Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

Lol @ dudes saying kanye brought polo back. The same dudes saying he air Jordan's back. I wish I could find a picture of myself back in '02-'03 rockin a black/red Ralphy and the white/red XVIII's. Maybe I can get in on this fashion stuff too.

MARGIELLA AND FENDI DONT RESPECT ME! :lol:

t pain helped kanye work on the album...cudi too but the inspiration came from t pain
How tho? I can see him helping with the autotune but that album is dark and emotional which is nothing at all like T pains music
laugh.gif

Besides the fact that cudi has credits on a handful of those tracks, Kanye said him and kid cudi are the originators of that style of music
Go listen to Epiphany, and tell me that its not dark and emotional.  There are some really dark songs on there

Polo took a leave of absence during the jersey/velour suit era, kanye really did bring it back to the forefront during that period

Kids. Heh.

I heard the Kanye Breakfast Club interview LIVE. Charlamange is right, tho. Kanye is a walking contradiction. He goes on rants and mentions a bunch of people to make it look like he's enlightened or something. Dude is a clown. He is salty because nobody likes his fashion ideas and its the corporations fault. Typical cop out -> Blame the Jews.

Your worth a $100 million. Comparing yourself to Steve Jobs? :rofl: Son.

Last edited:

How tho? I can see him helping with the autotune but that album is dark and emotional which is nothing at all like T pains music
laugh.gif

Besides the fact that cudi has credits on a handful of those tracks, Kanye said him and kid cudi are the originators of that style of music
theres a recent interview with t pain on sway in the morning where t talks about it

Good looks im about to try and find it

Last edited:
Last edited:
My man influenced all of us to have a 34 page long thread on a simple rant, Nah, b dude is not influential....the irony of some of you dudes to criticize those that somehow stand by Kanye while ya constantly subscribe to this thread to do the exact opposite, ya think ya any better? :rofl:

Polo took a leave of absence during the jersey/velour suit era, kanye really did bring it back to the forefront during that period

Kids. Heh.

I heard the Kanye Breakfast Club interview LIVE. Charlamange is right, tho. Kanye is a walking contradiction. He goes on rants and mentions a bunch of people to make it look like he's enlightened or something. Dude is a clown. He is salty because nobody likes his fashion ideas and its the corporations fault. Typical cop out -> Blame the Jews.

Your worth a $100 million. Comparing yourself to Steve Jobs? :rofl: Son.

But he wants to be a billionaire to help people, cuz his voice now isn't strong enough :lol:

You sound a little defensive about those pics.

How did he change the rap game?
Before Ye =, you were getting ZERO play if you were a rapper who came from the burbs. 

Now, the list is pretty long of rappers who really don't have street cred.

Correlation =/= Causation
I'd give more credit to the internet than to Kanye for that.
And Drake...Kanye been out for a min, he was putting in work even when it was alotta street **** going on....and just cuz a rapper not talking about good **** mean they from the burbs

And polo always been around just the sizing n styles change over time

Last edited:
My man influenced all of us to have a 34 page long thread on a simple rant, Nah, b dude is not influential....the irony of some of you dudes to criticize those that somehow stand by Kanye while ya constantly subscribe to this thread to do the exact opposite, ya think ya any better? :rofl:

I would never deny Ye is not influential, especially in the hip hop community.

But he is not as influential as he thinks he is. Comparing himself to Obama, c'mon brah

But I actually take offense to the game he is trying to run. Rant and raving about corporations shutting out, just to get turn around and sign with another one.

Sway had a point, Ye spent his millions campaigning to elite white people, it didn't work, now he is pissed. He should have spent it starting his own **** from the ground up.

But he wants to be a billionaire to help people, cuz his voice now isn't strong enough :lol:

What made him sound real foolish is that he was trying to say that money gives him a voice. Mumia has a voice and dude has been in jail for damn near 30 years. Mendela had a voice when he was in jail. Idiot.

"It wasnt my idea to sell $150 shirts." Son, ****OH. :rofl:

Kanye wants "affordable clothing". Yeah right, he wont have his clothes being sold at K-Mart. :lol:

Last edited:

But he is not as influential as he thinks he is. Comparing himself to Obama, c'mon brah

But I actually take offense to the game he is trying to run. Rant and raving about corporations shutting out, just to get turn around and sign with another one.

Sway had a point, Ye spent his millions campaigning to elite white people, it didn't work, now he is pissed. He should have spent it starting his own **** from the ground up.

I don't think anyone in here has said he's right by comparing himself and Kim to Obama and Michelle, dude is delusional, all dudes in here are saying is that he has been a trend setter, sort of a fashion icon, the popularity of his nike shoe had a lot more to do with it being his shoe that it being a nike shoe and yes also due to the fact that it was limited, but that doesn't take away the fact that if you asked anyone camping out for a week what they are there for, they wouldn't say...we here for some Nikes, nah man...we here for kanyes kicks, HE promoted them, HE rocked them....Nike did not promote the Yeezy, if you are not heavy in the sneaker culture or a Kanye fan, chances are you won't even know what a Yeezy is.

But nah b, let's let his BS childish tantrums discredit everything he has achieved...and let us act as if the man hasn't made an impact on fashion, SPECIALLY within the hiphop community.

What made him sound real foolish is that he was trying to say that money gives him a voice. Mumia has a voice and dude has been in jail for damn near 30 years. Mendela had a voice when he was in jail. Idiot.

"It wasnt my idea to sell $150 shirts." Son, ****OH. :rofl:

Kanye wants "affordable clothing". Yeah right, he wont have his clothes being sold at K-Mart. :lol:

He should stop trying to reach out to these lux brands, even if they **** with him, he's gonna put his fans in a situation he shouldn't put them in.

IMO he should collab with Zara....a brand that will put out an affordable price tag, Uniqlo even....I'm looking forward to see what him and Adidas cook up....Adidas has a thing for high cut silhouettes, which I feel Kanye is very inclined to based off the yeezys.

yall remember this from 2012?
http://thegrio.com/2012/03/07/kanye...how-draws-criticism/#s:kanye-fashion-fail-jpg

Rapper and all around aesthete Kanye West has just bravely debuted his second fashion collection in Paris. After receiving scathing reviews for his first attempt on those runways, which was released in the couture capital last fall, West was not in a position to fail the second time around. In response to criticisms that his first looks were not up to snuff, the megastar posted on his blog, “This is my first collection. Please be easy. Please give me a chance to grow.”

Unfortunately, fashion critics have not seen much development in West’s tastes. While West has received some proverbial pats on the back for slight improvement, he has failed to receive strong accolades. West has also been accused of sartorial plagiarism in crafting his Autumn/Winter 2012 collection.

The Daily News  reports one major style watcher believes West shamelessly ripped off the storied fashion house of Givenchy in each of his 20 tight-fitting looks.

“Kanye West[’s] collection was so Givenchy-esque that it’s embarrassing that Givenchy designer Riccardo Tisci was an expected guest,” Wall Street Journal  style critic Christina Binkley said, as quoted by the Daily News. “Ten points off for copying the smart guy sitting next to you.”

The extensive use of fur and alligator also drew negative reactions from the animal-friendly contingent.Daily Mail  writer Liz Jones lambasted the pop star’s use of astrakhan, a special type of lambs’ fur.

“Let me tell you about this most ghastly of ‘fabrics’,” Jones wrote in her column.  “Astrakhan is the fur of an unborn lamb. Yes, a foetus. The sheep is slaughtered, and the unborn lamb is ripped from her womb, its coat still curly and unformed.”

Yes, that sounds pretty horrible. Despite this stomach-churning revelation, models in West’s frocks, pencil skirts, leather pants and biker jackets did cut sexy silhouettes — but the clothes were considered ill-fitting and poorly constructed by those in the know.

Another “fail”? The fact that West used only two black models.

West did receive some approval for his accessories,  which included bold knee-high boots with thick, band-aid like flaps and simple, geometric purses. This echoes his recent success as the shoe designer for the Dion Lee show,  which presented at London Fashion Week several days ago. He has also designed highly-coveted shoes for Louis Vuitton and Giuseppi Zanotti.

“Haters” — as West might be likely to call them — aside, he was heavily supported by a bastion of African-American celebrities who sat front row to watch his second Paris show. Big names included Sean “Diddy” Combs, Cassie, Alicia Keys, Shyne Po, Andre Leon Tally, Common, Swizz Beatz, Waka Flocka Flame and Rosario Dawson. Manhattan “it girl” Shala Monroque  and American Vogue editor Anna Wintour were also in attendance.

Kim Kardashian’s appearance fanned rumors that she and West are a couple.

Follow Alexis Garrett Stodghill on Twitter at @lexisb

I don't think anyone in here has said he's right by comparing himself and Kim to Obama and Michelle, dude is delusional, all dudes in here are saying is that he has been a trend setter, sort of a fashion icon, the popularity of his nike shoe had a lot more to do with it being his shoe that it being a nike shoe and yes also due to the fact that it was limited, but that doesn't take away the fact that if you asked anyone camping out for a week what they are there for, they wouldn't say...we here for some Nikes, nah man...we here for kanyes kicks, HE promoted them, HE rocked them....Nike did not promote the Yeezy, if you are not heavy in the sneaker culture or a Kanye fan, chances are you won't even know what a Yeezy is.

But nah b, let's let his BS childish tantrums discredit everything he has achieved...and let us act as if the man hasn't made an impact on fashion, SPECIALLY within the hiphop community.

Brah I agree with you. Ye is special, especially in the hip hop community.

But that's not what he is ranting about. Ye feels that all that he has accomplished should carry weight with the elite white in the fashion industry. And he is somehow shocked, and taken aback that it doesn't.

I feel for the dude I hate seeing a young brother being played. But as black man it sounds like Ye is saying "I kissed there ***, played house negro, I shucked and jived for them, I spent my money" and they still didn't accept me, so please black people be outrage with me. NAWWW B

If Kanye said they doing me dirt, so I'm starting my own ****, my the bottom. Then I respect that movement, and I would support homeboy, both verbally and financially. But what does he do instead, he signs with another big corporation. He contradicted hmself

Now as this limited edition, outrageous pricing that went on with his previous collaborations need to be absent at Adidas. Or he will look like a liar

Lettuce cereal, son. Nobody is gonna be buying those Addidas Yeezy's. Yeezy's were popular because they were Nike.

He might have something if he does something of the likes of a "Yeezuz Label" with Zara, Uniqlo, or even H&M. Although, the thing with Kanye is that he likes his own artistic creations, but nobody else does as it pertains to fashion. The former labels dont need Kanye.

Last edited:
Yeezy's were popular because of Kanye. His name sold those shoes and they will sell the adidas ones too. They are ICONIC because they are nikes.

DONT BLAME HIM FOR GASSING HIMSELF UP.

BLAME OUR COUNTRY'S LONG STANDING OBSESSION WITH CELEBRITY CULTURE.

I WOULD BELIEVE THAT MORE TEENS CAN POINT OUT CELEBS THAN INFLUENTIAL LEADERS OF THE WORLD.

SHOW PICTURE OF STEVE JOBS AND BILL GATES. OH HEY ARENT THOSE THE GUYS WHO WORK AT THE LIBRARY.

BARACK OBAMA? OH HEY ISNT THAT WILL SMITH LUDACRIS WEST-Z?

Back
Top Bottom