• V

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • VI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VII

• Total voters
Reselling is in every industry. I hate to pay retail all ready, sometimes I have too pay resell cause it is what is is.

Do you have problems paying resell? If you don't, would you if you didn't participate in reselling?

I'd have no issues with paying resell if I made $500+ weekly in reselling shoes. I however work 5-6 days a week to provide for my family and don't like paying resell unless i have no other choice. And the crazy resell prices... I'm good on that, I don't need a shoe bad enough to drop $500+ on em.
no I don't have problems with it, especially since like you said im making paper doing it myself. Assuming I was working for $7 an hr at mcdonalds and didn't have the talent in copping shoes then I probably wouldn't be able to afford retail, not to mention resell :lol:
I generally pay retail for all my kicks or under unless its older stuff and even then I can find steals.

A local footlocker is opening up a HoH with their footlocker and their store rep said they'll have some 'surprise' releases. I'm really hoping they get the preludes set. No where in Colorado got them...

Reselling, or the concept, isn't bad at all.

It's just how some of the people go about it. Like going up to your Nike to try and grab a pair and seeing 10 little kids who know nothing about sneakers trying to cop just to sell. Or going to a raffle and seeing an entire family up there to collect tickets just to win the shoe with no idea of what they're there for. Or buying a huge quantity of shoes and trying to become a "sneaker selling" business out of it charging triple the price for it is ridculous as well. I also don't get why some people go through all the hassle of trying to resell or to make a $20 profit....

With that being said, buying shoes for trade value or seling a shoe at a fair market value doesn't bother me at all, sometimes it actually helps people out.

Do you have problems paying resell? If you don't, would you if you didn't participate in reselling?

I'd have no issues with paying resell if I made $500+ weekly in reselling shoes. I however work 5-6 days a week to provide for my family and don't like paying resell unless i have no other choice. And the crazy resell prices... I'm good on that, I don't need a shoe bad enough to drop $500+ on em.
Like I said earlier my issue isn't the resellers I've become one with one transaction...lol but my issue is who are these ppl coming up with prices after retail for each shoe... I know that eBay and bidding prices hold some weight but in the majority of cases ppl just throw out these numbers for ppl to pay and then it causes a chain reaction with ppl thinking they can sell for that amount which result in ppl buying shoes they can't fit or tickets for shoes they can't fit u know the rest

I remember when Nike LA did a raffle for the remaining pair of Oregon Foams, some people site seeing decided to get in on the action just because of the hype behind it and the growing line of people.

Human nature to economics never changes. Can imagine in a reality where yeezy and prelude is on sale? Fun universe that would be. But no, everyone will be like, not for me cause its not demanded

Human nature to economics never changes. Can imagine in a reality where yeezy and prelude is on sale? Fun universe that would be. But no, everyone will be like, not for me cause its not demanded

It could happen, they could just raise the prices for the shoe. Nike could just sell Yeezys as $500 and be available whenever. They would still be as hyped and make all the consumers happy.

Same thing for Jordans, I think Complex had a story about it before.

Like I said earlier my issue isn't the resellers I've become one with one transaction...lol but my issue is who are these ppl coming up with prices after retail for each shoe... I know that eBay and bidding prices hold some weight but in the majority of cases ppl just throw out these numbers for ppl to pay and then it causes a chain reaction with ppl thinking they can sell for that amount which result in ppl buying shoes they can't fit or tickets for shoes they can't fit u know the rest
roll.gif

resell prices are dictated by the market, quantity, exclusivity and legacy 
It only take one shoe to sell for $50 over retail for the next shoe to go for $100 etc... etc. 

View media item 837752

:rofl:

resell prices are dictated by the market, quantity, exclusivity and legacy 

It only take one shoe to sell for $50 over retail for the next shoe to go for $100 etc... etc. 

Can I key in real quick on this one word.... Exclusive... I'm guessing ppl on here feel they have there own style right....ppl claim they want to be individuals but want the most popular items that every body else wants...as my little homie Riley freeman would say...what part of the game is that... Legacy get real the majority of the kids buying the shoes didn't even see the player play in his prime jordan or kobe.... it's just the possibility....key word possibility...that they might be the only one at their school or city with them which could possibly make them cool for the week...

Last edited:

It could happen, they could just raise the prices for the shoe. Nike could just sell Yeezys as $500 and be available whenever. They would still be as hyped and make all the consumers happy.

Same thing for Jordans, I think Complex had a story about it before.
Dudes are paying resell of 3-5K for yeezys so $500 is nothing and would still have the same issue

The story >>> Finishline but the problem isnt resellers, Nike or whoever people complain about. It really is the avg sneaker buyers desire to have the most limited sneaker... when really sneaker collecting isnt about that or the resale value of shoe... I got just as much appreciation for the guy that rocks Reebok Club 1330s
smokin.gif
 as the kid wearing galaxy foams 

Dudes are paying resell of 3-5K for yeezys so $500 is nothing and would still have the same issue

The story >>> Finishline but the problem isnt resellers, Nike or whoever people complain about. It really is the avg sneaker buyers desire to have the most limited sneaker... when really sneaker collecting isnt about that or the resale value of shoe... I got just as much appreciation for the guy that rocks Reebok Club 1330s
smokin.gif
 as the kid wearing galaxy foams 

True, but $500 is something and the reason why people are paying that ridiculous resell price is because they aren't available and people are under the assumption that they will not be available ever again.

Resellers goals are to snag up all of the "limited" sneakers for retail and take them off the market, then resell them at crazy prices when the average consumer can't find them at retailers anymore. Therefore, if they're ALWAYS available one would go straight to the store and not the reseller... Unless they were buying for cheaper. $500 for a sneaker is expensive for a sneaker by the way.

smokin.gif

True, but $500 is something and the reason why people are paying that ridiculous resell price is because they aren't available and people are under the assumption that they will not be available ever again.

Resellers goals are to snag up all of the "limited" sneakers for retail and take them off the market, then resell them at crazy prices when the average consumer can't find them at retailers anymore. Therefore, if they're ALWAYS available one would go straight to the store and not the reseller... Unless they were buying for cheaper. $500 for a sneaker is expensive for a sneaker by the way.
I see your point while valid but if no one bought a single shoe they didnt get on RD there would be no after market. Nike isnt going to adjust there business model cuz few complaining kids in middle american cant get them at retail.. but what can be done is stop buy resold shoes.. There are a ton of shoes that are fashionable sitting on store shelves but the desire to be a "legit" sneakerhead one must have limited sneakers and a walking billboard of various clothing brands 

I see your point while valid but if no one bought a single shoe they didnt get on RD there would be no after market. Nike isnt going to adjust there business model cuz few complaining kids in middle american cant get them at retail.. but what can be done is stop buy resold shoes.. There are a ton of shoes that are fashionable sitting on store shelves but the desire to be a "legit" sneakerhead one must have limited sneakers and a walking billboard of various clothing brands 

Yep, I completely agree with you. Nike cares less about what's going on because it's hyping their brand.

It's always funny talking to people about sneaker and the idea of "Why Nike just won't make enough pairs for everyone? They will make double the money!"

Obviously businesses care about profits and money being made, but more importantly Nike cares about their BRAND. Thus, the limited releases, quickstrikes, etc... Nike will play the part of trying to make the game "fair" but they really won't make a difference until their brand takes a hit... For example, when people actually got robbed or killed for the Concords. When media outlets put Nike on the front page or cover story, Nike IMMEDIATELY came up with the RSVP and raffle process. Until something like that happens... Tough luck.

Haven't been in this thread in a while I agree with @s dubl
Saw some 3s on ebay in my size for $310 shipped was waiting until I got home and they were gone . Oh well 3s are sitting hopefully someone else gets desperate and sell for that price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom