Xbox 360 Thread: Forza 4! Arkham City! X-Men (XBLA) Dec 15!

Originally Posted by xblaze23

that link I posted up was for $19.99. Any word on when they plan to do that? am a proud owner of Forza 3.

it was going to release a week before the planned GT5 date.

[h1]Xbox Germany Says New 360 Update Supports 1000 Friends[/h1]
Posted on October 14, 2010 by Dac

According to Xbox DE on Facebook, Microsoft is preparing a new Xbox 360 update which bumps the number of allowed Xbox Live friends from 100 to a whooping 1000.

Xbox DE writes via Facebook:
Eine von vielen langjährigen Xbox LIVE Usern gewünschte Änderung war das Limit der 100 Freunde. Mit dem Update könnt ihr jetzt bis zu 1.000 Freunde eurer Freundesliste hinzufügen. Wie viele Freunde habt ihr? Nicht genug? Dann sucht euch neue über den Freunde-Finder-Reiter!

Which roughly translates to:
A lot of long-term changes were desired by Xbox LIVE users considering the limit of 100 friends. With the [new] update, you can now have up to 1,000 friends of your friends list. How many friends do you have? Not enough? Then look for new friends on the Finder tab!

We’re hoping Xbox Germany is spot-on with this one. Of course, the idea of having the notification bar pop up every few seconds is a little discouraging.

No need for more than 100... OD if you ask me.

[h2]http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/14/halo-reach-noble-map-pack/[/h2]
[h2]Halo: Reach Noble Map Pack coming Nov. 30 [/h2]
by Justin McElroy (5 hours ago)

True story: Just yesterday we were saying, "Huh, not as many people seem to be talking about Halo: Reach lately." Then, this morning we wake up to find that Bungie will be stoking the flames on November 30 with the downloadable Noble Map Pack. Get out of our heads, creeps!

Ten bucks gets you access to three new environments. The first is Tempest (pictured), an abandoned shoreline facility featuring two symmetrical bases for 8 – 16 player fights. Anchor 9, an orbital dry-dock controlled by the UNSC, is a more intimate 2-8 player affair. Finally, there's Breakpoint, a series of frozen, modular archaeological labs for 8-16 players fracases. Oh, and there are 250 more Achievement points to be had, which we know is all you really care about. Monster.

If that's still not enough new Halo, Bungie's challenging fans to make some of their own with the "Forgetacular Map Design Contest," the full details of which are right here. We'd love to participate, but we'll be too busy making foil hats to protect our precious thought waves.
pimp.gif

quick question,

I just picked up a 4GIG xbox 360 slim. On the box it says it comes with a 1 month xbox live gold membership. Is there supposed to be a code somewhere in the box? Because right now i am currently still a silver member.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by piczon1983

quick question,

I just picked up a 4GIG xbox 360 slim. On the box it says it comes with a 1 month xbox live gold membership. Is there supposed to be a code somewhere in the box? Because right now i am currently still a silver member.
nerd.gif
One month free for new members.

Originally Posted by Hollywood James 6

Originally Posted by piczon1983

quick question,

nerd.gif
One month free for new members.
dammit. thanks bruh

Originally Posted by Hollywood James 6

No need for more than 100... OD if you ask me.

[h2]http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/14/halo-reach-noble-map-pack/[/h2]
[h2]Halo: Reach Noble Map Pack coming Nov. 30 [/h2]
by Justin McElroy (5 hours ago)

True story: Just yesterday we were saying, "Huh, not as many people seem to be talking about Halo: Reach lately." Then, this morning we wake up to find that Bungie will be stoking the flames on November 30 with the downloadable Noble Map Pack. Get out of our heads, creeps!

Ten bucks gets you access to three new environments. The first is Tempest (pictured), an abandoned shoreline facility featuring two symmetrical bases for 8 – 16 player fights. Anchor 9, an orbital dry-dock controlled by the UNSC, is a more intimate 2-8 player affair. Finally, there's Breakpoint, a series of frozen, modular archaeological labs for 8-16 players fracases. Oh, and there are 250 more Achievement points to be had, which we know is all you really care about. Monster.

If that's still not enough new Halo, Bungie's challenging fans to make some of their own with the "Forgetacular Map Design Contest," the full details of which are right here. We'd love to participate, but we'll be too busy making foil hats to protect our precious thought waves.
pimp.gif

3 maps for 10 bucks. 3 maps. THREE MAPS?

Go fk yourself bungie.

Three Maps? I LOVE Halo but c'mon son. I had a great time with the Mythic map pack for Halo 3 but I couldn't help but feel violated after I paid $10 for those three maps.

[h2]http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/15/xbox-holiday-bundle-with-forza-3-downloadable-alan-wake-headed/[/h2]
Holiday Bundles are announced!

[h2]http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/15/xbox-holiday-bundle-with-forza-3-downloadable-alan-wake-headed/[/h2]
[h2]Xbox holiday bundle with Forza 3, downloadable Alan Wake headed to multiple territories [/h2]
by Richard Mitchell (5 hours ago)

Just in case you were worried that there weren't quite enough Xbox 360 bundles to choose from, it looks like Microsoft has another one headed down the pike. The bundle in question includes a 250GB Xbox 360 S console as well as Alan Wake and the eternal pack-in, Forza Motorsport 3. The image above -- pulled directly from one of Microsoft's retailer resource services -- is denoted as a Canadian bundle.

Siliconera also reports that the bundle has been announced for South Korea at a price of 398,000 won ($356). A tipster has informed Kotaku that the bundle is available in Europe as well, retailing for €250 ($348). We've contacted Microsoft to find out if the bundle is coming stateside as well.

One intriguing note about the bundle: It doesn't actually include a physical copy of Alan Wake, instead offering a code to download the game in its entirety (see a close-up image in the gallery below). While it's likely to be a Games on Demand title in the near future, it's also worth noting that Remedy has expressed interest in releasing the game in downloadable episodes, a la Fable 2.

[h1]http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/15/xbox-360-4gb-bundle-deal-featured-on-microsoft-store/[/h1]
[h1]Xbox 360 4GB bundle deal featured on Microsoft Store[/h1]
by Richard Mitchell on Oct 15th 2010 12:30PM

The Microsoft Store has launched a decent deal on an Xbox 360 S 4GB bundle. For $250, the bundle includes the 4GB system, two wireless controllers, a year of Xbox Live Gold and 4000 Microsoft Points (a.k.a. $50 worth of Xbox bucks). All of these items purchased separately would normally cost $350, so you're technically saving $100. However, we'd be remiss not to point out that if you ever want a hard drive, it'll run you another $130.

Of course, you could stave off the inevitable with a liberal dose of flash drives, or, if you're feeling particularly adventurous, you could always mod that old Xbox hard drive.

So the new slim 360s are exactly the same as the older versions hard drive wise? you have to buy specific drives for the 360? I thought you were gonna be able to swap external drives. I was ready to use my western digital. 

Originally Posted by outbackbob24

So the new slim 360s are exactly the same as the older versions hard drive wise? you have to buy specific drives for the 360?
yea you need to buy the drive Microsoft sells 

the 360 slim drive is different from older models

Anyone tryna play some Duty? I'm staying in tonight and my friends list is kinda dry.

Add/invite me - nickthestick2st

for those who dont know, you can download jordans I, III, IV, VI, XI, XIII for you avy

heres mine

GT: JoseBronxNT99

who plays forza online?
nerd.gif
they need to add the Nissan 180sx
mad.gif

Just got a Reach bundle today.
Gamertag: upset th3 setup
Add me
laugh.gif

btw, will any rechargeable battery pack do? Any recommendations?
And is the rapid fire mod worth it?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom