Votes: 4 57.1%
  • VI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VII

• Total voters
what's normal about someone having 10,20, or even 100+ pairs of shoes lol
a lot of ppl have hobbies. If a kid has 100 or more baseball cards he ain't normal? I will admit it's a lot of money but if you are doing something u love I dont see the problem. Now if you buy 5-10 pairs a day with no intent to resell that's a problem

a lot of ppl have hobbies. If a kid has 100 or more baseball cards he ain't normal? I will admit it's a lot of money but if you are doing something u love I dont see the problem. Now if you buy 5-10 pairs a day with no intent to resell that's a problem

Baaaaaad comparison Alp!!! LMAO! $2 10-pack of cards that equal 100 is WAAAAAY different than 100 pairs of shoes at $100+ dollars a piece. Ch'mon Son!

My man having 100 pairs of shoes ( or cards , or watches , or pants) is straight up CONSUMERISM and Kind of an 'illness'

And yes , i own pretty close to that number of sneakers.

Its not wrong to admit your 'disease' .

But Im not gonna project it as something 'cool' or nice or whatever.

All this money could be

-More trips
-More books to read
-Helping the community more
-Many many other things more important than satisfying a need that was created by the system.

if it's such a problem why do u do it? If u seriously think u have an illness I'd see a psychiatrist asap

My man I didnt use the term illness literally hence the ' ' .PSYCHIATRIST?LOL

Dude , Im a victim of consumerism as much as the next guy.

Difference is Im aware.

ARE YOU?

man, I really wish the prelude pack was more available. the execution of the colors/quality is excellent for most pairs I have seen.

I don't even mess with the IVs or Is but I love both. The Vs, VIs, and VIIIs go hard too.

No, just the 13 runs huge. I was gonna switch for a 12 but the 12 is more tts. Just the 13 runs huge in the prelude 1s
Oh man that's a bummer. Might have to double dock it or throw a spenco insole in it guess although I hate having to do that... I'm a little OCD about fit and feel it should be fine without stuffing the kitchen sink inside to make it fit... Or vice versa

It really depends on the situation
If u aint getta pay for rent/home mortgage/kids/child support
1/4 if your salary isnt that bad
Also depends on your money management, I used to run up credit cards when I was younger but decided post divorce to start paying everything off. I now live relatively debt free which frees up a lot of "play" money outside of day to day living expenses and putting x percent back for saving, retirement and sons college fund. But must also admit that I proceed with much more caution with regard to which drops I pick up now compared to 5 years ago as well..

Also depends on your money management, I used to run up credit cards when I was younger but decided post divorce to start paying everything off. I now live relatively debt free which frees up a lot of "play" money outside of day to day living expenses and putting x percent back for saving, retirement and sons college fund. But must also admit that I proceed with much more caution with regard to which drops I pick up now compared to 5 years ago as well..
Im glad you are doing well now my dude.....

But ill be honest, now this is not a shot at you... just some advice for the younger dudes listening.

DO NOT RUN UP DEBT IN COLLEGE OR YOUR FIRST FEW YEARS OUT.

Its a trap that alot of people run in to. Not necessarily within sneakers but just in general. 

You may need to have the newest release but do not forget there is always another hot shoe right around the corner. 

Espically with something like this prelude pack.

If you do not grab the 5s and 6s now this might be the last chance to score a decent price. 

But yo it does not matter. 

Do not go into debt.

At the end of the day its just a sneaker.

Im glad you are doing well now my dude.....

But ill be honest, now this is not a shot at you... just some advice for the younger dudes listening.

DO NOT RUN UP DEBT IN COLLEGE OR YOUR FIRST FEW YEARS OUT.

Its a trap that alot of people run in to. Not necessarily within sneakers but just in general. 

You may need to have the newest release but do not forget there is always another hot shoe right around the corner. 

Espically with something like this prelude pack.

If you do not grab the 5s and 6s now this might be the last chance to score a decent price. 

But yo it does not matter. 

Do not go into debt.

At the end of the day its just a sneaker.
This all day long.  As a man who bought anything and everything he wanted on plastic during 4 years in college, I hope a lot of the younger guys read this and listen to this. It has taken me 6 years to dig myself out of that hole.  I now own a house, a nice car, and am saving a good amount every year for retirement and for when I have a family.

I don't think anyone has the right to tell another man how to spend his money or if $500 is too much for shoes, I know plenty of guys that drop a couple hundred bucks a weekend at the bars or on drugs or at concerts.  Lots of people find enjoyment in different ways, and if you find your enjoyment in nice shoes on your feet, then no one should tell you that is wrong. I don't go to concerts, I don't go to bars, don't do drugs, or have any other real hobbies other than shoes and traveling the globe. 

My advice is work hard, take care of the priorities in life and the ones around you, and spend the rest on what brings you enjoyment.  If you are ever buying shoes instead of putting food on the table, or paying your rent or mortgage then it is time to take a long hard look at how you are spending your money. 

Last edited:
I dont even have a credit card, everything I spend is with my hard earned cash. Won't be a penny in debt if I graduate college

im guilty of spending a boatload on shoes and clothing period.. the main question you must ask yourself, does this effect my everyday life? I'm in a position were what i purchase doesnt effect my families lifestyle..  but im pushing 40 and have a career.. 15-20 years ago i was picking coins from between pillow cushions for lunch money, but had the latest J's on.. To anyone in that boat  take a step back an put life into proper perspective.. It took a CC company placing a judgment on my bank acct, and garrnishing my wages at work before i realized i had to get my debt in check and that clothes and kicks could wait... 

Live within your means always... life is much sweeter when you can go buy whatever you want when you want, without the thought of someone breathing down your neck because to owe them money..

on another note.. any news on the availablity of the Kobe 9's... not really in the mood to go the prelude struggle to get a pair...

Last edited:
Amen, credit cards are the worst thing in the world.... Especially for people who's enjoyment comes from collecting things that cost $$$. It's way too easy to talk yourself into it a few times and next thing you know everything you make is going toward paying on the plastic. Like the above guy mentioned earlier it bit me in the behind and I learned my lesson took several years to payoff. But now am debt free, raise a 6 year old son on my own and have been working my way through college and just got accepted into the university of Missouri . I know I will have to go into debt for my post graduate program but this is a debt that I know how to manage now. Like everyone has said the safest move is to stay away from the plastic devil by any means necessary but if you opt to use it pay that thing off every month. It doesn't take long for it to become a nightmare a chances are you won't realize it until it's already too late. I'm done preaching now though.... Back to da shoes!!!

Last edited:
You guys are bugging... You cant take the money with you when you die. Enjoy life while your living it, buy the things that make you happy and YOU enjoy. There is no definitive meaning to life, worry about what makes you happy... Now yes, you need to be smart, b.c theres a difference between things you want (hobbies) and things you need (shelter,food,water,clothes etc). But its no different then kids buying video games, rich people buying rich ppl ****, ppl buying weed. ITS ALL ABOUT WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY.

Back
Top Bottom