Your first Jordan... how it all started for you.

Finally persuaded mom dukes to cop some Js in 04 for school. Walked in store in the late afternoon and the Olympic 7s still has some sizes left. :pimp:

Pretty sure there was already a thread like this... but my first Js were the white/navy 16s on clearance, my junior year of HS (I was probably 16). Always wanted Js back in the day... hell, I'm from Chicago and I actually go to watch him win the final 3 peat. However I grew up less fortunate than I am now... no way my dad was ever paying for em, and the only way my mom would buy is if it were on deep discount (which luckily they were).

1985 I was 19 years old, I was home on leave from the Army visiting my parents and family for Christmas, I was stationed in Germany in the Army so being home was nice to catch up on all things going on stateside. I was in a Kohl’s dept. store with my mom, saw the Chicago ones on the shelf, pulled a pair of size 10.5 down to look at, I didn’t try them on, I felt at the time that the colors were way to “flashy” for me to play ball in and I was also put off by the price of $65...yeah I know but that was a lot for a guy who was earning about $300 twice a month. Fast forward a week later and under the tree on Christmas morning my mom had seen me looking at them in Kohls and went back and bought them unbeknownst to me. I flew back to Germany about a week after and broke them out to play in...I hated playing in them right away, didn’t feel better than Chucks but cost way more, I was disappointed in them but gave them maybe two more try’s and then I put them back in the box for good. They stayed with me until sometime in the early ninetys, I happened to be strolling through a local flea market in NorCal, I was wearing infrared 6’s or the red/black 7’s and a guy walked up to me and asked me about the J’s I was wearing, at some point he pulls a full page color copy out of his wallet that had pictures of a bunch of different shoes and of of course the AJ 1’s on it, he asked if I had any of them that he had pictures of, I pointed to the ones and he asked me what size and if they were decent, I told him I wore them 3 times, he told he’d give me $300 for them without seeing them, I told him SOLD!

Air-Jordan-1-Retro-Black-Blue-2001-Product.jpg

2001 Black and royal Jordan one
I remember my mom took me uptown to Harlem to cop them
immediately went back within like 2 weeks to grab black and reds

Different world back then man, alot easier to grab what you wanted the problem was having the bread to do it :rofl:

From photographic evidence it would be the fire red Vs with the 23 on the side. They were hand me downs.
From what I can remember it was the Bordeaux 7s. 92. Went with my dad and bought them from a mom and pop store downtown. I can vividly remember trying them on in the store. Running around in them. Pretending to do jump stops, jab steps, etc because these were going to be my upcoming basketball season shoes. I'm also pretty sure my old man copped the suede cleaner as well for them.
Putting those things on you couldn't tell me nothing.

Was in the 6th grade, right around the time the 13’s dropped. The white/reds were dope but then the ‘Flints’ dropped.

Been a personal grail ever since. Momma couldn’t afford nothing more than them clunky Lugz boots. Bought them the instant I had my first job.

first pair would be III's as a toddler. back when they were on the shelves and retros weren't a thing.
sadly I never had another pair until I got a job and worked for them because we couldn't afford them.

My parents never bought me any Js since were poor. All I got was one payless shoe per year. Wasnt until I saved up enough money during college until I got my first pair. It was a used pair of Pure Money 3s off of ebay. These days I can buy whatever shoes I want.

First pair were the infrared vi when I was about 4..First pair I bought on my own, black/gold patent leather ones in high school...

Black/Infrared 6s. Moms woke me up from a nap one day and took me to the mall. Random as hell, but she paid the 80 bucks for em. My bro and sis were jealous as all get out, but I was swaggin on em.

Low top blue XIV! My first retro was the Space Jams for Christmas. Loved how those had Jumpman Jam on the tongue. I was surprised when I got the Columbias and it said Jumpman Jordan (obviously never owned an XI before those). I would just stare at the shoes on the retro card while eating like it was the back of a cereal box haha.

969648E8-9A53-44D9-8934-8857B6C5C322.jpeg

My 1st bday in 1986. This was my 1st pair, but 1st pair I remember getting in store was the Bordeaux VII. After that I was hooked.

Back in 85 bought first pair of royal blue 1s at a mom n pop shop. Size 6 youth. Back then youth Jordan’s had sky Jordan on the wings logo not Air Jordan. To first see a air bubble in the air max 1 was so out of this world. I actually liked the air revolution back in 88. It was great to witness it for the first time back then.

Back
Top Bottom