XXXTENTACION shot and killed in Broward County

Just a random observation but I’m browsing twitter and seeing countless teenagers talking about how X helped them through rough times and they were suicidal etc. and I’m just like man parents really need to talk to their kids and monitor what they are goin through. Your leaving your kids lives in the hands of a young misguided dude like this

Young people identify with these kinda folks due to changing hormones and growing up etc.

Happened with Cobain, Elliot Smith, Conor Oberst, Ian Curtis, etc etc etc and will keep happening.

It looked like he had a hole in his head.

Positioning made me think this. Maybe shot near the back of the head/upper neck/base of the spine. We only saw one side of his body, and passenger side of a vehicle is the best spot to run up.

nobody's opinion on whether an abuser deserved it or not matters except for the victims'.

anyway, i just hope she doesn't kill herself, and can find the strength (and resources) to get help.
To you the victim is only the woman, that's where you wrong. Victimizing someone doesn't have to be directly aimed but rather indirectly.

To you the victim is only the woman, that's where you wrong. Victimizing someone doesn't have to be directly aimed but rather indirectly.
victims' = plural form of victim and the apostrophe indicates ownership

however, i pluralized it to include the gay guy he beat in jail when he was a minor too, since you brought up that situation.

but you're right, i didn't consider the people that were affected indirectly.

Young people identify with these kinda folks due to changing hormones and growing up etc.

Happened with Cobain, Elliot Smith, Conor Oberst, Ian Curtis, etc etc etc and will keep happening.

yall mentioning kurt cobains name in this thread comparing him to this cat?

now youre just reaching

most young kids dont relate just go with the trend. just look at these personalities following on social media...12-14 year olds dont know anything about a person they following aside that their peers are doing it.
nowadays thats the norm

now youre just reaching

most young kids dont relate just go with the trend. just look at these personalities following on social media...12-14 year olds dont know anything about a person they following aside that their peers are doing it.
nowadays thats the norm

It was worse back in the day tho. There was no social media to know anything outside of the music and interviews. You're getting bent out of shape about the comparison because you're a fan.

now youre just reaching

nowadays thats the norm

First off Kurt Cobain and nirvana are overrated as ****.

But mans had a point nothing’s changed it’s just more in your face now cause of social media. In fact I’ll argue kids today know more about their favorite artists then they did back then.

His last album sold 130K first week with no promotion. His streaming numbers were already crazy. Any popular artist suddenly dying gets a boost of streams.

now youre just reaching

nowadays thats the norm

Not comparing talent, comparing how fan bases treat and react to them through identifying with the personalities and feeling unhappy, unfulfilled, depressed etc.

That's why I mentioned the specific people I did. All were unhappy, depressed, suicidal. Go look at the kids saying why they liked X and why.

Suicide and depression rates going up every year man. These young kids who already got these feelings are hearing music that they identify with and the following begins. It's not rocket science.

Follower mentality didn't start with this wave of musicians we have now. No doubt there's followers in there but people been drawn to these kinda musicians for real reasons. Music speaks to your soul, especially if you really feel it on that level.

I'm a huge fan of everyone I listed, and seeing the reactions over time to X is why I even said it. It's deeper than music with some of these kids.

It was worse back in the day tho. There was no social media to know anything outside of the music and interviews. You're getting bent out of shape about the comparison because you're a fan.

nah its worse cause of social media nowadays
of course i take it as slight being a fan, its downright disrespectful

First off Kurt Cobain and nirvana are overrated as ****.

But mans had a point nothing’s changed it’s just more in your face now cause of social media. In fact I’ll argue kids today know more about their favorite artists then they did back then.

nah ppl are more lost now then ever. but i def agree social media has ppl thinking they have more of a connection with someone when they really dont. and this is rampant with the youth

and as far as nirvana being overrated...cmon son.

Because his age doesn't matter and some people dont glorify bad people. And why not take the conversation further? I mean, a lot of people can agree that if you live a certain lifestyle there are consequences, so why not use it as a teaching tool?

This ain't taboo, people have difference of opinions and just because is a black 20 y/o kid doesn't excuse anything .....

If there was a 20 y/o white boy that brutally beat a black guy and then was killed unrelated to that incident, I bet the narrative would be much different than sad he was only 20.

Ya need to just be open minded and real ....
Come on fam. How much would you like to muddle the discussion with emotional variables?

I think the common theme we can agree on is that it's always sad when a 20 year old dies. Pointing to other things in his life feels like a waste of time and distasteful, but to each his own.

Only point I'm trying to make is we all agree no 20 year old deserves to die. Therefore, I really don't see the purpose in countering the kind comments with a reference to a pending case he had.

nah ppl are more lost now then ever. but i def agree social media has ppl thinking they have more of a connection with someone when they really dont. and this is rampant with the youth

and as far as nirvana being overrated...cmon son.

I need a receipt for this claim.

I don’t know how old you are but I remember having to watch mtv and/or wait month after month for a new zine to see what my favorite artist were up too. Now I just log onto ig and see my favorite artist vibing in the studio to a new song they’re recording. Fans are without a doubt more connected today than they were 5-10-20-30 years ago.

Nirvana wasn’t even the best band of their time.

I need a receipt for this claim.

I don’t know how old you are but I remember having to watch mtv and/or wait month after month for a new zine to see what my favorite artist were up too. Now I just log onto ig and see my favorite artist vibing in the studio to a new song they’re recording. Fans are without a doubt more connected today than they were 5-10-20-30 years ago.

Nirvana wasn’t even the best band of their time.
who said they were?

so these artists are only in the studio vibing and creating ....but what about the other bs theyre doing. posting dumb ish like pills, lean, guns...you ever wait a month to see someone getting high in the club, or being gone after popping pills?

you gonna deny that those posts dont affect the youth and want them to imitate that ish?
like i said social media has its negatives as well.. a lot more considering social media is counter productive the the regular person

as for my lost claim, just look at the status on mental health... kids/ppl are lost

Last edited:
Come on fam. How much would you like to muddle the discussion with emotional variables?

I think the common theme we can agree on is that it's always sad when a 20 year old dies. Pointing to other things in his life feels like a waste of time and distasteful, but to each his own.

Only point I'm trying to make is we all agree no 20 year old deserves to die. Therefore, I really don't see the purpose in countering the kind comments with a reference to a pending case he had.
I didnt say he deserved to die, but you cant expect sympathy from everyone. In regards to your comment that no 20 y/o deserves to die, in sorry but I'm human. There are a few 20 y/o and probably younger that should be eliminated. No ifs and buts. I understand some are a product of their environment, and although not their fault what they have become should no longer be present.

6ED0A162-D439-4863-970A-DE9975056702.png
8AA22228-FB8B-482F-ABAD-ADBD6C98D241.png
DB8FA31C-525D-4335-9379-3985A09DAC3B.png

Like trolling?
Beyond trolling. Artist like uzi and young thug wearing belly shirts and thug painting his nails and wearing make up. 69 wit the lgbt colors all over him then ready to fight someone when they ask him if he’s gay. Things of that nature. It ain’t hard to tell what’s going on...

Curious on why and who should be eliminated
Kahlil Wheeler
Cosmo Dinardo
Nikolas Cruz
Tyler Kost

These are some that come to mind. But make no mistake there are tons out there. They are psychopaths and reforming is not going to do ****. Even if it did, I just dont see how can they go on living while all the victims have to piece together a normal life.

Just my opinion ....

6ED0A162-D439-4863-970A-DE9975056702.png
8AA22228-FB8B-482F-ABAD-ADBD6C98D241.png
DB8FA31C-525D-4335-9379-3985A09DAC3B.png

Beyond trolling. Artist like uzi and young thug wearing belly shirts and thug painting his nails and wearing make up. 69 wit the lgbt colors all over him then ready to fight someone when they ask him if he’s gay. Things of that nature. It ain’t hard to tell what’s going on...

i take it u've never listened to Glam Rock which was popular in the 70s-80s
i take it u've never seen Rick James
i take it u've never seen Prince
i take it u've never seen James Brown

jamesbrowntommierae.jpg

images_rickjames.jpg

prince-mayte-vogue.jpg

Ice_Cube_HS_Yearbook.jpeg

glam%2Brock.jpg

"it aint hard to tell what's going on" ... this **** been happening throughout history even ancient times.

Cube's Geri curl is a reach. :lol:

It really isn't.

Go talk to one of your old uncles or some **** and ask them what was being said back then. There were old heads back then that saw the "youngins" and said "man what is this feminine curl ****".

I had this debate w/ my mom a while back about Prince and Lil Uzi. She was adamant that all this **** going on today was new...and I had to remind her of Prince, Rick James, etc. She hit me w/ the "oh see that was different" talk the same way my generation does w/ the younger kids now.

Back
Top Bottom