Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate them

• Hate one but not the other

• Total voters
View media item 154928
Seriously he's the GOAT.

Dude invented the word SLAM Dunk and other basketball playing calling words that other announcers still use today.

He called the Lakers games for a streak of over 5,000 games without ever missing a game.

If your under 30 or didn't grow up in LA or Socal then you probably never heard him call Laker games and don't understand how great he was.

Last edited:
Kevin will be back to work for the Sonics soon enough :D

Of the Top 3 reasons why I want a team back (other than just having the NBA back in Seattle), having KC back in his rightful place might be #1.

Agreed he's on the the best in the business. He does the Huskies basketball games for the Pac-12 network so I still get to hear him but having him back doing Sonics games will be awesome....one day...

agreed, I didn't really like Ireland in the beginning but he's really grown on me

I did too I think Stu and him had some problems. Ireland is a better option but seems like a douche at times.

Tommy Heinsohn, the GOAT homer announcer. 
nthat.gif
Long live Tommy.
pimp.gif

I cringe each time I hear Scal broadcasting games. Maybe he'll get better as he goes along but dude is awkwardly bad right now.
laugh.gif

Clyde Frazier is the worst bar none. He's so annoying idk how they have not fired him yet. iI used to watch MSG on mute cause I couldn't stand to hear him talk. Dominique Wilkins is also terrible he really thinks the Hawks are good. makes my blood boil man

Last edited:
View media item 155617
Good Lord I hate them. I mean Stacey is ok even though his homerism can be overwhelming , but every game I want to punch Neil Funk in the face, EVERY Game!!! :smh:

Last edited:
Local used to be Kevin Calabro who is awesome. As a Wolves fan though, the guy they had for 15 years or so was eh and the new guy is so-so. Kevin Harlan got his start with the Wolves though and that was around KG's early years. Very fun listening to that.

The best are in baseball though. Baseball radio, even further.

Last edited:
Kings commentators are absolutely unbearable. "IF YOU DONT LIKE THAT, YOU DONT LIKE NBA BASKETBALL!"

And the horrible nicknames they give to their players:

"Big Spence" Spencer Hawes
Jon "Brockness Monster" Brockman
Tyrekin Havoc evans

Also, the season before 2009 draft, Kings had the worst record in the league, and they kept predicting they would get #1 pick and Blake Griffin, repeatedly stating that he would fit in perfectly with the Kings offensive system :rofl:

Seriously, there were times at UC Davis (my alma mater near Sacramento), where I put the games on mute.

Back
Top Bottom