-Young Jeezy- "The real is back 2" Hosted by DJ Drama (Out now!) "TM:103" (OUT NOW!)

Originally Posted by 2o6

kanye>ross , im not debating that.

and i mentioned it because ye's DEF JAM'S biggest rap artist.

Kanye is one of MUSIC'S (not hip-hop) mainstay artists tho and caked up with Def Jam. If MBDTF didn't sell as much as his past stuff they'll look the other way bc Ye's body of work with them.

To sum it up Ross is a facade , mirage and when it's all said and done Jeezy is at the end of it. Ross is winning in the popularity contest Yes.But, when it comes to selling records Jeezy is the go to man.

To sum it up Ross is a facade , mirage and when it's all said and done Jeezy is at the end of it. Ross is winning in the popularity contest Yes.But, when it comes to selling records Jeezy is the go to man.

I think the fallacy with Ross is dudes thinking having a big internet presence = dominant artist and its just not true. He goes on a artist signing string [even tho only artists he signed that has dropped a studio album was Wale] and dudes thinking he making power moves when Pill, Meek, Stalley are just young gunners. Ross comes out with these 1080P HD videos that have a grandeur appearance every month or so and dudes equate that with "well he must be selling good if he's able to shoot all these videos. Rick Ross is the KING of facades, its not a knock on him but he really is doing a damn good job of making his presence in hip-hop seem more than it is especially since BMF. Rick Ross was seen by in large the biggest artist of 2010, even tho Kanye is his first week sold basically what TD sold for the entire year, Drake had more successful singles and etc. So I never get the knock on Jeezy Lose My Mind was probably in top 10 most played songs in 2010 on urban radio, I need to check BDS and Mediabase and in comparison Lose My Mind from a mixtape performed better on the Billboard charts than BMF did from a mixtape. Oh and Lose My Mind was also nominated for a Grammy. I'm not even tryna carry water for Jeezy but like I said Ross puts on a great illusion that seems to have people hypnotized, yall be sh-ting on Jeezy son has 2 consecutive #1 albums and with 3 platinum certifications. Ross last year at his highest peak in his career could barely scratch gold. His buzz obviously isn't as strong as it once was but dudes still check for him, but ever since the Gucci incident its been cool to throw dirt.

I think the fallacy with Ross is dudes thinking having a big internet presence = dominant artist and its just not true. He goes on a artist signing string [even tho only artists he signed that has dropped a studio album was Wale] and dudes thinking he making power moves when Pill, Meek, Stalley are just young gunners. Ross comes out with these 1080P HD videos that have a grandeur appearance every month or so and dudes equate that with "well he must be selling good if he's able to shoot all these videos. Rick Ross is the KING of facades, its not a knock on him but he really is doing a damn good job of making his presence in hip-hop seem more than it is especially since BMF. Rick Ross was seen by in large the biggest artist of 2010, even tho Kanye is his first week sold basically what TD sold for the entire year, Drake had more successful singles and etc. So I never get the knock on Jeezy Lose My Mind was probably in top 10 most played songs in 2010 on urban radio, I need to check BDS and Mediabase and in comparison Lose My Mind from a mixtape performed better on the Billboard charts than BMF did from a mixtape. Oh and Lose My Mind was also nominated for a Grammy. I'm not even tryna carry water for Jeezy but like I said Ross puts on a great illusion that seems to have people hypnotized, yall be sh-ting on Jeezy son has 2 consecutive #1 albums and with 3 platinum certifications. Ross last year at his highest peak in his career could barely scratch gold. His buzz obviously isn't as strong as it once was but dudes still check for him, but ever since the Gucci incident its been cool to throw dirt.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

didnt Jay do the same tho, he dropped Black Album in 2003 with the facade of "im the goat , i been hot for 10 summers at #1)
when his first commercial success came in 97' and he was doing half the numbers of DMX,50,em,nelly,jarule,outkast. etc

jay doing 2-3 mill to those guys 5-6 mill =/= ross doin 300-500k to drake,ye's 900-1.1 mill

didnt Jay do the same tho, he dropped Black Album in 2003 with the facade of "im the goat , i been hot for 10 summers at #1)
when his first commercial success came in 97' and he was doing half the numbers of DMX,50,em,nelly,jarule,outkast. etc

jay doing 2-3 mill to those guys 5-6 mill =/= ross doin 300-500k to drake,ye's 900-1.1 mill

Originally Posted by 2o6

Once again it isnt the same because cats like jay and kanye are more than just rappers these %*$$+% are icons
laugh.gif
. Ross isnt on that level and IMO wont ever reach that level. So Def Jam is willing to put up with lost money off an album because im pretty sure they recoup ALL of that money plus more over other ventures.
And what is this "Facade" you speak of......  It's Biggie, Pac, Jay, or Em period.... Everyone can have their own opinions on whos really the best but at the end of the day the general public is going to throw those names out as the goat. All you have to do is look at who's on top of the rap game now and see where ALL of them got their influence from.

Originally Posted by 2o6

Once again it isnt the same because cats like jay and kanye are more than just rappers these %*$$+% are icons
laugh.gif
. Ross isnt on that level and IMO wont ever reach that level. So Def Jam is willing to put up with lost money off an album because im pretty sure they recoup ALL of that money plus more over other ventures.
And what is this "Facade" you speak of......  It's Biggie, Pac, Jay, or Em period.... Everyone can have their own opinions on whos really the best but at the end of the day the general public is going to throw those names out as the goat. All you have to do is look at who's on top of the rap game now and see where ALL of them got their influence from.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by cartune

Wait a minute, Ross got dropped from Def Jam?! I wonder what Def Jam is thinkin' to themselves right now...

Dude fullfilled his contract & Def Jam didnt resign him Ross doesnt sell albums (with bigger budgets) his biggest single was that song with T-Pain. For whatever reason his bigger songs dont even chart well. 
Jeezy sells records (3 platinum albums) a slew of platinum singles a much bigger and lucrative catalog who would you keep?
Hmmmm. Based off wha you jus' said, I would keep Jeezy.
But Ross SEEMS to have the rap game in the palms of his hands.

Looks can be deceiving champ.  Not to mention, all that glitters aint gold. 

Originally Posted by cartune

Wait a minute, Ross got dropped from Def Jam?! I wonder what Def Jam is thinkin' to themselves right now...

Dude fullfilled his contract & Def Jam didnt resign him Ross doesnt sell albums (with bigger budgets) his biggest single was that song with T-Pain. For whatever reason his bigger songs dont even chart well. 
Jeezy sells records (3 platinum albums) a slew of platinum singles a much bigger and lucrative catalog who would you keep?
Hmmmm. Based off wha you jus' said, I would keep Jeezy.
But Ross SEEMS to have the rap game in the palms of his hands.

Looks can be deceiving champ.  Not to mention, all that glitters aint gold. 

Originally Posted by 2o6

ten #1 albums during the first week it dropped. he's also the 3rd best selling rapper ever.

Originally Posted by 2o6

ten #1 albums during the first week it dropped. he's also the 3rd best selling rapper ever.

Originally Posted by MontellGriffin97

all im going to say is quality > quantity. Thats where Ross is smashing jeezy. In every since of the rap game too, not just music.
hook. line. sinker.

all im going to say is quality > quantity. Thats where Ross is smashing jeezy. In every since of the rap game too, not just music.
hook. line. sinker.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

hook. line. sinker.

What you like or don't like is subjective. For some people Jeezy > Ross and the downloads/sales show this.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

hook. line. sinker.

What you like or don't like is subjective. For some people Jeezy > Ross and the downloads/sales show this.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by 2o6

Isn't it like 11 or 12 now?

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by 2o6

Isn't it like 11 or 12 now?

All I can say is around my way the hood hood rocks with Jeezy super hard. Not that they dont rock with Ross cause they do.... But let a Jeezy tape come out #ItsAWrap

All I can say is around my way the hood hood rocks with Jeezy super hard. Not that they dont rock with Ross cause they do.... But let a Jeezy tape come out #ItsAWrap

Jeezy problem is himself...seem like dude is back tracking from the recession (which imo was a damn good album) last year his mixtapes were duds..I dont give a damn how many downloads they had...it doesn't make them good tapes, and hopefully its just the tapes and not TM103...I can live with bad tapes, but a good album. Funny tho def jam dropped ross because he's only a "gold artist" but the recession as good as it was only went gold, now the guy they kept is struggling to get his album out, TM103 whenever it does release will just go gold...so honestly you have a gold artist vs another gold artist if we talking ross and jeezy. (I still think going gold during these times is good, especially when its consistent)

Jeezy problem is himself...seem like dude is back tracking from the recession (which imo was a damn good album) last year his mixtapes were duds..I dont give a damn how many downloads they had...it doesn't make them good tapes, and hopefully its just the tapes and not TM103...I can live with bad tapes, but a good album. Funny tho def jam dropped ross because he's only a "gold artist" but the recession as good as it was only went gold, now the guy they kept is struggling to get his album out, TM103 whenever it does release will just go gold...so honestly you have a gold artist vs another gold artist if we talking ross and jeezy. (I still think going gold during these times is good, especially when its consistent)

Back
Top Bottom