Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

i thought he was influenced by t-pain on the 808 album? he told tpain that he wanted to do a album like rapper ternt sanga because it was love music and bass.. thats why he got the name 808s and heartbreaks

He actually flew pain out to hawaii to work on that project extensively as well.

so 808s wasnt original?  Thats for telling dude something he should have known from the jump 
roll.gif

he brought polo back & was one of the few rappers wearing fitted clothing during the jersey era, but since then he just tries too hard to be a "fashion icon" since he knows his stans are gonna follow what he does

When exactly did Polo leave?

take it for what you want but kanye changed and infleunced rap/fashion and has molded it into basically his image like it or not :smokin lol

How old are you?

What were Big, Jay, Fox, Kim and them talking about?

So you don't see how all Kanye did was

a. wear Jordans that have been popular since the 80s/90s
b. wear leather pants and jackets that has been done since the 80s/90s
c. wear Timberlands, also popular in the 90s/2000s
d. did nothing that hasn't been done before

but dudes on his nuts swear that he innovated something. Here's the thing. If you don't have a grasp on where he got his style from (the Polo phase was just him biting Lo Lifes and trying to make himself seem like he was doing something different) you won't get how all he did was nothing new. Nothing. Oh wait, he wore a kilt. I'll give him credit for that. But digging up old styles and recycling them is nothing I'm going to give him credit for on an innovative level.

I guess because I grew up in the 80s, 90s and am a grown man now, I've seen all of his style before. So I'm not seeing how he did anything close to what you're claiming.

Here's what you should wrap your mind around. Kanye ALSO grew up in the same era as I did. He saw all of the same ****. He may know younger cats aren't hip to it and don't know where the styles originated and passes his biting off as innovation. Ain't nothing wrong with copying styles, but when dudes start to make him into the father of the style, that's where I'm like, nah.

Kanye isn't creating, he's rehashing when it comes to fashion. Y'all act like he came up with an entirely new look. He didn't.
A lot of y'all are really starting to show your age by lack of basic *** common knowledge that can also be found in a matter of a quick google search.

-Em was from 8 mile. This is no movie facts, he was really from 8 mile.

-You won't find 1 Ye' album that can come lyrically close to Eminems "Infinite" album. Which if you haven't heard because you young cats grew up on Eminem in his later years than check that out.

Ye's mom had money and raised him from a nice suburban area in Chicago. He even attended an art school. I don't buy his I started with nothing persona. That's not to take away from what he's done to hip hop. His work ethic at one point was crazy. But there hasn't been 1 thing he's done that's original.

-Rappers have had a shoe deal with big sneaker companies

-2pac kicked it with Versace and designed a few shirts

-Rappers have tried to sell the confederate flag on some "I'm artsy now" tip

-Rappers have been sampling music for EVER

So to be really real the only different thing Kanye has done is make his show's crazy with the visuals and stage.

Which he got from Jay on the WTC tour, he even hired the same artist for this tour.

He is not innovative and not on this deep level of thinking y'all just stuck on channel basic.

He's copied everything that's ever done in hip hop and he capitalized on it better than most.

Stop that Kendrick is a puppet talk. I'm from LA and dot is really putting it down out here. He's not banging he's telling the story of regular *** LA cats growing up in hoods where there all there is, is banging.

excellent responses...

got an older bro that's 30 and an older cousin tha's 33 and they said the exact same things.

Did I just see Dapper Dan pictures in here???
Respect to whoever dropped those, brings back memories,lol..

charlamagne was right on the Breakfast Club interview tho

Ye is obsessed with money and thinking that it's going to buy him "freedom"

and I personally don't care about him making clothes, I just want music like College Dropout and Late Registration

those were the times when he seemed like he cared about music and wasn't so caught up in this ego he has now

Guys gotta stop wishing for old kanye, lol
Dude has said multiple times its not happening... Those records were when he was hungry to be respected as a rapper, I think he still has it in him to make another quality album, but I don't see that happening anytime soon(could be wrong).Plus his mother was alive during that time, so now he has no guidance or nobody to put him in check, he truly is " Lost in the World", I think that's the main reason he is with Kim because he is desiring family but boy did he pick the wrong one lol...

Last edited:
Wow you guys....

Don't have a problem with anything kanye is doing/saying. You guys forget that he's with a kardashian now and they're the gods of self promotion. He's passionate about what he wants to do and wants to make things happen now why he still has a large following and influence to make sure his daughter's future is never in question. Never mad at a black man for doing that, ever.

My only problem is kanye feeling like he can change the world through materialistic means such as clothes, and fashion. Their are people in this world that can barely get something to eat let alone think about clothes. Some right in his home city of Chicago. I would like to see some benefit concerts or more philanthropic efforts and maybe he wouldn't have to be so self conscious around the billionaires and make more doors open for himself.

Kanye leaving Nike might've been the worst business move ever though...

Kanye act and sound like a lil bish.... his cult of supporters are worse. I mean, how can you tell a so called man anything who wears skirts willingly.

t pain helped kanye work on the album...cudi too but the inspiration came from t pain

How tho? I can see him helping with the autotune but that album is dark and emotional which is nothing at all like T pains music :lol:

Besides the fact that cudi has credits on a handful of those tracks, Kanye said him and kid cudi are the originators of that style of music

Im not backing kanye but can someone tell me what rappers were wearing polo during the jersey/velour era? All i seen was rocawear,sean john, phat farm, enyce ecko etc poppin, him & pharrell were the only dudes i know of wearing fitted clothing during that time, then jay dropped change clothes and then jerseys were dead

Im not backing kanye but can someone tell me what rappers were wearing polo during the jersey/velour era? All i seen was rocawear,sean john, phat farm, enyce ecko etc poppin, him & pharrell were the only dudes i know of wearing fitted clothing during that time, then jay dropped change clothes and then jerseys were dead

Who gives a **** what other rappers were wearing? Polo NEVER went out of style.

What you posted a few pages back might be the single, most stupid thing I've ever read on here.

How tho? I can see him helping with the autotune but that album is dark and emotional which is nothing at all like T pains music :lol:

Besides the fact that cudi has credits on a handful of those tracks, Kanye said him and kid cudi are the originators of that style of music

theres a recent interview with t pain on sway in the morning where t talks about it

he essentially took t pains exact approach, rapper turned singer with autotune and put bass behind it and sang darker topics

kanye is like apple tho, he keeps all talks of innovation in house even tho other people are just as creative and integral to his success

Back
Top Bottom