Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

best Caribbean island for a weekend getaway?

I wish the Caribbean was close enough to be a “Weekend getaway”. I’m so use to flying 3+ hours to get anywhere, that I forget how close the rest of the country is to each other.

Last edited:
With that being said.
Got back from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
In my experience, everyone was wearing a mask, they had a full body sanitize spray (including feet) anytime you walked into a store/restaurant, no nightlife allowed.
My family mentioned that the police caught a dude with no mask and 8 policemen beat him up. It was televised nationwide and now everyone wears a mask
F21411D1-C55B-4592-84EB-F5B67B278AA0.jpeg
7C3DF5FA-9397-4082-8594-8DE0E1B627F6.jpeg
EC213922-57E5-4BDF-A3DC-9313844E9964.jpeg
EA0B7C13-38D7-4BC5-86E0-54C1CF62E1A0.jpeg

I miss traveling. My sense of adventure hasn’t felt fulfilled recently.
The new friends you meet in hostels.
The first time trying the foods.
The landmarks you only see in pics but finally get to see them with your own eyes.
The language barrier Asking for directions.
Been watching a lot of travel bloggers on YouTube.
Anybody got any recommendations? Lol

Booked Rhode Island for the end of September. Food/site/activity recommendations would be appreciated :nerd: .

I"m not going anywhere.
Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic are cheap all the time. Not worth wearing a mask and have illness anxiety on "vacation".
My boy paid $400 for a flight to DR next week :rofl:. That flight should be $200.

I"m not going anywhere.
Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic are cheap all the time. Not worth wearing a mask and have illness anxiety on "vacation".
My boy paid $400 for a flight to DR next week :rofl:. That flight should be $200.
Depends on who you fly with because it was always around $500 roundtrip with Southwest and that was the cheapest

I"m not going anywhere.
My boy paid $400 for a flight to DR next week :rofl:

Jamaica never been cheap. Show me the way Nacho. That’s $500 per flight and $400-$700 a night depending on where you’re laying up. That doesn’t even include weed, booze and festivities.

Heading down to Long Beach on the 20th just to hang out and get away.
I've actually been sheltering in place since I was laid off in March and with the trip to Japan cancelled earlier this year I'm going nuts.

I'll probably be going to Seattle(first time) the first week of december as well.

after all this COVID, the waifu wants to go to Tulum, but i'm trying to go to Japan.

Last edited:
This year has been ****. Ruined a lot of lives and all my plans.

I hope that there's something to combat the corona, if not, getaways are on hold.

However, if we can get back to living ....

Peru
Spain
Thailand
Maldives

Are all back on.

I hope that there's something to combat the corona, if not, getaways are on hold.

Peru
Spain
Thailand
Maldives

Are all back on.

I just don’t know how to ever get back to vacationing. With lockdowns, travel restrictions and bans, quarantine stipulations, restaurants being closed, hotels closing, etc. I don’t even know how to travel anymore. Can’t even eat a buffet at a damn all inclusive resort if you wanted to :lol:

I’m thinking about planning some state travel while I bide my time. Yosemite or Yellowstone. Anybody ever been to either? Seems like too much stuff to do without having someone plan it out for you.

I just don’t know how to ever get back to vacationing. With lockdowns, travel restrictions and bans, quarantine stipulations, restaurants being closed, hotels closing, etc. I don’t even know how to travel anymore. Can’t even eat a buffet at a damn all inclusive resort if you wanted to :lol:

I’m thinking about planning some state travel while I bide my time. Yosemite or Yellowstone. Anybody ever been to either? Seems like too much stuff to do without having someone plan it out for you.
You're absolutely right.

One of the things i was looking forward on my Peru trip was the food, but like you mentioned, how?

That's why i said, unless there's a sure thing that will combat the virus, i can't.

Peru
Spain
Thailand
Maldives

Are all back on.

Maldives is open.

All countries open to the US with no restrictions:
  • Albania
  • Belarus
  • Brazil
  • Dominican Republic
  • Kosovo
  • Maldives
  • Mexico
  • North Macedonia
  • Serbia
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey

Open with restrictionsto US citizens

• Antigua and Barbuda Negative Covid-19 test result within 7 days
  • Armenia Negative Covid-19 test at airport or 14-day mandatory quarantine
  • Aruba Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • Barbados Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • Bermuda Negative Covid-19 test result within 5 days + $75
  • Cambodia Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours + $3,000 Covid-19 deposit
  • Costa Rica Negative Covid-19 test result within 48 hours, travel insurance and health form
  • Croatia Negative Covid-19 test result within 48 hours
  • Dominica Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • Ecuador Mandatory 14 day quarantine and negative Covid-19 test result within 7 days
  • Egypt Negative Covid-19 test result within 48 hours
  • French Polynesia Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • Grenada Negative Covid-19 rapid result test result on arrival
  • Haiti Mandatory 14 day quarantine
  • Honduras Negative Covid-19 rapid result test result on arrival
  • Ireland Self-isolate for 14 days
  • Jamaica Negative Covid-19 test result within 10 days
  • Malta Must transit through a safe corridor country after staying 14 days in that country
  • Montenegro Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • Rwanda Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • South Korea Mandatory 14 day quarantine
  • St. Barts Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • St. Lucia Negative Covid-19 test result within 7 days
  • St. Maarten Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • St. Vincent and Grenadines Covid-19 test on arrival with mandatory 24 hour quarantine while awaiting results
  • Tanzania Covid-19 tests on arrival
  • Turks and Caicos Negative Covid-19 test result within 5 days
  • Ukraine Download app, test upon arrival, 24 hours self isolation
  • United Arab Emirates Only Dubai is open, all other Emirates are closed
  • United Kingdom Self-isolate for 14 days

Flying out tomorrow to Tulum, Mexico for a couple of weeks then flying out to Istanbul, Turkey a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom