Zoom Kobe 8 system NikeID thread ***NO SET DATE (yet) WHEN THESE WILL BE TAKEN DOWN***

seems kinda weird i havent ever seen a pair of pure volt 8s , i m thinking of making one it should look hot and bright 
nthat.gif
I'll be able to oblige in 2ish weeks. Haven't gotten the Almost Finished email yet, but should soon.

Whats the turn around time? Is nike's "expected delivery date" accurate? Just curious because im about to put in for about 3-4 more IDs before the 8 gets pulled

SN: as mentioned a while back .... gradient upper to close out the 8 would be too clutch!

Nike wouldn't give me 20% for sending me effed up shoes. Loyalty is their last concern. How about spending over 10k on Nikes shoes this year alone? Do they care? The answer is no.
To add to the flaws on my pair, a iD letter came off at some point during the 6 hours of wearing them. This is ridiculously bad quality on my iDs...to just send something out to someone in this shape is uncalled for. You would think since they are "custom" more attention would be put into these. I wish these weren't paid for with gift cards. I would take the refund and walk away.
Should I be calling again? Ask for a manager? I heard they give you the run around when you do that. I really don't want to walk away from Nike but the bottom line is, they have POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Trying to treat me like I should just be satisfied with getting refunded gift cards once the return is fully processed by them. What a joke.

By the way, 2 out of 4 pairs of nikes I've purchased this past month have been defective. What the hell is going on? I didn't even return the other shoes(PRod hyperfuse 112s) but I think I will be.
I have absolutely no idea how you are going about talking to them, but I have had 3 separate incidents for far less problems than you are having and have never once been offered anything but 20%. In fact, I was always offered, never asked.

I work in PR, so maybe I subconsciously know the right things to say, but given the problems that your shoes had, unless you're sincerely messing up the way you're talking to those reps, you should have no problem getting codes.

I complained earlier about my graf's, I complained about my white uppers, both shoddy, both clearly made with love from a china factory.

I'm over it. You are one dude. NT is one forum. If you got every person on NT to complain to Nike, they'd still smile and piss on you. Take five seconds and think about how big Nike is. Take 3 seconds to think about how basketball shoes are just one tiny part of their multi-billion dollar company. 

You'll be over it.

I am over it. I talked to both people with respect. Explained my complaints about the shoes. I should not have been "brushed off" like I was. Both people basically did everything they could to just make me happy with a return/refund. As we all know, that is not the answer. I wasn't going to be a jerk to them because they are just customer service reps. Plus I also don't want my name in their system as, "don't help him". Which it seems it already must be. If they are fine with a over the top supporter walking away, it's all good. I've done more than enough free promotion for them. Spent way too much time and money on them. It basically feels like I've been cheated on. I assume they have been giving way too many codes out for stupid reasons. Now they have a legit problem and they could care less. I've read on NT over and over again about Nike stepping up and taking care of customers. Maybe I should call back and be a ahole. Will that help? If it was possible to return all of this years Nike purchases I've made, I would. YES, I'M THAT PISSED. I really don't want their product on me right now.

No they don't care. They would rather GIVE shoes to people who make millions instead of making good with the real customers. I'm done. Zero respect for the consumer.

Talked to someone at the corporate office. They are doing a remake for my iDs. They also said someone will be calling me within the next few days. Still going in circles.

Talked to someone at the corporate office. They are doing a remake for my iDs. They also said someone will be calling me within the next few days. Still going in circles.
Nike is the last company that's going to make an effort. Good luck with your situation.

This is the one thing that I really hate about my IDs. I don't wear them often out of fear that the letters fall off.

Good luck with your case. Sounds terrible, but like the other guy said you're fighting goliath.

Last edited:
I wore them casually for 6 hours to see if I even wanted a reorder. Never even touched the tongues during that time. Took them off and noticed. Crappy crap.

It's really heartbreaking when you have so much love for a companies products and I get this and the run around on top of it. Last rep even said, "well the first person gave you a 10% code." I live in Cali so that's tax. They can keep there lil 10% code. That's insulting to me. What about it being a ruined gift? The fact that I will have to wait 2 1/2 months total just to get what I ordered? I even sent them pics of my current rotation. Letting them know this isn't my first rodeo.

That's why I didn't get any words on mine and I decided to pass on speckles a lot of dudes said look if you get them and they need it just do it yourself

Sucks bro I hope you get a decent pair or a code

My next pair I'm thinking about using black midsole with purple speckles. Hoping that won't turn out bad.

It's really heartbreaking when you have so much love for a companies products and I get this and the run around on top of it. Last rep even said, "well the first person gave you a 10% code." I live in Cali so that's tax. They can keep there lil 10% code. That's insulting to me. What about it being a ruined gift? The fact that I will have to wait 2 1/2 months total just to get what I ordered? I even sent them pics of my current rotation. Letting them know this isn't my first rodeo.

What exactly do you want them to do? A lot of guys seem to have this false sense of entitlement when dealing with Nike CS.

They offered you a disco code already (which they honestly didn't have to do), AND are allowing you to return it. Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
What exactly do you want them to do? A lot of guys seem to have this false sense of entitlement when dealing with Nike CS.

They offered you a disco code already (which they honestly didn't have to do), AND are allowing you to return it. Am I missing something here?
Uh did you happen to even look at what was sent to me? You must work for Nike or something, if you feel you need to make a comment like that. Anyone who received what I have would be pissed. This was a b day gift as well. Living in cali we have tax we pay. That 10% code is a slap in the face since when refunding will not include the tax payed. So I was given nothing in reality.
You would be OK with waiting 2 1/2 months to get what you payed $200 for? You are full of it. You would not be OK with just returning them and waiting another month.

"Allowing me to return them."

WoW

Last edited:
Saw the pics. Still not sure what you want them to do.

The shoes didn't come out the way you wanted, and they're letting you return them and giving you 10% off of your next purchase. I don't understand how anyone could want anything above this.

And you're correct, I would not be okay with that. But when I have an issue with a company, I simply don't shop there anymore. I don't cry about not getting a big enough discount so I can shop there again.

And the tax you paid will be refunded. Not sure why you thought it wouldn't.

Uh did you happen to even look at what was sent to me? You must work for Nike or something, if you feel you need to make a comment like that. Anyone who received what I have would be pissed. This was a b day gift as well. Living in cali we have tax we pay. That 10% code is a slap in the face since when refunding will not include the tax payed. So I was given nothing in reality.
You would be OK with waiting 2 1/2 months to get what you payed $200 for? You are full of it. You would not be OK with just returning them and waiting another month.

WoW
You don't get tax refunded to you on a returned purchase? That's odd. Must be a CA thing.

WoW
Saw the pics. Still not sure what you want them to do.

The shoes didn't come out the way you wanted, and they're letting you return them and giving you 10% off of your next purchase. I don't understand how anyone could want anything above this.

And you're correct, I would not be okay with that. But when I have an issue with a company, I simply don't shop there anymore. I don't cry about not getting a big enough discount so I can shop there again.

And the tax you paid will be refunded. Not sure why you thought it wouldn't.
Not to throw wood on the fire, but it is as simple as that. Point blank.

I came on here to show others what was wrong with my orders. To explain that they need to be aware of Nike's lack of caring. You can check my posts numerous pages back with my Grafs.

There's no sense in complaining. You got shafted by a company, that company does not care about you or any of its consumers, gotta move on.

I have accepted that Nike has me by the balls with the 8s for hooping. Thank god that's the only Nike product I own.

You want quality, buy quality.

"Simply don't shop there anymore."

I'm definitely not trying to sway anyone away from ordering. That is not why I posted this stuff. Just wanted to share my experience.

Also, reading this below in the LeBron ID
thread makes me even more pissed at how they have been with me.

" Just got the email this morning, my Nike ID ordered on October 30th is going to be FREE, and they gave me a 20% discount code, and a $50 Gift Card!  I can't believe it....Nike did right by me on this.  And my XI ID will ship on December 24th.  Win, Win, Win.  Even with the wait." 

Back
Top Bottom