XXL 2011 Freshman Midterms. how do you view their half year?

Some of those dudes have gone backwards. Only cats that have increased their buzz IMO are:

KRIT
Meek Millz
Mac Miller
Kendrick Lamar

Yelawolf just got the Shady co-sign and just dropped Daddy's Lambo video. Old song but might get some rotation. All he can do is go up from here.
Still waiting to be impressed by Cyhi but dude has gotten on some legit bangers as well as legit talent tracks.

Diggy and Lil' B at the time probably were the most anticipated acts with the most buzz on that list. They've gone down to the bottom.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Yelawolf just got the Shady co-sign and just dropped Daddy's Lambo video. Old song but might get some rotation. All he can do is go up from here.
Still waiting to be impressed by Cyhi but dude has gotten on some legit bangers as well as legit talent tracks.

they better push the hell outta that song. joint is a banger

Originally Posted by Bm0re23410

xxl-freshmen-2011-top.jpg

Only based on Music Making Ability .  [ Not Swag ! ] 

Diggy - B

YG - C+

Meek Millz - B+

Kedrick Lamar - A

Mac Miller - C

YelaWolf - A-

Fred Da GodSon - B

Twist - C-

Cyhi Da Prince - C+ [ Only heard maybe 2 or 3 songs from him . ]

how is kedrick an A, but meek a b?

Originally Posted by Bm0re23410

Only based on Music Making Ability .  [ Not Swag ! ] 

Diggy - B

YG - C+

Meek Millz - B+

Kedrick Lamar - A

Mac Miller - C

YelaWolf - A-

Fred Da GodSon - B

Twist - C-

Cyhi Da Prince - C+ [ Only heard maybe 2 or 3 songs from him . ]

how is kedrick an A, but meek a b?

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

What happened to Yelawolf's buzz

Meek Mill seizing this moment like no other and he wont let up

Mac Miller on the charts just like Meek...both of them winning

Diggy is going to be straight. They wont let him lose

K.R.I.T so far with the best tape of the year

The rest of them ___'s im too lazy to comment on...

i'm disappointed in your statement. how you in the industry but to lazy to comment on what is arguably the biggest buzz index possible?

i'm disappointed in your statement. how you in the industry but to lazy to comment on what is arguably the biggest buzz index possible?

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

Basedgod - "IM GAY" better sound pretty 
pimp.gif

YG - toot & boot is over and so is him 
laugh.gif

Diggy - More material, more visuals. 
nerd.gif

Kendrick Lamar - Drop that tape already shun 
pimp.gif

Meek Mill - #yellraps the only one to hit sound scan tho 
pimp.gif
 tupac back is a legit summer banger

yelewolf  - fading slowly on a major label. But i think he in the stu under the shady/aftermath act 
ohwell.gif

Big Krit - mixtape/album of the year contender 
pimp.gif

chyi the prince - he keep getting album credits on major artist albums, i dont get it. school me? 
eyes.gif

fred da godson - he from ny. 
roll.gif

mac miller - school me? or 
indifferent.gif

lil twist- 
wink.gif
lil twist - He has a hit with love affair with wayne. Surprised that when I went back to his catalog that he has a few tracks where he shows some potential. Not nearly as bad as I thought he would be.
Mac Miller - Haven't heard much after Best Day Ever but I'm sure the homie is touring and getting the name out that way. Donald Trump is on the rise

Fred The GodSon- ....

chyi the prince - He's better than I thought as well and his name is getting out more as well. 

Diggy - He's on the accent. His album is due soon and from the stuff I heard from him combined with his appeal, he's good money

Big Krit - Nothing more to say here other than
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Yelawolf - Havent heard from him at all since the cover

Meek Mill - His name rings more bells by the day. He's definitely on the come up no doubt. 

K Dot -  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Section80
pimp.gif

Lil B - Imo is loosing steam fast as hell. OF kind of took his gig

YG - Maybe its an LA thing, but YG is a hitmaker man. He pumps out legitimate hits and out here, his music is regularly heard all over the radios, parties, clubs, etc. The streets mess with him HEAVY. Him and Mustard really are a potent duo. 

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

Basedgod - "IM GAY" better sound pretty 
pimp.gif

YG - toot & boot is over and so is him 
laugh.gif

Diggy - More material, more visuals. 
nerd.gif

Kendrick Lamar - Drop that tape already shun 
pimp.gif

Meek Mill - #yellraps the only one to hit sound scan tho 
pimp.gif
 tupac back is a legit summer banger

yelewolf  - fading slowly on a major label. But i think he in the stu under the shady/aftermath act 
ohwell.gif

Big Krit - mixtape/album of the year contender 
pimp.gif

chyi the prince - he keep getting album credits on major artist albums, i dont get it. school me? 
eyes.gif

fred da godson - he from ny. 
roll.gif

mac miller - school me? or 
indifferent.gif

lil twist- 
wink.gif
lil twist - He has a hit with love affair with wayne. Surprised that when I went back to his catalog that he has a few tracks where he shows some potential. Not nearly as bad as I thought he would be.
Mac Miller - Haven't heard much after Best Day Ever but I'm sure the homie is touring and getting the name out that way. Donald Trump is on the rise

Fred The GodSon- ....

chyi the prince - He's better than I thought as well and his name is getting out more as well. 

Diggy - He's on the accent. His album is due soon and from the stuff I heard from him combined with his appeal, he's good money

Big Krit - Nothing more to say here other than
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Yelawolf - Havent heard from him at all since the cover

Meek Mill - His name rings more bells by the day. He's definitely on the come up no doubt. 

K Dot -  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Section80
pimp.gif

Lil B - Imo is loosing steam fast as hell. OF kind of took his gig

YG - Maybe its an LA thing, but YG is a hitmaker man. He pumps out legitimate hits and out here, his music is regularly heard all over the radios, parties, clubs, etc. The streets mess with him HEAVY. Him and Mustard really are a potent duo. 

Yea I know. Someone failed if that's not a hit on pop radio. Perfect song to introduce him to the world with. In comparison Krit's Country #$! already has 400k views in just 2 days on thet net while I believe Daddy's Lambo which came out a day prior had like 37k views. Should increase though. Not sure if that's just a GREAT look for Krit or people just slowly catching on to Daddy's Lambo.

Yea I know. Someone failed if that's not a hit on pop radio. Perfect song to introduce him to the world with. In comparison Krit's Country #$! already has 400k views in just 2 days on thet net while I believe Daddy's Lambo which came out a day prior had like 37k views. Should increase though. Not sure if that's just a GREAT look for Krit or people just slowly catching on to Daddy's Lambo.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

I was only playing fam. I was hyped when it first dropped now I'm already looking fwd/thinking about next years.

Plus everyone already said what I pretty much feel about the rest of em anyways.

Yelawolfjust got the Shady co-sign and just dropped Daddy's Lambo video. Oldsong but might get some rotation. All he can do is go up from here.

YeaI know. Someone failed if that's not a hit on pop radio. Perfect songto introduce him to the world with. In comparison Krit's Country #$!already has 400k views in just 2 days on thet net while I believeDaddy's Lambo which came out a day prior had like 37k views. Shouldincrease though. Not sure if that's just a GREAT look for Krit orpeople just slowly catching on to Daddy's Lambo.

Yep i agree with you. Damn i didnt even know Krit had that many views. That's a GREAT look for him

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

I was only playing fam. I was hyped when it first dropped now I'm already looking fwd/thinking about next years.

Plus everyone already said what I pretty much feel about the rest of em anyways.

Yelawolfjust got the Shady co-sign and just dropped Daddy's Lambo video. Oldsong but might get some rotation. All he can do is go up from here.

YeaI know. Someone failed if that's not a hit on pop radio. Perfect songto introduce him to the world with. In comparison Krit's Country #$!already has 400k views in just 2 days on thet net while I believeDaddy's Lambo which came out a day prior had like 37k views. Shouldincrease though. Not sure if that's just a GREAT look for Krit orpeople just slowly catching on to Daddy's Lambo.

Yep i agree with you. Damn i didnt even know Krit had that many views. That's a GREAT look for him

Buzzing: Mac, Yela, Meek Mill, B

Potential: Diggy, CyHi

Irrelevant: Fred da Godson, YG, Lil Twist

I'm not 100% sure how to judge Kendrick and KRIT. Obviously the best talents, but those talents won't give them exposure outside of the hip hop audience, I think. I saw Mac Miller this past Saturday and he has a rabid fan base already. It took wiz five years of steady mixtapes and buzz before he dropped a mainstream album, so we'll see. I feel like Yelawolf has the unique talent to bring him to another level, but his team seems to be making a slow push. I am genuinely interested in hearing what he brings to the table in the near future.

Meek's eating off the Maybach Music exposure right now, but I don't see it translating to a full fledged solo release. B is B, doing his thing in his own world. I don't like CyHi, but he seems to be the new GLC of the group...just popping up on records but not really doing anything significant. Diggy could make noise at some point.

Buzzing: Mac, Yela, Meek Mill, B

Potential: Diggy, CyHi

Irrelevant: Fred da Godson, YG, Lil Twist

I'm not 100% sure how to judge Kendrick and KRIT. Obviously the best talents, but those talents won't give them exposure outside of the hip hop audience, I think. I saw Mac Miller this past Saturday and he has a rabid fan base already. It took wiz five years of steady mixtapes and buzz before he dropped a mainstream album, so we'll see. I feel like Yelawolf has the unique talent to bring him to another level, but his team seems to be making a slow push. I am genuinely interested in hearing what he brings to the table in the near future.

Meek's eating off the Maybach Music exposure right now, but I don't see it translating to a full fledged solo release. B is B, doing his thing in his own world. I don't like CyHi, but he seems to be the new GLC of the group...just popping up on records but not really doing anything significant. Diggy could make noise at some point.

Back
Top Bottom