-Young Jeezy- "The real is back 2" Hosted by DJ Drama (Out now!) "TM:103" (OUT NOW!)

all im going to say is quality > quantity. Thats where Ross is smashing jeezy. In every since of the rap game too, not just music.

all im going to say is quality > quantity. Thats where Ross is smashing jeezy. In every since of the rap game too, not just music.

Originally Posted by cartune

Momentum = 53K first week?
Momentum doesnt mean posting songs and videos on blogs everyweek
Im not speaking out my $$% I've heard actual people over there say that that #%@%+'s projects lose money. Teflon Don was an expensive album look at the features and the production credits. and the #%@%+ JUST went gold a couple weeks ago. With no big single to lean on. The #**#* a business my dude. 

Jeezy had a hit record last year and didnt even put out an album. Now he has another one climbing the charts. Yea he might be irrelevant and hated on the internet but obviously that doesnt translate to sells. Because let the internet tell it Ross has been the biggest rap artist in the game for a while now but them numbers tho..

laugh.gif
 and if you think those mah****as are the BIGGEST artists on Def Jam I guess you never heard of Justin Beiber..Rihanna..Kanye West.. 

CHUUCH

Im not speaking out my $$% I've heard actual people over there say that that #%@%+'s projects lose money. Teflon Don was an expensive album look at the features and the production credits. and the #%@%+ JUST went gold a couple weeks ago. With no big single to lean on. The #**#* a business my dude. 

Jeezy had a hit record last year and didnt even put out an album. Now he has another one climbing the charts. Yea he might be irrelevant and hated on the internet but obviously that doesnt translate to sells. Because let the internet tell it Ross has been the biggest rap artist in the game for a while now but them numbers tho..

laugh.gif
 and if you think those mah****as are the BIGGEST artists on Def Jam I guess you never heard of Justin Beiber..Rihanna..Kanye West.. 

CHUUCH

Originally Posted by TheSwagOfSweetJones

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Ross got cats hypnotized, he's really done a great job of making an allusion that he's the hottest in the game.USDA first album sold 95K first week with less buzz and promotion than Self Made.

The Real Is Back intro >>>>>>>>>

QFT

If USDA dropped an album right now that @!%% would flop 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
You're totally missing the point my guy.

Originally Posted by TheSwagOfSweetJones

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Ross got cats hypnotized, he's really done a great job of making an allusion that he's the hottest in the game.USDA first album sold 95K first week with less buzz and promotion than Self Made.

The Real Is Back intro >>>>>>>>>

QFT

If USDA dropped an album right now that @!%% would flop 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
You're totally missing the point my guy.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

laugh.gif

CHUUCH

didnt ye JUST GO PLAT?

ye' spends the budget and a half.

i dont think he's ever made a video for a official single under 300k

credited writers on Dark Twisted Fantasy

Robert Diggs,
Ernest Wilson,
Jeff Bhasker,
Mike Dean,
Malik Jones
Larry Griffin Jr.,
Dean, Bhasker,
Andwele Gardner,
Ken Lewis
Warren Trotter
Justin Vernon
Gil Scott-Heron
Justin Franks,
Warren Trotter

Producers

No I.D
Jeff Bhasker
Bink!
Plain Pat
The RZA
DJ Frank E
S1

etc.....

DAWG GOT elton john.................................ELTON JOHN

LET ME GUESS , ELTON JOHN HOPPED ON "OFF THE STRENGTH" for free

Fergie
swizz beatz
Jay-z
nicki minaj
etc.

what was def jams bill for those hawaiian studio sessions?

artwork=goerge condo

A GOERGE CONDO GOES FOR 10 RACKS

MY DUDE HAD LIKE 5 COVERS......

HE SHOT A 30 MINUTE MOVIE

all for something in the range of 970k-1.1mill

to put it in prespective black rob did those numbers in 01

nicki out sold him....

Def jam was very.....very dissapointed

Why Have Sales of Kanye West's 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' Declined So Drastically?
diciembre 23, 2010
By Mariel Concepcion
http://www.billboard.biz/...autiful-1004137168.story

After topping the Billboard 200 chart a month ago with his fifth studio album, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy," which sold 496,000 copies its first week, according to Nielsen Soundscan, Kanye West has nothing short of disappeared selling 67,000 this past week.

Following his "Today" show meltdown a few weeks ago, the rapper/producer made the decision to cancel all further interviews to promote the album. One of his only public appearances since then was a performance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade where he was roundly booed. And now, after posting up to eight tweets a day on Twitter this past summer, Kanye West hasn't made as much as a peep on a social networking site since Dec. 18.

As a result, four weeks after his album was released, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" was the only non-second-week release in the top 20 to show a sales decline this week. All but 43 of the albums on the Billboard 200 chart saw an increase in sales thanks to consumers stocking up on Christmas gifts. And in the top 50 only seven sets posted a decline, including West's.

Of the seven, four are Christmas albums, which usually drop in sales around this time; two are albums in their second week on the chart, so it's natural to see a sophomore frame decrease; and one is, you guessed it, Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy," which moved down to No. 23.

Considering the album topped nearly every "Album of the Year" list, including Billboard's, the recent numbers beg the question, what caused the sudden decline? Is it the lack of physical promotion and Twittering? Did the "Today" show debacle hurt his sales? Or was it the fact that Kanye himself released almost half of the songs off the album as leaks before the actual release that caused the disinterest?

"I don't think it has much to do with him leaking half the album before it hit stores," says Carl Chery, Executive Music Editor for BET Digital. "If that was the case, I think his first week numbers would have been lower. The Matt Lauer and 'Taylor didn't defend me' rant didn't help. Up to that point it was, 'we love Kanye. Welcome back!' But shortly after that rant, he got booed at the Macys parade."

Ebro Darden, PD for New York radio station Hot 97, says that while "most albums naturally decline after the first week...we all can assume" this is occurring on such a huge scale for "Beautiful" because West isn't doing much promotions lately. The leaking of the music leading up to the album's release, Darden says, "is another good assumption" as to why his album sales are flagging.

as apposed to what?
a few lex luger beats, in house video's and a verse from gucci for 400k and 500k distributed every 11 months , and a compilation in the summer that'll top at 90k by years end?

laugh.gif

CHUUCH

didnt ye JUST GO PLAT?

Robert Diggs,
Ernest Wilson,
Jeff Bhasker,
Mike Dean,
Malik Jones
Larry Griffin Jr.,
Dean, Bhasker,
Andwele Gardner,
Ken Lewis
Warren Trotter
Justin Vernon
Gil Scott-Heron
Justin Franks,
Warren Trotter

Producers

No I.D
Jeff Bhasker
Bink!
Plain Pat
The RZA
DJ Frank E
S1

etc.....

Fergie
swizz beatz
Jay-z
nicki minaj
etc.

artwork=goerge condo

nicki out sold him....

Why Have Sales of Kanye West's 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' Declined So Drastically?
diciembre 23, 2010
By Mariel Concepcion

After topping the Billboard 200 chart a month ago with his fifth studio album, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy," which sold 496,000 copies its first week, according to Nielsen Soundscan, Kanye West has nothing short of disappeared selling 67,000 this past week.

Following his "Today" show meltdown a few weeks ago, the rapper/producer made the decision to cancel all further interviews to promote the album. One of his only public appearances since then was a performance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade where he was roundly booed. And now, after posting up to eight tweets a day on Twitter this past summer, Kanye West hasn't made as much as a peep on a social networking site since Dec. 18.

As a result, four weeks after his album was released, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" was the only non-second-week release in the top 20 to show a sales decline this week. All but 43 of the albums on the Billboard 200 chart saw an increase in sales thanks to consumers stocking up on Christmas gifts. And in the top 50 only seven sets posted a decline, including West's.

Of the seven, four are Christmas albums, which usually drop in sales around this time; two are albums in their second week on the chart, so it's natural to see a sophomore frame decrease; and one is, you guessed it, Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy," which moved down to No. 23.

Considering the album topped nearly every "Album of the Year" list, including Billboard's, the recent numbers beg the question, what caused the sudden decline? Is it the lack of physical promotion and Twittering? Did the "Today" show debacle hurt his sales? Or was it the fact that Kanye himself released almost half of the songs off the album as leaks before the actual release that caused the disinterest?

"I don't think it has much to do with him leaking half the album before it hit stores," says Carl Chery, Executive Music Editor for BET Digital. "If that was the case, I think his first week numbers would have been lower. The Matt Lauer and 'Taylor didn't defend me' rant didn't help. Up to that point it was, 'we love Kanye. Welcome back!' But shortly after that rant, he got booed at the Macys parade."

Ebro Darden, PD for New York radio station Hot 97, says that while "most albums naturally decline after the first week...we all can assume" this is occurring on such a huge scale for "Beautiful" because West isn't doing much promotions lately. The leaking of the music leading up to the album's release, Darden says, "is another good assumption" as to why his album sales are flagging.

as apposed to what?
a few lex luger beats, in house video's and a verse from gucci for 400k and 500k distributed every 11 months , and a compilation in the summer that'll top at 90k by years end?

2008: Trilla
2009: Deeper Than Rap
2010: Teflon Don
2011: God Forgives, I Don't

^see a trend?????

+2 compilations

rememember when Nelly's last album did 4 mill
and his new "hit" single" "Party People"(featuring Fergie) was at #40
then "Body on Me"(featuring Ashanti & Akon) went to #42
but "Brass Knuckles " just couldnt get a release date....

yeah u couldve beat me to death with "oh the label this , the label that.......ludacris does 700k.... sweat/suit did 4 mill...country grammar did blah blah......"
"he gotta hit with fergie last year"

then your usual
"when this song with jermain dupri drop tho
nerd.gif
"

"Stepped on My J'z"
(featuring Jermaine Dupri & Ciara).....#90

but one day that mother %%*%%+ gotta drop......................

"Brass Knuckles debuted at number three on the Billboard 200 selling 83,717 copies in its first week, then it dropped off the Billboard 200 eight weeks later"

but then again jeezy is bigger than nelly ever was so he good
roll.gif

2008: Trilla
2009: Deeper Than Rap
2010: Teflon Don
2011: God Forgives, I Don't

^see a trend?????

+2 compilations

rememember when Nelly's last album did 4 mill
and his new "hit" single" "Party People"(featuring Fergie) was at #40
then "Body on Me"(featuring Ashanti & Akon) went to #42
but "Brass Knuckles " just couldnt get a release date....

yeah u couldve beat me to death with "oh the label this , the label that.......ludacris does 700k.... sweat/suit did 4 mill...country grammar did blah blah......"
"he gotta hit with fergie last year"

then your usual
"when this song with jermain dupri drop tho
nerd.gif
"

"Stepped on My J'z"
(featuring Jermaine Dupri & Ciara).....#90

but one day that mother %%*%%+ gotta drop......................

"Brass Knuckles debuted at number three on the Billboard 200 selling 83,717 copies in its first week, then it dropped off the Billboard 200 eight weeks later"

but then again jeezy is bigger than nelly ever was so he good
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Wait a minute, Ross got dropped from Def Jam?! I wonder what Def Jam is thinkin' to themselves right now...

Dude fullfilled his contract & Def Jam didnt resign him Ross doesnt sell albums (with bigger budgets) his biggest single was that song with T-Pain. For whatever reason his bigger songs dont even chart well. 
Jeezy sells records (3 platinum albums) a slew of platinum singles a much bigger and lucrative catalog who would you keep?
Hmmmm. Based off wha you jus' said, I would keep Jeezy.
But Ross SEEMS to have the rap game in the palms of his hands.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Wait a minute, Ross got dropped from Def Jam?! I wonder what Def Jam is thinkin' to themselves right now...

Dude fullfilled his contract & Def Jam didnt resign him Ross doesnt sell albums (with bigger budgets) his biggest single was that song with T-Pain. For whatever reason his bigger songs dont even chart well. 
Jeezy sells records (3 platinum albums) a slew of platinum singles a much bigger and lucrative catalog who would you keep?
Hmmmm. Based off wha you jus' said, I would keep Jeezy.
But Ross SEEMS to have the rap game in the palms of his hands.

Originally Posted by 2o6

laugh.gif

CHUUCH

didnt ye JUST GO PLAT?

Robert Diggs,
Ernest Wilson,
Jeff Bhasker,
Mike Dean,
Malik Jones
Larry Griffin Jr.,
Dean, Bhasker,
Andwele Gardner,
Ken Lewis
Warren Trotter
Justin Vernon
Gil Scott-Heron
Justin Franks,
Warren Trotter

Producers

No I.D
Jeff Bhasker
Bink!
Plain Pat
The RZA
DJ Frank E
S1

etc.....

Fergie
swizz beatz
Jay-z
nicki minaj
etc.

artwork=goerge condo

nicki out sold him....

diciembre 23, 2010
By Mariel Concepcion

as apposed to what?

What this gotta do with Jeezy tho
roll.gif
Kanye done dominated the rap game and made Def Jam money. Has the BAWSE done that?

Originally Posted by 2o6

laugh.gif

CHUUCH

didnt ye JUST GO PLAT?

Robert Diggs,
Ernest Wilson,
Jeff Bhasker,
Mike Dean,
Malik Jones
Larry Griffin Jr.,
Dean, Bhasker,
Andwele Gardner,
Ken Lewis
Warren Trotter
Justin Vernon
Gil Scott-Heron
Justin Franks,
Warren Trotter

Producers

No I.D
Jeff Bhasker
Bink!
Plain Pat
The RZA
DJ Frank E
S1

etc.....

Fergie
swizz beatz
Jay-z
nicki minaj
etc.

artwork=goerge condo

nicki out sold him....

diciembre 23, 2010
By Mariel Concepcion

as apposed to what?

What this gotta do with Jeezy tho
roll.gif
Kanye done dominated the rap game and made Def Jam money. Has the BAWSE done that?

kanye>ross , im not debating that.

and i mentioned it because ye's DEF JAM'S biggest rap artist.

If Ross don't stop using the BMF beat slightly changed for every song he does his +@$@ will grow old.

If Ross don't stop using the BMF beat slightly changed for every song he does his +@$@ will grow old.

Not sure why you're comparing a perennial multiplatinum rockstar's budget to a gold selling artist tho.

Not sure why you're comparing a perennial multiplatinum rockstar's budget to a gold selling artist tho.

Ross got cats hypnotized, he's really done a great job of making an illusion that he's the hottest in the game.USDA first album sold 95K first week with less buzz and promotion than Self Made.

^^^Co-Sign The numbers don't lie this is Ross second group to release a album & it's Flopped just like Triple C's album. All the hype he created with "Selfmade" taking over MTV Jams, posting videos, & running his mouth on Twitter all that for a Flop of a album. But like homie said Ross got ya'll hypnotized with all the isssh he talks about how Maybach Music is a empire. Jeezy is a "PLATINUM" artist Ross is a "GOLD" artist. Jeezy singles do better on the billboard charts than Ross, Jeezy's mixtapes are wayyy better than Ross's this is really the isn't a argument  but let NT & the internet tell it Ross is killing Jeezy 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Ross has created a larger than life image for himself & majority of ya'll dudes have been buying into it. I guess ya'll believe that Ross "is 2x platinum just like his Ferrari"
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Ross got cats hypnotized, he's really done a great job of making an illusion that he's the hottest in the game.USDA first album sold 95K first week with less buzz and promotion than Self Made.

^^^Co-Sign The numbers don't lie this is Ross second group to release a album & it's Flopped just like Triple C's album. All the hype he created with "Selfmade" taking over MTV Jams, posting videos, & running his mouth on Twitter all that for a Flop of a album. But like homie said Ross got ya'll hypnotized with all the isssh he talks about how Maybach Music is a empire. Jeezy is a "PLATINUM" artist Ross is a "GOLD" artist. Jeezy singles do better on the billboard charts than Ross, Jeezy's mixtapes are wayyy better than Ross's this is really the isn't a argument  but let NT & the internet tell it Ross is killing Jeezy 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Ross has created a larger than life image for himself & majority of ya'll dudes have been buying into it. I guess ya'll believe that Ross "is 2x platinum just like his Ferrari"
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 2o6

Kanye is one of MUSIC'S (not hip-hop) mainstay artists tho and caked up with Def Jam. If MBDTF didn't sell as much as his past stuff they'll look the other way bc Ye's body of work with them.

Back
Top Bottom