you know who needs a value menu?...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by kingofny04

I dropped 10$ on a medium popcorn and a medium soda last night. I rarely get food at the theaters but sometimes its a must, such as a first date or you just want to splurge. But the theater food game is the biggest scheme about the movies. I dont know about all the sneaking food in, thats some extra level type stuff.

Why is it NEEDED to do on the first date?
Um what women would want to be with stingy brother. Its only 10 dollars. Im sure you invited them not the other way around. Chivalry people,chivalry.

Dudes be chargin' 6$ for a damn Icee.
smh.gif

But the last time I went me and my girl stopped by the gas station and stuffed her purse with as much as we could.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Um what women would want to be with stingy brother. Its only 10 dollars. Im sure you invited them not the other way around. Chivalry people, chivalry.
LOL @ Stingy. Yea ok. Think outside the box for once and then come talk to me man.

Me inviting them means I have to spend money at the concession stand?
grin.gif
Where is the logic in that?

Has NOTHING to do with chivalry my man

You do not want to date a girl who is so shallow that she won't date again unless you spend a lot on the first date, that is true. If a girl doesn'tunderstand the realities of being student, starting your own business or being in recession don't go out with her. However, if you opt to go out to themovies or out to dinner then be ready to spend enough money to not look stingy.

The way she sees it, if you have enough money to go to the movies or to dinner you have enough to get popcorn at the movies and enough to leave a decent tipand if you do not, it means you will be a cheap skate forever. If you, on the first date, have her sneaking in candy from the gas station, or you stiff awaiter on a tip she will probably not see that as an exercise in thrift nor as an act of "thinking outside of the box."

You are foolish for spending lots of money to buy a shallow girl's affection but you are also foolish if you send a girl the wrong signals by trying tosave a few dollars.

Basically. A female has to EARN the right to have $ spent on her. But I wouldn't buy the mother of Jesus food from the concession stand. I don't careWHO you are.

But the whole, "You need to do it on a first date" foolishness is a sad mentality.

this post is the truth. prior to this christmas, i hadn't been to the movies since the summer of 07. i couldn't help but spaz when i saw the prices..$4for a bag of sour patch kids? $3.25 for a bottle of water? you serious?!

Do you even have to sneak food in. I always hit up the movies with Chipotle/Chick-Fil-A in my hand. Or cargo shorts or something.

Originally Posted by JayADiCt92

this post is the truth. prior to this christmas, i hadn't been to the movies since the summer of 07. i couldn't help but spaz when i saw the prices..$4 for a bag of sour patch kids? $3.25 for a bottle of water? you serious?!
If you had respect for women you would buy them anything they want from the concessions
smile.gif

Alamo Drafthouse FTW they serve fresh hot food restaurant style while you watch your movie and its inexpensive.

ehh this is the thing I LOVE about the AMC in downtown disney. can take !@!* in openly and they don't say a thing
smokin.gif

$5 - medium popcorn and a soda, both refillable for free. In fact, just hang on to the bag and you wont have to buy popcorn again
laugh.gif
Not sure if this is thedeal at all AMC theaters

the bigger movie theaters usually do not mind you bringing in a drink or small snacks. as long as you aint bringing in a family meal from KFC you good
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

the bigger movie theaters usually do not mind you bringing in a drink or small snacks. as long as you aint bringing in a family meal from KFC you good
laugh.gif

I take in my food from the Louisiana restaurant and ESPNzone, sometime the delicious kettle corn outside the theatre at downtown disney and just nod at theticket taker
smokin.gif

I remember a few years back (actually like in 2000 may 2001) Me and my boys hit up the movies and I hit up McDonald's beforehand. This is when they had to2 for 2 Big Macs and quarter pounders. So I copped 2 QPs and proceeded to the movies. I had my food inside my jacket and went on through got my tix no prob.Then was heading through to the screens and my food started sliding down and I was trying to hurry but it fell out like right in front of the usher. He justlooked at me and shook his head but I kept it moving and no one said anything.

I have food in my hands openly from CVS, restaurant I ate before at (mall theaters), or even from Wendys. Never had a problem from any theater.

I do kinda agree with Rex, unless shes that type of girl to be like, "Hey, food there is expensive, lets hit up a CVS or whatnot" then you have awinner. If the girl doesnt mind either that you wanna save a few bucks, then you have a winner as well. If you have a golddigger kinda girl, sucks for you tospend $10 on a hotdog and a drink. But if you have the money, why not? The concession stand is right there, and if you a chick there with you and you trying toget it in, or just have a good time, its only $10. Saving $3-$4 should be the last thing on your mind.

My girl always has a pretty large purse so we always sneak in stuff from McDonalds and 20oz sodas or those big 24oz Arizona
joints.

A few weeks ago the theater manager was walking around checking the theater and he saw us eating outside food. He looked
like he wanted to say something but decided not to and walked a few rows down. When he turned around to double
check again I flipped him off. He just stood there shocked and then walked out of the theater. Me and girl started rolling
after that!

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

I have food in my hands openly from CVS, restaurant I ate before at (mall theaters), or even from Wendys. Never had a problem from any theater.

I do kinda agree with Rex, unless shes that type of girl to be like, "Hey, food there is expensive, lets hit up a CVS or whatnot" then you have a winner. If the girl doesnt mind either that you wanna save a few bucks, then you have a winner as well. If you have a golddigger kinda girl, sucks for you to spend $10 on a hotdog and a drink. But if you have the money, why not? The concession stand is right there, and if you a chick there with you and you trying to get it in, or just have a good time, its only $10. Saving $3-$4 should be the last thing on your mind.
The whole, "If you have it you might as well spend it" - logic is funny whenever someone uses it.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Hen Lin 32

OP Sig Failure.

smh.gif
at kids these days proclaiming and boasting their stoner status
indifferent.gif

Not that bad but dude did went over board with the sig

I mean do you see people with sigs saying "I get drunk everyday"?

no
indifferent.gif

so OP sig FAIL indeed

pimp.gif

I use to work at a movie theatre...movie theatres make most of their money from the concession stand...and their priced at certain prices for certainreasons..that way they get you to buy more lol...

I.E .at the movie theatres i worked at a large popcorn was 10.50....meanwhile the large popcorn with a large drink combo is 10.75...

I'm a cashier at a theater, and i get soo much complaints from people because the prices are soo high. I just laugh at them cause they are going to buy itanyway.
laugh.gif

Oh and the theater has got to make money some how. They don't get money from the tickets they sell, so they raise the prices on the food.

Back
Top Bottom