Child. Cyclops, then Havok, then Vulcan.

Originally Posted by aFamous

then why didnt they include Cyclops in the movie
nerd.gif
unless they holding him for later. And this movie has NO connections to the prior xmen films as well?

Originally Posted by aFamous

then why didnt they include Cyclops in the movie
nerd.gif
unless they holding him for later. And this movie has NO connections to the prior xmen films as well?

SMH @ me for not recognizing Magneto from the trailers..

from my fav movie of 2009:
Spoiler [+]
michael-fassbender09-8-101.jpg

Spoiler [+]

Its funny as hell how the opinions suddenly changed about the movie. Dudes went from going HAM on how the movie is gonna suck and everything to giving it standing ovations word to jeezy.

Its funny as hell how the opinions suddenly changed about the movie. Dudes went from going HAM on how the movie is gonna suck and everything to giving it standing ovations word to jeezy.

Originally Posted by TiDE619

Spoiler [+]

Didn't recognize him at first either until I came into this thread 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TiDE619

Spoiler [+]

Didn't recognize him at first either until I came into this thread 
laugh.gif

Saw it last night...still working out how I felt about it. Magneto from Basterds killed it, like everyone said he would.

It's in this weird place where...the director did such a great job, you couldn't tell they made him rush the hell out of the movie...but it's so damn rough around the edges, with the music at times, the writing and just the cg and direction sometimes. Made me cringe. It reminds me of Star Trek. 

Things I loved about it

Spoiler [+]
-Magneto vs. the cruiseliner
-Magneto in Argentina in that Inglorious Basterds/Kill Bill 2 bar scene
-Shaw and Azazel attacking the CIA
-What Shaw did to Darwin
eek.gif

-"Now go get me some ice."
-Emma Frost faking it with that general
laugh.gif

-Rose Byrne in lingerie
devil.gif

-Rebecca Romijn
eek.gif
smokin.gif
... even if she is startin to look like Stifler's mom
-The submarine (reactor room, all of it)
-The coin (hearing the same speech Shaw gave him. Knowing that he was giving Prof X an ultimatum, free this monster or let him die.
eek.gif
smokin.gif
)
-Jennifer Lawrence J's
devil.gif

-Magneto and Prof. X bromance. I ain't mad. (breaking Emma out to 'fill the void in his life')
laugh.gif

-When young Holocaust-y Magneto is wreckin Shaw's Nazi slaughterhouse and he's just screamin...at the end he's like ".......ein!" And all I could think was...Nein is "no" in German...that's the same damn scene as Revenge of the Sith. Director got jokes.
laugh.gif

-Wolverine, "Go +%%$ yourselves."

Things I didn't

-Darwin
tired.gif
...this movie is a metaphor about the mistreatment of minorities...and all it does is mistreat it's minorities and women.
indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif

-"...be enslaved." *Cut to only black mutant* *Hear audience groan* ...Director got jokes.
30t6p3b.gif

-Angel was stupid in as many ways as possible

-Mystique, "Mutant and proud." 
laugh.gif

-Jennifer Lawrence...I think her character will be better later, but I REALLY wish they would've casted her as Emma Frost

-January Jones. I hate you. Get out of any movie I ever want to watch again. You're bad in the bad way.
eyes.gif

-Angel vs. Banshee was worse than Iceman vs. Pyro or Deadpool vs. Wolverine
30t6p3b.gif

-Shaw still shaking when he should be frozen
nerd.gif
Even Heroes could do that right.
30t6p3b.gif

-Getting their nicknames....ehhhhhh
-Picking sides?.....ehhhhhhhhhh

-Thinking about what Vaughn could've made if this movie came out in August or November

-X3: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, letting either one exist

It kinda didn't make sense to me, how Erik put on the helmet...like I get where it came from, but not the jump from 'I was in the Holocaust'...to 'I might as well start one of my own.' Isn't he just wearing that gold Nazi coin on his head now? Taking orders from the rage inside of him and not letting that 'serene' voice in (Xavier)?

That just semantics. This movie isn't as smooth and seamless as X2, but it reminded me of Watchmen with more heart and real action. Watchmen is a better made movie, but this has everything Watchmen was missing badly. It looked and felt like a comic book. You saw it when they went to panels, a lot of their framing, that shot when Emma blocked Xavier's power. It felt like the perfect blend of what Ang Lee and 1st Hulk thought it was doing and what doesn't look completely ******ed in movies.

A part of me still thinks X2 was better, because...cmon...Wolverine, Cyclops, Pyro, Iceman, that Nightcrawler opening, Mystique in full effect, Magneto breaking out, Wolverine. That's not fair.
laugh.gif
But I do think, the next one could be better. All this needed was some polish on that script and a little more work on the cg, and it'd be the best comic movie I've seen. A year is the shortest time a movie like this could get made, but that's how long they had for this, so I'd be really hyped for another one in a couple.

I just hope they shatter Emma Frost in the opening credits.

Saw it last night...still working out how I felt about it. Magneto from Basterds killed it, like everyone said he would.

It's in this weird place where...the director did such a great job, you couldn't tell they made him rush the hell out of the movie...but it's so damn rough around the edges, with the music at times, the writing and just the cg and direction sometimes. Made me cringe. It reminds me of Star Trek. 

Things I loved about it

Spoiler [+]
-Magneto vs. the cruiseliner
-Magneto in Argentina in that Inglorious Basterds/Kill Bill 2 bar scene
-Shaw and Azazel attacking the CIA
-What Shaw did to Darwin
eek.gif

-"Now go get me some ice."
-Emma Frost faking it with that general
laugh.gif

-Rose Byrne in lingerie
devil.gif

-Rebecca Romijn
eek.gif
smokin.gif
... even if she is startin to look like Stifler's mom
-The submarine (reactor room, all of it)
-The coin (hearing the same speech Shaw gave him. Knowing that he was giving Prof X an ultimatum, free this monster or let him die.
eek.gif
smokin.gif
)
-Jennifer Lawrence J's
devil.gif

-Magneto and Prof. X bromance. I ain't mad. (breaking Emma out to 'fill the void in his life')
laugh.gif

-When young Holocaust-y Magneto is wreckin Shaw's Nazi slaughterhouse and he's just screamin...at the end he's like ".......ein!" And all I could think was...Nein is "no" in German...that's the same damn scene as Revenge of the Sith. Director got jokes.
laugh.gif

-Wolverine, "Go +%%$ yourselves."

Things I didn't

-Darwin
tired.gif
...this movie is a metaphor about the mistreatment of minorities...and all it does is mistreat it's minorities and women.
indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif

-"...be enslaved." *Cut to only black mutant* *Hear audience groan* ...Director got jokes.
30t6p3b.gif

-Angel was stupid in as many ways as possible

-Mystique, "Mutant and proud." 
laugh.gif

-Jennifer Lawrence...I think her character will be better later, but I REALLY wish they would've casted her as Emma Frost

-January Jones. I hate you. Get out of any movie I ever want to watch again. You're bad in the bad way.
eyes.gif

-Angel vs. Banshee was worse than Iceman vs. Pyro or Deadpool vs. Wolverine
30t6p3b.gif

-Shaw still shaking when he should be frozen
nerd.gif
Even Heroes could do that right.
30t6p3b.gif

-Getting their nicknames....ehhhhhh
-Picking sides?.....ehhhhhhhhhh

-Thinking about what Vaughn could've made if this movie came out in August or November

-X3: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, letting either one exist

It kinda didn't make sense to me, how Erik put on the helmet...like I get where it came from, but not the jump from 'I was in the Holocaust'...to 'I might as well start one of my own.' Isn't he just wearing that gold Nazi coin on his head now? Taking orders from the rage inside of him and not letting that 'serene' voice in (Xavier)?

That just semantics. This movie isn't as smooth and seamless as X2, but it reminded me of Watchmen with more heart and real action. Watchmen is a better made movie, but this has everything Watchmen was missing badly. It looked and felt like a comic book. You saw it when they went to panels, a lot of their framing, that shot when Emma blocked Xavier's power. It felt like the perfect blend of what Ang Lee and 1st Hulk thought it was doing and what doesn't look completely ******ed in movies.

A part of me still thinks X2 was better, because...cmon...Wolverine, Cyclops, Pyro, Iceman, that Nightcrawler opening, Mystique in full effect, Magneto breaking out, Wolverine. That's not fair.
laugh.gif
But I do think, the next one could be better. All this needed was some polish on that script and a little more work on the cg, and it'd be the best comic movie I've seen. A year is the shortest time a movie like this could get made, but that's how long they had for this, so I'd be really hyped for another one in a couple.

I just hope they shatter Emma Frost in the opening credits.

Back
Top Bottom