Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
Own a pair of Polk Melees as well.  Great value purchase all around, even want to buy a 2nd one for strictly music listening purposes.

TBH, I use it more for that already than actual Xbox Live chat.

Time for my semi annual rant about wasting hundreds on inferior products.

Slickdeals.net has the hd600s and 650s starting at 235. Jus buy them and boom pro mic and call it a career. They'll last forever and out perform just about anything until you spend 500 plus

Thank me later. Read up on head fi.org if you need data points

Time for my semi annual rant about wasting hundreds on inferior products.

Slickdeals.net has the hd600s and 650s starting at 235. Jus buy them and boom pro mic and call it a career. They'll last forever and out perform just about anything until you spend 500 plus

Thank me later. Read up on head fi.org if you need data points

Slickdeals.net sounds like your version of Cankicks or AirRandy.

Do they also sell them on BeztSales4Cheap.com too?

How dare I spend $200 on a headset that makes the sound experience incredibly immersive.

I'm such fool

I should spend my time posting a 10 page thesis on why Microsoft should make 343 revert to an old way of developing FPS games

I should spend my time posting statistic after statistic and edge case after edge case on why MCC is sooooooooo terrible but play it for 47362627282837373 hours

I'm the fool :rofl:

Don't like sprint but you'll sprint in & pretend Astros are the devil :lol:

Oh wait, Anti was serious with his statement?

I honestly thought he was trolling. :rofl:

We really got dudes hating on quality headsets, period? :rofl:

The headset makes the experience imo the headset in box doesn't give the proper gaming atmosphere also as mentioned having people around you in the crib when I was single living alone a crappy headset works with a decent surround sound but now I need to tune my girl out lol

This, this, and allllllllll of this.

There is a lot of foolish Nters in here i see

ALIGN YOURSELF, XXPIZZO.

Which house do you pledge your allegiance to?

House Astro Beach Polk, who believes that a quality headset defines the gaming experience and investing in a headset is worthy of one's silver?

Or

House Sodium, who believes that spending over $60 on a headset is outrageous and offends both the old gods and the new?

LET IT BE KNOWN

There is a lot of foolish Nters in here i see
ALIGN YOURSELF, XXPIZZO.

Which house do you pledge your allegiance to?

House Astro Beach Polk, who believes that a quality headset defines the gaming experience and investing in a headset is worthy of one's silver?

Or

House Sodium, who believes that spending over $60 on a headset is outrageous and offends both the old gods and the new?

LET IT BE KNOWN
i use A40s wit M80 mixamp 
smokin.gif

so im with yall on spending for quality headsets. We outchea

chilling in my crib with headsets blasting as if im in a tourney with no dambs

Last edited:
Team Astro :pimp:

I have 2 pairs

This pair is one I have at my office. Gets anywhere between 3-8 hours of use a day 5 days a week. 2013 pair... Low quality what? :lol:

View media item 2144241
Then I have a 2014 pair at my setup which I use both for gaming and for work.

I'm currently looking at copping audio technicas but im sure those are low qual too :lol:

I see what Jewsee is trying to say though.

Sort of like how Beats headphones have their price tag because of the name but not necessarily the sound quality. Not that Beats quality is trash, just that you can get better quality at a similar price point from a different brand.

Same thing with gaming headsets. While their sound quality is good, you're paying a premium for the "Astro" name. You can cop some Sennheisers which will give you better sound quality at a similar price.

I (and many others) can definitely vouch for Sennheiser's sound quality. They're a huge player in the audiophile market. They're the only headphones I've owned for music listening for the past 5+ years and they're awesome.

BUT

To the guys saying that you shouldn't be spending X amount of dollars on ANY headphones, regardless of brand, I can't get behind that. I can't stand it when people tell other people how to spend their money.

Last edited:

Sort of like how Beats headphones have their price tag because of the name but not necessarily the sound quality. Not that Beats quality is trash, just that you can get better quality at a similar price point from a different brand.

Same thing with gaming headsets. While their sound quality is good, you're paying a premium for the "Astro" name. You can cop some Sennheisers which will give you better sound quality at a similar price.

I (and many others) can definitely vouch for Sennheiser's sound quality. They're a huge player in the audiophile market. They're the only headphones I've owned for music listening for the past 5+ years and they're awesome.

BUT

To the guys saying that you shouldn't be spending X amount of dollars on ANY headphones, regardless of brand, I can't get behind that. I can't stand it when people tell other people how to spend their money.

My only issue with all of the astro hate is that there is a huge misconception of how much they cost.

The A40's alone are $150....
Amazon product ASIN B014H326ES
I've spent more than $150 on all the turtle beach headsets through my youth that are all broken and thrown away.

Even the version with a mix amp is $250. The mix amp just allows for external EQ... its OD for most people's needs. Especially now that xbox one supports 3.5mm inputs on the controller.
Amazon product ASIN B014H2T84K
It should be obvious that monitoring headphones for audiophiles that cost more than double the astros produce better sound than a headset for $150
Amazon product ASIN B00004SY4H
It doesn't make any sense to me.... of course spending more money on studio monitor headphones will get you a better product than a headset....

Last edited:
I honestly don't care how you spend your money, I just don't believe it's necessary for my needs.

BUT

My only issue with all of the astro hate is that there is a huge misconception of how much they cost.

I've spent more than $150 on all the turtle beach headsets through my youth that are all broken and thrown away.

Even the version with a mix amp is $250. The mix amp just allows for external EQ... its OD for most people's needs. Especially now that xbox one supports 3.5mm inputs on the controller.
It should be obvious that monitoring headphones for audiophiles that cost more than double the astros produce better sound than a headset for $150
It doesn't make any sense to me.... of course spending more money on studio monitor headphones will get you a better product than a headset....
^ Those A40s are pretty much the flagship model right? Aside from the wireless A50 ones? What's the difference between the regular A40 and the "TR" model?

I never knew they were only $150 :lol:. I thought they were $250+.

Amazon even has the A40s with a M80 MixAmp for $150:
Amazon product ASIN B00O9N404Q
I'm guessing maybe that's not the top notch MixAmp? Either way, still a steal.

I think I read somewhere that the XB1 version of the A40s doesn't support 7.1 surround though and that you should cop the PS4 version instead. Any truth to this? :nerd:

Oh wait, Anti was serious with his statement?

I honestly thought he was trolling. :rofl:

We really got dudes hating on quality headsets, period? :rofl:

He's said numerous times he doesn't see the sense of buying a good headset as "casual" gamers

Being we aren't in the NBA it doesn't make sense to buy an official nba ball to play in a local park logic. Play ball with a dodgeball cuz it's cheaper swag

He's said numerous times he doesn't see the sense of buying a good headset as "casual" gamers

Being we aren't in the NBA it doesn't make sense to buy an official nba ball to play in a local park logic. Play ball with a dodgeball cuz it's cheaper swag

NT logic.

BUT

^ Those A40s are pretty much the flagship model right? Aside from the wireless A50 ones? What's the difference between the regular A40 and the "TR" model?

I never knew they were only $150 :lol:. I thought they were $250+.

Amazon even has the A40s with a M80 MixAmp for $150:
Amazon product ASIN B00O9N404Q
I'm guessing maybe that's not the top notch MixAmp? Either way, still a steal.

I think I read somewhere that the XB1 version of the A40s doesn't support 7.1 surround though and that you should cop the PS4 version instead. Any truth to this? :nerd:

Nah man... I think theres just a general misconception that astros are a million dollars :lol:

IMO they're an incredibly high value consumer headset.... Nothing more nothing less.

The Astro a40 TR is just the 2016 version of the headset. They re-up it every year.

The 2016 TR version comes with more mix amp features.

To my knowledge, there are not any differences in the actual headset in the TR version.

Back
Top Bottom