You know what, #%@! Chick-Fil-A!

Lol FutureMD as entertaining as that video was (still cant believe I watched it in its entirety)... it proves nothing. At most it proves that science MAY have found a way to see a pattern in someone POSSIBLY being predisposed to a certain sexual orientation (and it poorly does that). The point of recognizing the orientation at birth is to show the sharp contrast between orientation and race/ethnic group. But that again is straying away from the original point. CFA is not keeping gay people from having the right to marry. It currently is a State's right issue so the people who vote/ vote for representatives in each state are the one's who are to "blame". My point is that this animosity towards CFA is misguided and pointless...at most they spend money to support campaigns that support their ideas. Most people/corporations do..

That's a totally fair comparison. A man and his PRIVATELY HELD company tend to lobby the government in order to limit civil rights in the United States. It's totally and completely wrong. Thus, I choose not to support them.
I think you have the right to go and give money to these fools, but I won't. And I do hope the company suffers, though it has plenty of customers in extremely conservative areas who'd much rather not give gays ANY rights (or any group for that matter).
Also, if you think being gay is a "choice" ... please get outta here. My brother is gay and struggles with it every day of his life. He wanted NOTHING more than to just be straight and "normal," but he just isn't. Ask enough gay people and I highly doubt you find many that woke up one day and decided to be gay. :smh:

Look you have the right to your opinion (Just like the CEO of CFA) the orientation thing is really beyond the point, my comment was just intended to iterate that comparing the CEO stating his opinion on marriage to slavery is a bit farfetched. But anywho I digress. If you want to affect change, not eating chick fil A is probably the worst way to do it as they do not have the power to grant or deny gay marriage. At this point it is a state's rights issue...

Lol FutureMD as entertaining as that video was (still cant believe I watched it in its entirety)... it proves nothing. At most it proves that science MAY have found a way to see a pattern in someone POSSIBLY being predisposed to a certain sexual orientation (and it poorly does that). 
I'm not going to retype everything about the science behind the matter (and there is even more if you want it. I have some studies and links I pulled to make it a little easier to understand) read this link: http://niketalk.com/t/501030/you-know-what-chick-fil-a/330#post_16059821

And have we found a pattern of proving someone being disposed to being straight?  
The point of recognizing the orientation at birth is to show the sharp contrast between orientation and race/ethnic group. But that again is straying away from the original point.
There isn't a difference when we're talking about an injustice.

If you want to have a pissing match we can do that. We can compare who has it worse. But what will that prove? The issue is gay marriage, not raising rice to feed the Sahel. I'm not sure if you know but I'm a black male. Not some light skinned dude who is trying to overcompensate for trying to find his place in the world...
grin.gif
 I'm a black dude with jamaican heritage. If you want to see a homophobic people, i've been there and done that. I've seen it all. I've heard it all. Theres nothing you can tell me about the comparison between being gay to being black that I haven't experienced. Even though i'm not gay, I still find no reason to actively limit the rights of those who are. 

An injustice is an injustice and ignoring one as being less important doesn't remove the fact that it still exists.
 CFA is not keeping gay people from having the right to marry.
Yes they are.

Donating to the Family Research Council, Million Moms, and other ultra conservative pro-christian groups with a vast and OPEN history and platform that contains often as one of its headline tenets: Promoting ONLY heterosexual marriage is them keeping gays from getting married.

Then again if we use your understanding of the term then donating to a community service charity fund doesn't go towards feeding the hungry then.
It currently is a State's right issue so the people who vote/ vote for representatives in each state are the one's who are to "blame". My point is that this animosity towards CFA is misguided and pointless...at most they spend money to support campaigns that support their ideas. Most people/corporations do..
You can talk about whats more "effective" and whats not, but it doesn't remove the guilt from CFA as being a complicit agent in the active ******ation of the gay rights movement. 

That's a totally fair comparison. A man and his PRIVATELY HELD company tend to lobby the government in order to limit civil rights in the United States. It's totally and completely wrong. Thus, I choose not to support them.
I think you have the right to go and give money to these fools, but I won't. And I do hope the company suffers, though it has plenty of customers in extremely conservative areas who'd much rather not give gays ANY rights (or any group for that matter).
Also, if you think being gay is a "choice" ... please get outta here. My brother is gay and struggles with it every day of his life. He wanted NOTHING more than to just be straight and "normal," but he just isn't. Ask enough gay people and I highly doubt you find many that woke up one day and decided to be gay.
mean.gif
Look you have the right to your opinion (Just like the CEO of CFA) the orientation thing is really beyond the point, my comment was just intended to iterate that comparing the CEO stating his opinion on marriage to slavery is a bit farfetched. But anywho I digress. If you want to affect change, not eating chick fil A is probably the worst way to do it as they do not have the power to grant or deny gay marriage. At this point it is a state's rights issue...
No one is comparing it to slavery, but its just as absurd as comparing it to the inquistion. Its still an injustice and the fact that CFA supports it is not excusable, however, its not illegal.

However, the fact of the matter is that the CEO DOES support anachronistic views and we have just as much of a right in expressing our discontent as you do in being ambivalent about it.

Chastising those who oppose CFA doesn't excuse CFA's actions. You're right to suggest that this can't be the ultimate extent of their behavior in addressing the right for gays to gat married, but it still does does not mean that their sincerity in either discussing it or choosing not to support CFA is any less valid. 

Its probably hard for some of you to do, but putting yourself in the shoes of those who can't benefit from the legal protections that you enjoy might allow you to see why this is more than just gay people "complaining" its about a blatant legal form of discrimination.

Oh and calling this a states right issue is complete BS and I hope everyone realizes this. The federal government used to leave open racial discrimination up to "states" rights and we saw how far that got us until they stepped in. 

^FutureMD
1. It still doesn't prove anything but whatever.. agree to disagree
2. I figured you were well aware I was meaning difference in terms of being BORN a certain way. I agree injustice is in fact injustice irregardless of the type.
3. I agree... although you SEEM intelligent enough to see how comparing it to a group that gives food directly is reaching a bit...They support groups who fight for "traditional marriage" among many other conservative views....
4. Agree here as well. But by that logic... the less you eat at Chick Fil A, the quicker gays getting the right to marry which is also reaching... which is why it isnt that effective...

Are people supposed to be boycotting or going to Chic fil a today?

The one by my house is 4 cell phone bunkin off meater!! :wow:

[h1]Chick-fil-A store breaks with founder to sponsor LGBT Pride[/h1]
By David Edwards
Wednesday, August 1, 2012 12:49 EDT

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/01/chick-fil-a-store-breaks-with-founder-to-sponsor-lgbt-pride/#
Share on facebookShare on redditShare on diggShare on twitterShare on farkShare on stumbleupon563

chickfilafood-flickr-2655062_b20b09a7a3_o-615x345.jpg

Topics: Anthony Picolia  [emoji]9830[/emoji] LGBT Pride Festival  [emoji]9830[/emoji] LGBT Pride New Hampshire

New Hampshire’s only Chick-fil-A restaurant is going against the wishes of chicken chain founder Dan Cathy by pledging to co-sponsor an LGBT Pride Festival in the state.

In a statement  on the New Hampshire Pride Festival website, Nashua Chick-fil-A franchise manager Anthony Picolia said he was backing the the event, citing “positive relationships with family, friends, customers and employees in the LGBT community.”

“It would make me sad if someone felt that they were not openly welcomed into my life or restaurant based on their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender,” Picolia explained. “Chick-fil-A at Pheasant Lane Mall has gay employees and serves gay customers with honor, dignity and respect. We also don’t discriminate in giving back to the Nashua community, donating to a wide variety of causes.”

“I would challenge people to come have a conversation with me before they make assumptions or boycott my restaurant. Come to my restaurant and see for yourself that my team and I only have one mission: To serve exceptional experiences to all.”

Market research firm YouGov recently found that Chick-fil-A’s BrandIndex score had fallen 40 percent nationally  since Cathy told the Baptist Press  that his company was “guilty as charged” of funding groups that oppose marriage equality.

Last week, Fox News host Mike Huckabee said he was so outraged that “militant homosexuals” were attacking the Christian restaurant chain that he called for  a “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day” on August 1.

Former Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum on Wednesday told The Daily Callerthat critics of the restaurant chain were guilty of “intolerance and bigotry.”

“This is the kind of intolerance you’re seeing and it’s very unfortunate, but it’s the beginning of something that think I you’re going to see a lot more of as this issue — these issues fundamentally changing the basic moral foundation of our country continues to spread there’s going to be an intolerance for any dissent to that change,” Santorum said.

Proponents of LGBT rights and marriage equality are also staging  a “National Same Sex Kiss Day” at Chick-fil-A restaurants across the nation on Friday, August 3.

“Head to your local Chick-fil-A and share a kiss with your sweetie,” organizers advised. “Let’s show Chick-fil-A that EVERYONE deserves to be able to fall in love, start a family, and take their children to eat fried chicken after a soccer match. :wink:

all this over biscuits and chicken?
Or if McDonalds had done it, burgers and fries?

Ask yourself this: Why hasn't any other company been as stupid as Chik-Fil-A has been?

I'm not naive enough to think that no other company has executives that are religious fundies or even bigoted views on their own customers, but why is Chik-Fil-A so stupid as to take that stance? 

Why do I say "stupid?" 

I say it because when you're in business with the public, you need them, more than they need you. If you can't appeal to people you've never met, then you're shooting yourself in the foot.

You're free to start selling Nooses at Bucky's Chicken Shack in Biloxi, MS for all I care, but no one has to visit your establishment on the flip side.

Why is CFA's management so stupid? Tell me. 

This is a MASSIVE PR failure. Don't let the lines of christians who think their rights trump all others fool you. Every time you go to a CFA or hear the name, you'll continue to think how they view gays or remember this incident. Even if you don't agree with gay marriage or even homosexuality, CFA is on the wrong side of history as society moves progressively towards a stance that accepts gays to live with equal footing. 

Last edited:

Ask yourself this: Why hasn't any other company been as stupid as Chik-Fil-A has been?

I'm not naive enough to think that no other company has executives that are religious fundies or even bigoted views on their own customers, but why is Chik-Fil-A so stupid as to take that stance? 

Why do I say "stupid?" 

I say it because when you're in business with the public, you need them, more than they need you. If you can't appeal to people you've never met, then you're shooting yourself in the foot.

You're free to start selling Nooses at Bucky's Chicken Shack in Biloxi, MS for all I care, but no one has to visit your establishment on the flip side.

This is a MASSIVE PR failure. Don't let the lines of christians who think their rights trump all others fool you. Every time you go to a CFA or hear the name, you'll continue to think how they view gays or remember this incident. Even if you don't agree with gay marriage or even homosexuality, CFA is on the wrong side of history as society moves progressively towards a stance that accepts gays to live with equal footing. 
naw I'll prolly think about why they refuse to give me andequate polynesian sauce to food ratio. They flood the bag with honey, mayo, ketchup, bbq etc but never polynesian. Ayo FutureMD why they never be puttin in the polynesian?

images

Why do I say "stupid?" 

naw I'll prolly think about why they refuse to give me andequate polynesian sauce to food ratio. They flood the bag with honey, mayo, ketchup, bbq etc but never polynesian. Ayo FutureMD why they never be puttin in the polynesian?

images
If they have automatically given you hot sauce or told you they were out of watermelon, I'm sure you wouldn't have taken it any sort of way, either.

Last edited:

Why do I say "stupid?" 

THIS, regardless of how you feel about gay marriage
THISSSSSSS

If you see what i'm "trying to do" then you see what my point is. 
wink.gif
[h3]reachingpresent participle of reach (Verb)[/h3][table][tr][td]Verb:[/td][td][table][tr][td]
  1. Stretch out an arm in a specified direction in order to touch or grasp something: "he reached over and turned off his bedside light".
  2. Make a movement with one's hand or arm in an attempt to touch or grasp (something): "FutureMD reached trying to make a point".
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
images

[h3]
reachingpresent participle of reach (Verb)
[/h3]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[td]Verb:[/td]

[TD]
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]
  1. Stretch out an arm in a specified direction in order to touch or grasp something: "he reached over and turned off his bedside light".
  2. Make a movement with one's hand or arm in an attempt to touch or grasp (something): "FutureMD reached trying to make a point".
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

images

Exactly :lol:

Drove past my chick fil today, never seen it so packed before, walked in asked what all the commotion was for, walked back out.

This is not a fair comparison whatsoever. No one here is being discriminated against. The CEO stated his personal opinion on what he believes marriage should be. Chick Fil A definitely hires and serves people regardless of their sexual preference. Which brings up another point. Preference. Since you mentioned slavery Im assuming you are making a comment relating to African American civil rights. You cannot choose to be African American it isn't a preference. That said some ppl say they are "born gay" irregardless... the fact that some CHOOSE makes it a completely different subject matter. If Chick Fil A was refusing to serve people due to there preference I would understand the outrage...but getting mad at the CEO's personal opinion is ridiculous. Im sure he is personally against fornication, and he is also CLEARLY against working on Sunday. But if you choose to fornicate...or to work on Sundays Chick Fil A will still happily serve you "with pleasure" this issue has been tremendously blown out of proportion by people with varying agendas on both sides.

the fact that some choose their sexual preference says nothing about whether people are born gay or not. one group of people does not speak for another group of people. if anything, that shows that these people are bisexual and choose to ignore/suppress their desire for the same sex. it does not make it a completely different matter.

people shouldn't be mad at the CEO's personal opinion, i agree. what people should be mad at is that his opinion leads to donations to anti-gay organizations. there's a very big difference between holding your opinion on a subject and actively opposing an entire group of people. i understand that people's religions prohibit homosexuality, but that doesn't mean that i understand their desire to vote in their own interest in a country that consists of many different types of people. i don't think that religion should be taught to people until they are adults, but that doesn't mean i would vote to take away people's right to teach their kids what they want. people's beliefs (theoretically) don't affect me nor do they (theoretically) affect anyone else. similarly, people's sexual orientation does not affect anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom