ZOOM SPIRIDONS SUMMER 2016

Damn I just saw that the Blends did a release today-they must've sold out super quick. I would kill for a size 14

I wish Nike would just flood the market with the OG colorways and leave the resellers sitting on shelf turds. Prices on the bay are comical.

Honestly I hope they don't release anymore of these. I'd rather this not go the route of Prestos & Sock darts. Once Nike releases too many colors & an ID option it sorta kills it... For me at least

If anything I agree & hope they only release OG colorways

Last edited:
Honestly I hope they don't release anymore of these. I'd rather this not go the route of Prestos & Sock darts. Once Nike releases too many colors & an ID option it sorta kills it... For me at least

?? In one post you calling dude a "hypebeast" because of the "exclusivity" comment then in this you're hoping they don't release any more...?

Why wouldn't you want them to produce more of the OGs so that everyone that wanted them gets them?

I just wish they'd have released enough pairs so that guys in this thread, like myself, could've scored. eBay has 2 sz13's in the OG and both are 275-350$+ BIN smdh.

I just wish they'd have released enough pairs so that guys in this thread, like myself, could've scored. eBay has 2 sz13's in the OG and both are 275-350$+ BIN smdh.
This. Maybe Nike didn't think they would sell that well or they're trying to create that hype, but releasing the black and white versions that will sit for a while instead of producing more of the silver/black OGs doesn't make sense to me. I was already on the fence about the $175 price tag, but no way in h*$$ am I paying over that for these even though they were the only shoes I had planned on purchasing this summer.

Facts...
I just want my size. i miss walking into a store without having to worry if my size is available or not.

?? In one post you calling dude a "hypebeast" because of the "exclusivity" comment then in this you're hoping they don't release any more...?

Why wouldn't you want them to produce more of the OGs so that everyone that wanted them gets them?

I don't want them to release anymore so that they don't go overboard (like they've done with many models) and kill the Spiradon

The best example is the Roshe Run. At first nobody really knew about them but they were inexpensive and comfortable which made them great. But then everyone started getting them because they were the cool new sneaker (hypebeasts) Now they get hated on so much because you see everyone and their mom wearing them.

Like the Roshe, being limited has nothing to do with why I love this sneaker. But if it were everywhere it would turn me off of them until the hype died down. Does that make sense?

However factoring in the "exclusivity" when deciding if you like a sneaker or not is one of the sypmtoms of being a hypebeast

And just to be extra clear... I was not originally referring to the number of sneakers produced... I was commenting on the number of different colorways and releases

Last edited:
Who cares who else is wearing them and how many people are wearing them? As long as YOU like them and buy the colorways that YOU like, what does it matter?

They could bring out a new colorway of the Spiridon every weekend for all I care. It's a great silhouette that is a classic, so why wouldn't I want easier access to them?

If other people and what they're doing (or not doing) factors into what shoes YOU buy, you're a beast.

Buy and wear what you like. Period.

I really enjoy articles like this! Thanks! 2 of my top 3 NIKE runners (Spiridon & OG Silver 97 Air Max) were designed by this dude, nice to hear about the process. I would be absolutely elated if Nike retroed the 97 in it's OG CW.
It always rubs me the wrong way when Nike produces a **** ton of ugly, uninspired CWs of a sneaker that donsent sell while the OG-usually the most diserable-is scarce.
I agree with the anology about the Nike Roshe. Theres nothing worse than seeing some punk kid or soccer mom- who knows nothing about sneakers- wearing the same model as you because Nike (adidas, etc) overproduced the sneaker in a million undesirable CW's & now its heavily discounted. Kills the allure/appeal of the shoe.
Adidas is doing this with the NMD. The black OG is a nice, clean sneaker. Some of whats been released latley, not so much. JMHO

Last edited:
I really enjoy articles like this! Thanks! 2 of my top 3 NIKE runners (Spiridon & OG Silver 97 Air Max) were designed by this dude, nice to hear about the process. I would be absolutely elated if Nike retroed the 97 in it's OG CW.
It always rubs me the wrong way when Nike produces a **** ton of ugly, uninspired CWs of a sneaker that donsent sell while the OG-usually the most diserable-is scarce.
I agree with the anology about the Nike Roshe. Theres nothing worse than seeing some punk kid or soccer mom- who knows nothing about sneakers- wearing the same model as you because Nike (adidas, etc) overproduced the sneaker in a million undesirable CW's & now its heavily discounted. Kills the allure/appeal of the shoe.
Adidas is doing this with the NMD. The black OG is a nice, clean sneaker. Some of whats been released latley, not so much. JMHO
Thank you. At least someone understood what I was trying to say

your logic is severely flawed. how does distributing too many of a sneaker kill any release? you sound like a guy who really enjoys having something that most others don't.

Last edited:
Who cares who else is wearing them and how many people are wearing them? As long as YOU like them and buy the colorways that YOU like, what does it matter?

They could bring out a new colorway of the Spiridon every weekend for all I care. It's a great silhouette that is a classic, so why wouldn't I want easier access to them?

If other people and what they're doing (or not doing) factors into what shoes YOU buy, you're a beast.

Buy and wear what you like. Period.

Take this rep, good Sir.

But the debate is just a generation gap in this game.

(Danny Glover voice) "I'm too old for this.............................."

doesn't want more pairs released cause then they wouldn't be exclusive and has supreme in his username along w/1k+ post in under a yr here……

if it walks like a duck and quacks like one then I'm gonna say you're a hypebeast

Pulled these old guys out today while I wait for the new ones to come in the mail....  
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom