you know who needs a value menu?...

498_preaching_front.jpg

hit up the local gas station for candy and sneak it in through a like backpack. thats what i do.

You know how these NT dudes are. They don't want to "disrespect" a woman by not offering to buy them something at the concession stand.

Going to the Dollar Store or Walgreens and getting the same candy 3/$1 and some change FTW!

It's how they make their money... movie theaters will disappear soon if you don't occasionally support them.

You can either have moderately priced tickets and expensive food, or the other way around... personally, i'll take it the way it is.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

It's how they make their money... movie theaters will disappear soon if you don't occasionally support them.

You can either have moderately priced tickets and expensive food, or the other way around... personally, i'll take it the way it is.

LOL @ That rationalization. Movies aren't going anywhere man.

And those two choices you presented are NOT the only choices. You can have moderately priced tickets and CHEAP food from somewhere else. What makes you thinkthey will disappear?

There will always be plenty of fools that don't have a problem spending boatloads of $ at the concessions. It's not like EVERYONE goes to CVSbeforehand.

When I was young I used to sneak stuff in like Chinese takeout or something else from fast food joints.

Now that I'm older and have a job I don't do that anymore and end up wasting like 30-40 dollars getting stuff for me and my lady.

I'm about to start doing it now though to hell with that because I said 09 is all about stacking.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

LOL @ That rationalization. Movies aren't going anywhere man.

And those two choices you presented are NOT the only choices. You can have moderately priced tickets and CHEAP food from somewhere else. What makes you think they will disappear?

There will always be plenty of fools that don't have a problem spending boatloads of $ at the concessions. It's not like EVERYONE goes to CVS beforehand.

I'm not talking about movies going anywhere.. i'm talking about movie theatres disappearing.

The theatres stay open because of their food sales - period. They barely break even on ticket sales, the cost of showing a movie is expensive as hell.

And while some people do drop a lot of money there, you think this economy won't slow down people from dropping a bunch of money at a movie? And what doyou think that will lead to? This isn't some conspiracy theory i'm throwing out there, i'm not sure why you're laughing - movie theatres willclose if people stop buying food there... either that, or the cost of a movie will skyrocket, people will stop going and they will close for that reasoninstead. Pick your poison. It's pretty simple.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I remember my mom used to sneak in McDonalds and @@%# in there...
laugh.gif
I went yesterday, and we brought in Taco Bell, and Burger King.

movie theaters use the gas station business model
grin.gif

if they had better food or snacks , people wouldn't have to sneak food in. Who wants stale (sp?) popcorn for $7
smh.gif

Should change the menu to a watered down McDonalds or something imo

i just bought freaking nachos and a drink for like 13$ cause i was starving....

the nachos were like 7 bucks by itself....but the combo had olives in the picture......so i took that one
they gave me a freaking box of tostitos that i peel off with no olives in it.....and one cup of cheese
freaking drink was like 6 bucks.....

i was too distracted to even care/notice...smh

more expensive than my ticket...
indifferent.gif

When I said movies aren't going anywhere I am referring to the theaters. Like I said, you can be a fool and spend all that $ there if you want. You knowdeep down inside it is a poor economical decision.

Forget all the theater talk... FIVE GUYS needs a freakin value meal. Actually, I'd be happy with a combo meal or somethin because I shouldnt be paying $12for a burger, fries, and drink. The fries arent even that good and it aint help me that they givin me a bag full of mediocre fries. Sorry for the rant

i don't go to the movies enough for it to be that big of a deal for me to shell out 20 bux for nachos or what have you. i like the experience of the moviesand that includes feeling jipped for nachos.

I dropped 10$ on a medium popcorn and a medium soda last night. I rarely get food at the theaters but sometimes its a must, such as a first date or you justwant to splurge. But the theater food game is the biggest scheme about the movies. I dont know about all the sneaking food in, thats some extra level typestuff.

Originally Posted by kingofny04

I dropped 10$ on a medium popcorn and a medium soda last night. I rarely get food at the theaters but sometimes its a must, such as a first date or you just want to splurge. But the theater food game is the biggest scheme about the movies. I dont know about all the sneaking food in, thats some extra level type stuff.

Why is it NEEDED to do on the first date?

Dudes being so pressed to impress folks. "Oh it is needed to buy food on the first date."

Why??????????????

Thats whats wrong with some of you dudes now, go too far to impress strangers. First date with a woman = She is a stranger.

Be different. Go to to CVS before hand. Show her something different and don't be scared about being called CHEAP. If she calls you CHEAP and thinks youare cheap because of that, then screw her!

Back
Top Bottom