Your first Jordan... how it all started for you.

I had og fire red iv when I was a baby. Parents weren’t spending crazy money for my kicks back then. AF1 was the most they spent and that was only once a yr. But the one pair I can say that started it for me was my was the 02 AJ VII french blue. Cut lawns for 2wks and got them on clearance for $80 at dicks sports

Raised in a single parent house. No silver spoons in my mouth. 1st pair of sneakers I even remember were some red and white Converses. Dr. J's maybe, I forget.
Then went thru stages of rocking Avias, Kangaroos, British Knights, and Cons.
I eventually graduated to my former go-to's, AF1's.
Wasn't til I was old enough/paid enough to buy my own shoes, did I finally cop the black and red XIII's.
It changed my whole perspective on sneakers...

If I remember correctly these were my first nikes for whatever thats worth
9f1fafb1-733b-49c9-b122-3bcfb84ec960__L.jpg

before this i was a reebok blacktop man

Last edited:
My first pair was the bugs bunny in 1993, the 8. A friend of mine had the aqua. We played basket ball in my garden. The shoes had no limit. For me the OG 8´s are the most comfortable shoes of all time.
The year before, i saw in a catalog (yes at this time you could see air jordan in catalog), the air Jordan 7 Bordeaux. And my eyes were so in love, i was so sad when i saw it, hey mom i want this pair. The year later i got my air jordan 8 bugs bunny. It was a good deal!
I have just one picture of me with the shoe, but we don’t see the whole shoe on the picture.
In 2013 i bought the air jordan 8 retro bugs bunny, i was alone to buy these shoes. When i received the pair i understood why. Everything was different. Only the colorway was good.
In 1993 i gave my pair to my neighbourhood, i knew him, same age, my pair was destroyed after 6 month playing outdoor in my garden, and he came back 2 days after, and he told me, i have a bad news and a good one. Did you love your shoes? He had done a deconstruction and told the good news, he showed me the air sole unit in the forefoot!!
At this time for me it was not important. I was more intelligent when i was young.

The first picture i saw of NBA player was Magic Johnson when he came in Paris in 1991. My father told me that they was the most taller people of the planet, and with Russ player, it was the most impressiv team of all time.
The second it was Michael Jordan, against the Lakers in 1991, or a giant poster.
And the third i remember the poster Barkley against Michael, game 4 1991, he had this nasty look, i was afraid by MJ. I thought he was the devil.
One year later i watched the 1992 final, every game, with my grand father, i was hill so i couldn’t go to the school during 2 weeks and after i watched all the pre tournament game in Portland.
I also had the Huarache of Leattner, and the Reebok ShaqAttack and the 96 Kemp shoes.

Last edited:
85. 5 years old.

Copped at Stride Rite. I didn't know the difference between the Nikes and the Stadias. Pops got me right. Lesson learned.

Jordan was the talk of the town and I had his shoes. It made me start to pay attention to what was on people's feet.

By the time the 3's dropped, it was an obsession.

My dad handed down his favorite sneaker of all time to me

The Jordan 2
He loved the fact they were made in Italy while still being a basketball shoe at the time

Still have them, there obliterated lmao but still have them

85. 5 years old.

Copped at Stride Rite. I didn't know the difference between the Nikes and the Stadias. Pops got me right. Lesson learned.

Jordan was the talk of the town and I had his shoes. It made me start to pay attention to what was on people's feet.

all i cared about was atari/he man and nintendo/ninja turtles during that stretch

2000..My original plan was to get the infrared 6s, if my memory serves me correctly they came out on a Wednesday. Me not knowing that shoes sold out,I went on Friday to cop. Sold out !!!! I ended up settling for the white/ metallic silver retro 5s

OG 1s. I was wearing the biggest youth size before jumping up to adult otherwise my mother would have never sprung for them.
photo.php

Picked up my second pair (some 11s) recently some 34 years later

My first pair was the Wht/Red/Met Silver pair...fell in love with J's after that. I was kind of let down when I got my pair because it was a kids pair and didn't have the air bubble haha I remember seeing the blk/silver pair and the grape pair and just being obsessed.

85. 5 years old.

Not gonna lie....I thought you were telling us you are 85 1/2 years old and a Jordan fanatic. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My first pair was the 2006 Jordan V Fire Red. I was born in '94 and being from England, exposure and opportunity to buy Jordan's was limited when I was growing up. I visited Flight Club in LA in 2009 and made my first purchase. My first Jordan shoe full stop was the Melo 5.5 in Black/University Blue. A horrible shoe in hindsight but I wore them to play basketball and nothing else.

Cross posted from the Jordan IV thread...

Always love the throwback stories...

It’s a long read and I think I’ve posted my story in the past, but what the hell...Black / Red IV’s were the first Jordan’s I really wanted back in the day...My brother had a couple pairs of 1’s but that bug didn’t bite me until a few years later...Saw them in person late in the school year of ‘89...Went to the store to get my yearly birthday sneakers that July and my mom wasn’t even considering the price...Ended up with some AF2’s, which I loved, but they weren’t the Jordan’s...

Decided right then to save every bit of birthday money, allowances, and scratch I could until I had enough for them...Come December, with the cash I’d gotten from Christmas that year I had enough...Went to the store and they were long gone in my size...

Left dejected and empty handed...I was burned and didn’t even want to think about sneakers at that point...

Fast forward a couple months, my Forces we’re toast and my parents kept bugging me about how I needed a new pair...Finally settled on the Twilight Zone Pumps a friend of mine laced...Went to the store and THEY DIDN'T HAVE THEM IN MY SIZE!...I was done, ready to get some takedowns and leave, until my dad talked me into the Fire Red V’s (The NEW Jordan’s) that the salesman pulled out of the back saying they’d just got them in...Long story ~ long, my first Jordan’s were a pair that I got purely because the two other pairs I’d wanted weren’t available...

Loved the V’s just like every pair of shoes I’d gotten from that point on but they weren’t that fresh black and red pair I first saw...

When 1999 rolled around I ended up with three pairs wore them all to death...Got one pair of the CDP’s and hated them...Got one of the ‘12 pairs and really, really hated them...Here we are on the 2019’s and I’m looking for the double up on the 4th...

To add...My dad did surprise me with a pair of the Twilight Zone Pumps a few weeks later from a different store...Got a good report card and he knew how much effort I put in for the 4’s only to miss out on them...

Didnt start rocking jordans until late 90s i wanna say coincidentally the 99 black & red 4s was my first pair ...never liked jordan the player & i rocked with uptowns(air 1s) & other nike nba basketball players (duncan garnett kidd barkley webber pippen penny etc ) more thruout the 90s more then anything else so yeah if im not mistaken the 4s was first...only really cared for the 2s/3s & 4s in certain colorways when it comes down to jordan kicks

Classic, underrated hoop shoe from Spring '95. I wanted a pair of these so bad, but never got them - even to this day.
nah it was definitely 94. I was like 6 or 7 deep in return exchange pairs from Nike by the time spring 95 hit. After these I wore
nike-air-way-up-black-white-5.jpg
worst traction of all time
6100b94375eeb5b038dbaec508975972.jpg
these in black
Air-2-Strong-Mid-EUR425-US9-UK8-Nike.jpg
l.jpg

and a couple low end Nikes that I cant find

Yea, I think you're right re: the date. I guess spring comes early here in CA. :lol: I was only 12 at the time, but I remember that colorway being available in-store in early '95.

nah it was definitely 94. I was like 6 or 7 deep in return exchange pairs from Nike by the time spring 95 hit. After these I wore
nike-air-way-up-black-white-5.jpg
worst traction of all time
6100b94375eeb5b038dbaec508975972.jpg
these in black
Air-2-Strong-Mid-EUR425-US9-UK8-Nike.jpg
l.jpg

and a couple low end Nikes that I cant find
Air ups one of the goat b-ball shoes

1985. I was 8 years old. Metallic Blue Sky Jordan. I got them for getting all As on my report card. But... what truly got me hooked was the fire red IVs in 89! 1989 was(and still is) the worst year in my family’s lives. We lost my dad, my uncle and my baby nephew within a span of six months. Long story short, at the end of 89, my mom went to Vegas, had a good weekend and brought me back the fire red IVs!! Needless to say, ill never have another love affair with a shoe like I will have with the fire red IVs!!

My first Jordans were the both the Charcoal and Hare 7s. They had a sale at footlocker for kids pairs since they sat so long here so my mom got me both so I had a black pair and a white pair of shoes. Loved Michael Jordan and was ecstatic to have his shoes. But me being a kid I tore them up, ran in mud with them and my mom swore she would never get me a pair again. Had cheap shoes for the longest time and didn't care for Jordans anymore until I went to visit a client and his caregiver had on Jordan Flights. Made me change my perspective and I thought I needed to step up my game since if someone who takes care of my client had Jordans I should be in better shoes myself. Bought a grey and teal Jordan 1 mid and then started to get retro pairs I liked based on years I was into basketball as a kid.

Back
Top Bottom