Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

I hope to accomplish one my goals soon... which is to witness the Northern Lights.

Anybody watched one yet?

Heading to Indonesia this December. Trying to hit up Bali and Lombok but also avoid the drunk and obnoxious Brit/Aussie/American tourists that plague SE Asia as much as I can. Any tips on which beaches/areas to stick to?

Last edited:
Cabo was pretty dope IMO.   I've been to Cancun / Playa Del Carmen and they have nicer beaches, but Cabo was more laid back it seemed.   We rented a bad *** condo in Villa de Estancia for around $400 per night.  Just my wife and I, but it had another bedroom with extra Queen mattresses / bathroom that we never even used.  

We went charter fishing and caught 2 marlins.  Did the cheapo glass bottom boat thing out to the Arch and the beach over there (only accessible by boat).  Other than that, we stayed at the resort mostly and just went out to eat.  You can do other activities such as Off-Road tours (Polaris Razr or 4-wheelers) and some other stuff like that.  Its much drier there, as compared the lush jungle type climate on the Caribbean side. 

Yeah...when I see photos of Cabo, it looks sort of boring. It seems it's mostly a resort type place. Man.....$400 a night for that condo? That is craze. I am doing AirBNBs and am seeing some good rates but of course the cheaper you go, the crappier the house. Got about 5-6 people total so a house seems ideal but there is a lot of house rules that come with it. Would have loved to do an inclusive but my friends stay broke.

I am hoping the weather nights are at least nice so I can just walk the beach with some beers. Would love to see some sights but it seems limited as hell. Oh well.

So jealous! Any videos/pics?

No pics of my own, but here's a pic from online from up there. My family has property up in the Upper Peninsula so we'd go up there every summer for a few weeks (like a 10+ hour drive from Detroit). Stay up until like 2-3am and you just start to see these weird stuff moving in kind of like fog, but then it starts moving and changing colors and ****. It's pretty crazy. We'd go up to this mountain in copper harbor called brockway mountain and :smokin and just watch.

View media item 2442711

Headed to Cuba in 3 weeks with my mom.. any tips?

My girl got us an all inclusive to Riviera Maya in Mexico for July :pimp:

Take enough cash.
Convert to Canadian dollars or Euros before hand.
Make sure you know the difference between both Cuban currencies.
Take a lot of sunblock.
Always take the LOCAL COMMUNITY old fashioned taxis. They are SOOOO much cheaper than any other taxis to get around.

It's bad in Europe in July /August you guys say?

Damn I'm pretty much set on going to London for 4-5 nights in July :lol:

Yeah avoid traveling there during those months..u will save a lot

I can't not go now. Already set in motion. But thanks, next time I'll be more careful about when I fly lol

I guess what's good about Brexit as an American visitor is that the dollar and the pound is kinda similar. Before that, I believe the pound was twice as strong as the dollar - bad for American tourists lol

Last edited:
Headed to Cuba in 3 weeks with my mom.. any tips?

What excuse did yall use :nerd:

Anyone drive from texas to Colorado and have any recommendations for the trip amd must sees in Colorado?
when are you going to Colorado?

where exactly you go depends on when you're going and what your route is and what you're into (outdoors? beer and weed? etc)

for Cuba, educational exchange or support of the Cuban people are the easiest reasons to go with, unless you have family there.

my tips: research ahead of time so you have fair expectations. stay in casas particulares, eat in paladars (privately owned restaurants), save stuff on your phone since internet is spotty (you won't have internet 95% of the time, and you always have to pay for it), practice your Spanish (many don't know English), negotiate prices on nearly everything (learn to way away and ask the next person if they don't budge), etc.

Ben Dover covered most of the rest.

Last edited:
Has anyone been to Bora Bora or Maldives? Deciding on which one to go for January 2018. Been to most of the islands in the Caribbean so looking for something a bit different.

Planning on it being a 10-day trip. What's the guestimate on cost/person for those who've been?

I can't not go now. Already set in motion. But thanks, next time I'll be more careful about when I fly lol

I guess what's good about Brexit as an American visitor is that the dollar and the pound is kinda similar. Before that, I believe the pound was twice as strong as the dollar - bad for American tourists lol

Best prices I ever seen was for Sept/Oct (with the weather still being decent)..June is ok too

I'm looking at hotels in London to stay at and I don't know which one to pick. I'd preferably like to be in an area where there's multiple choices to fine dine and drink. Any suggestions?

I'm looking at hotels in London to stay at and I don't know which one to pick. I'd preferably like to be in an area where there's multiple choices to fine dine and drink. Any suggestions?

U should ask this on London's Reddit page u will get a lot of responses..I'm not familiar with London at all..but personally I only stay at 4 star hotels and up

Honestly the transit system is so good there that you can get to any of the hot spots easily even if your hotel is away. I found most of the food spots to be where ironically Surpeme and Palace. Actually most of the foreign stuff anyways since I think Chinatown is near there but I did get like a brunch there too and it was good. I stayed blocks away from Big Ben. Hotel was nice but it wasn't really around things but like I said, it was easy to get to and from places. I was hardly in the hotel anyways.

Going to naples tomorrow for a week with my girl.. any recommendations? Never been 
mean.gif

Honestly the transit system is so good there that you can get to any of the hot spots easily even if your hotel is away. I found most of the food spots to be where ironically Surpeme and Palace. Actually most of the foreign stuff anyways since I think Chinatown is near there but I did get like a brunch there too and it was good. I stayed blocks away from Big Ben. Hotel was nice but it wasn't really around things but like I said, it was easy to get to and from places. I was hardly in the hotel anyways.

Hey man thanks for the input. Appreciated. I remember you gave me some input about San Francisco as well.

What I ended up doing is 2 nights, 3 days in San Francisco at the Le Meridien hotel. Then fly back to NY for the weekend. Then 4 nights, 5 days at the Amba Hotel Charring Cross. Altogether, including flight and hotel expenses are at 3k and change.

Le Meridien was a no brainer cuz that was where my cousin was staying. I spent hours on deciding how to do the London trip. I had so many trip advisor tabs pulled up. I hope I made the right choice :lol:

Glad to know that the underground system is nice. It's particularly why I chose the Charring Cross cuz of the access to the underground.

Last edited:
Bro's I need help with luggage. I want something innovative yet functional. Any ideas? I want a new backpack!

^^^^^If you have international data, then Google is your friend. Just get passes and just go everywhere really. I didn't really hget
Bro's I need help with luggage. I want something innovative yet functional. Any ideas? I want a new backpack!

You mean like carry everything in just a backpack? Like this?

https://www.aersf.com/travel-pack-00014
aer_travelpack_34+award.JPG

This is a gym bag but it can do at least a couple of days worth of clothes:

https://www.aersf.com/duffel-pack-00001
aer_dp_web_main.jpg

Incase pretty much has the same thing AerSF has:

https://www.incase.com/shop/products/travel/travel-backpacks/
c77f4c4b0d610a3a6a165835f40d6464.jpg

Back
Top Bottom