Your XXL 2017 Freshman Class

The 2017 cover is a far faaaaar cry from these two.
1465834344_a6e9d743200a7169990ec91f3ee7d4f9.jpg

They was calling Crooked I a freshmen in 07. :lol:

Him, French Montana and Yelawolf's inclusions were funny :lol: as guess you're fair game as long as you haven't dropped your official debut, which means 50 could have held off on Kidd Kidd being on there since he still hasn't dropped an official album

Kamaiyah, Kyle and Amine all can rap. Kaimayah **** is a regional sound that a lot of people might not mess with tho. Kyle and Amine just corny, one is a suburban Drake lite and the other is like a weird great value 3k/Kanye fusion.

The rest of the dudes aren't the most talented "rappers" but they can make good "rap" songs and that's all that matters in the mainstream anyway. That and brand/marketability.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Amine is corny. Social media sheds a light on some of these dudes.

That '07 cover is wild, because how old a majority of the dudes on that cover are. Imagine a 2018 XXL cover where 7 dudes on the cover are nearing 30, without a debut album.

That '07 cover is wild, because how old a majority of the dudes on that cover are. Imagine a 2018 XXL cover where 7 dudes on the cover are nearing 30, without a debut album.

It really is crazy. Just from looking up their ages as of 2007:

Joell Ortiz - 26
Crooked I - 28
Plies - 30
Dro - 28
Rich Boy - 23
Zoe - 24
Boosie - 24
Papoose - 29
Saigon - 29
Lupe - 25

Is any of the current list even older than 23 :lol:??

Looking at the other covers, actually all of the lists have been pretty trash overall. 

Joell Ortiz - 26
Crooked I - 28
Plies - 30
Dro - 28
Rich Boy - 23
Zoe - 24
Boosie - 24
Papoose - 29
Saigon - 29
Lupe - 25

Is any of the current list even older than 23
laugh.gif
??
Just looked and PNB and Madeintyo is 25. Didn't even know that.

Last edited:

Joell Ortiz - 26

Crooked I - 28

Plies - 30

Dro - 28

Rich Boy - 23

Zoe - 24

Boosie - 24

Papoose - 29

Saigon - 29

Lupe - 25

Is any of the current list even older than 23 :lol: ??
Just looked and PNB and Madeintyo is 25. Didn't even know that.

Wow I assumed Kap G was the oldest :lol:. Definitely thought Madeintyo was 21 or something

Yo, so I often don't listen to **** when it first come out and when artists are blowin up and buzzin, but I just decided to listen to Magnolia, and I don't know if I've ever heard a whole song basically one long ad-lib. The way people were talking about it, I thought it was really gon be some heat, but that **** is TRASH 
laugh.gif

Yo, so I often don't listen to **** when it first come out and when artists are blowin up and buzzin, but I just decided to listen to Magnolia, and I don't know if I've ever heard a whole song basically one long ad-lib. The way people were talking about it, I thought it was really gon be some heat, but that **** is TRASH 
laugh.gif
Trippin.. song is easily a top 5 best song of the summer

Tee Grizzley a street n_ though. The streets still need representation and Grizzley can RAP. I saw dudes saying his flow is trash :rofl: :rofl:. In a era where all these dunce rappers use the same flow and cadence, we got people calling Grizzley's flow bad?? Niketalkers cease to amaze me :rofl: :lol:

Grizzley belong up there. It ain't ONE street rapper up there. Shame. I don't care if it's the social media/SoundCloud era, it's laughable that there isn't a rugged dude up there.

Last edited:
Glitzy aint a street dude. He just a guy who thought his big *** could get away with robbery wearing no mask.

Y'all sleep on A Boogie....that boy be saying some real trill ****.

Hes low key moving right now too.

Mozzy & YFN Lucci are the real snubs this year

Wonder what would be the argument of MadeinTYO over them

Last edited:
Timbaland was gassing Tink super hard. She couldn't live up to that man.

She was ok....but Timbo was geeking. K-camp just dont connect for some reason. Dude is a hit maker....but couldn't follow up those singles.

A lot of the acts I see on the '17 cover strike me as big singles guys. Problem is...they have to constantly churn out those streaming viral hits...because another SoundCloud rapper with colored dreads and an ironic name is waiting to swoop in and take that spot.

I'm glad WSG and Conway weren't on the cover..You know how stupid they'd look next to these dudes? Same goes for Don Q. 

There's not 1 legit MC on that cover...and that **** is pathetic.  
Not a single one. That cypher is gonna be all kinds of embarrassing. They really should just discontinue it til further notice.

The 2017 cover is a far faaaaar cry from these two.
1465834344_a6e9d743200a7169990ec91f3ee7d4f9.jpg

XXL-Freshmen-2010.jpg

OJ Da Juiceman and Plies are Nas and AZ compared to this current list
laugh.gif
eek.gif
 Damn it was alot of heavy hitters on these.  Boosie, Jewman, Plies, Cole, Big Sean, Dro,  Wiz, etc 

Plies turn 41 this year :lol:
Now he living off memes

Plies turn 41 this year
laugh.gif

Now he living off memes
Plies keep a club hit tho and finds a way to stay relevant lol.  Dude had everybody running off on the plug twice last year and early this year
laugh.gif
.  Dude smart as hell and knows how to create and capitalize off waves, even with his IG comedy joints.  Gotta commend him for that its alotta dudes who came out just a year or two ago who have already faded into nothing and this man came out 10+ yrs ago

Back
Top Bottom