Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

I hope to accomplish one my goals soon... which is to witness the Northern Lights.

Anybody watched one yet?

Yes seen them 3 times on my trip to iceland last fall (once on the plane to go).

Crazy thing to witness. They change color too from green to red to blue. Really amazing.

No pics / vid as my phone could not do justice to what i saw.

Heading to Indonesia this December. Trying to hit up Bali and Lombok but also avoid the drunk and obnoxious Brit/Aussie/American tourists that plague SE Asia as much as I can. Any tips on which beaches/areas to stick to?

Don't go to kuta (south of bali). Filled with aussie / drunk douchebags.

Stay in the north in bali. You'll love it. Ubud is dope too.

Just rent a scooter and get lost. You'll bump into amazing things

Would I need a car to get around San Francisco?

Parking is more the issue in SF. If you want to save, use Uber Pool in SF. Buses are fine but can take a long time. Remember, SF is 7X7 square miles so you can always just walk it if you are game too. You'll see more of the city that way anyways.

Yes seen them 3 times on my trip to iceland last fall (once on the plane to go).

Crazy thing to witness. They change color too from green to red to blue. Really amazing.

Thanks! Those drunk Aussies/Brits got annoying REAL fast when I went to Thailand a couple years back. I hate being associated with the typical "Western" tourist in that part of the world. So damn disrespectful towards the locals...

Is Sumatra worth visiting? I only have time to go for a week, so I'm trying to maximize my time in the "main" spots.

Last edited:
Thanks! Those drunk Aussies/Brits got annoying REAL fast when I went to Thailand a couple years back. I hate being associated with the typical "Western" tourist in that part of the world. So damn disrespectful towards the locals...

Is Sumatra worth visiting? I only have time to go for a week, so I'm trying to maximize my time in the "main" spots.

didn't go. My stay in indonesia was rather short (headed to a few other countries in SEA after a little two weeks in indonesia where I stayed in Bali surfing)

I heard good things though.

If you're into surfing just go anywhere, explore and surf.

Man i feel you about the western stereotype just there to party and disrespect the locals. So damn cringeworthy :smh:

If I go to the south of Thailand again, i'll make sure i hit some unknown island to avoid all of that.

Last edited:
I hope to accomplish one my goals soon... which is to witness the Northern Lights.

Anybody watched one yet?

Heading to Indonesia this December. Trying to hit up Bali and Lombok but also avoid the drunk and obnoxious Brit/Aussie/American tourists that plague SE Asia as much as I can. Any tips on which beaches/areas to stick to?

These are dope, wonder if they fit neatly under the seat. I hate checking in and potentially having my luggage damaged and delayed.

Driving in SF is awful so I highly discourage it. Parking is damn near impossible to find f you're not near a garage, some streets have confusing directions that make it difficult to figure out which way to drive (I still avoid parts of Market Street to this day), some roads are always under construction (I swear I've seen the same road being repaired on a daily basis for almost a decade now) drivers in general are awful and will create unnecessary traffic by stopping and turning their hazard lights on in the middle of the lane...just don't do it

I don't even know why anyone would want to visit SF. Crazy people walking around EVERYWHERE, dirty and smelly as @#$@ compared to major international cities, mediocre public transportation, good restaurants have been outpriced and replaced by whitewashed versions, musty hipster women everywhere, etc. I'm so glad I moved out; the only time I hit up the city is for Giants games and a handful of bars. True, it's better than most US cities, but that's not saying much :lol: Food,women,weather,etc. are much better in other parts of the Bay Area

Last edited:
didn't go. My stay in indonesia was rather short (headed to a few other countries in SEA after a little two weeks in indonesia where I stayed in Bali surfing)

I heard good things though.

If you're into surfing just go anywhere, explore and surf.

Man i feel you about the western stereotype just there to party and disrespect the locals. So damn cringeworthy :smh:

If I go to the south of Thailand again, i'll make sure i hit some unknown island to avoid all of that.

Phuket was basically thousands of Ryan Lochtes in one area :lol: I still had fun, but my friend and I ditched our hostel (which we originally booked to meet new people) and got our hotel rooms after a couple of days cause we needed to get away and do our own thing ASAP. Only $30 a night for a nice room, and no drunk bros yelling or arguing with staff in the middle of the night

Last edited:
Check out china town japan town the Pier the Beach the space Museum is cool fishing trips if you fish they also have a trip were they take you in a boat around the golden gate bridege at sunset and make u drinks Alcatraz is cool too there so much to do i stayed a hotel kabuki its small but nice there

Driving in SF is awful so I highly discourage it. Parking is damn near impossible to find f you're not near a garage, some streets have confusing directions that make it difficult to figure out which way to drive (I still avoid parts of Market Street to this day), some roads are always under construction (I swear I've seen the same road being repaired on a daily basis for almost a decade now) drivers in general are awful and will create unnecessary traffic by stopping and turning their hazard lights on in the middle of the lane...just don't do it

I don't even know why anyone would want to visit SF. Crazy people walking around EVERYWHERE, dirty and smelly as @#$@ compared to major international cities, mediocre public transportation, good restaurants have been outpriced and replaced by whitewashed versions, musty hipster women everywhere, etc. I'm so glad I moved out; the only time I hit up the city is for Giants games and a handful of bars. True, it's better than most US cities, but that's not saying much :lol: Food,women,weather,etc. are much better in other parts of the Bay Area

My dude. It just sounds like you're tired of America in general. I'm waiting on news that you're moving out cuz it sounds like it's coming :lol:

For anyone from SF. How's West Oakland? Been looking at gyms to work out at in SF while I'm on vacation so I can keep up with my lifting. Not sure if I like any of the gyms in SF. Did find a gym in Oakland that's 20 minutes from my hotel in SF. Seems like it's just right over the bridge.

For anyone from SF. How's West Oakland? Been looking at gyms to work out at in SF while I'm on vacation so I can keep up with my lifting. Not sure if I like any of the gyms in SF. Did find a gym in Oakland that's 20 minutes from my hotel in SF. Seems like it's just right over the bridge.

Yeah.....gyms in SF are all for 9 to 5 people like 24 Hour, Crunch, SF Fitness, etc. There is a Gold gym but sort of out of the way. If you are looking for more of a private gym with no BS, then yeah....you'll get that more in Oakland. From Bart though, getting into Oakland is a breeze.

Back
Top Bottom