¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

..I did..

and I'm goin crazy with it
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Haaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!
F392211.jpg

True story though, this kid is gonna be an absolute nightmare. Unblockable. Yeah, I said it. He should still be in HS and he's already dominating. Didanyone see him at the Under Armour AA game?
sick.gif
Yeah, yeah...speed of thecollege game, better competition, 6'6" 300 lb OTs, blah blah blah.

Thanks for that article allen3xis. Our D should be nasty in the fall...as long as nobody gets hurt at LB.
frown.gif

Our offense has a ton of weapons, it'll all be up to the OL and that's real questionable. A lot of talent, just super young and inexperienced. Idon't know how confident I am about it, but the opening game against Bama in the Georgia Dome should be wild.

Bowers is gonna be a f'n ANIMAL....

We gotta play this _ for 3 years
smh.gif
smh.gif

I hope gets sick before every Clempsun/FSU game....

Went from Gaines Adams....To Phillip Merling...Now Bowers
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

smh.gif
smh.gif

Went from Gaines Adams....To Phillip Merling... Now Ricky Sapp Bowers
indifferent.gif

fixed

and that picture of the Vols player is
sick.gif
what he end up breaking ortearing?

* Cornerback Dionte Allen did not participate in the spring game because he tore a ligament in his left ankle during last Monday's practice. He will undergo surgery to repair the tear.
That sucks. It would be a shame if he missed much time this year after red shirting last year. I scouted him a little bit in the playoffs whenhe was a soph. in h.s. and he burned bro rice for a couple TD's I predicted that a Michigan offer was waiting on his doorstep... along w/ FSU/UF/ND/USC andwhoever else came calling, haha

Besides this tear has he raised any eyebrows at CB? Has he bulked up at all, he was rail thin is H.S.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by dreClark

smh.gif
smh.gif

Went from Gaines Adams....To Phillip Merling... Now Ricky Sapp Bowers
indifferent.gif

fixed

and that picture of the Vols player is
sick.gif
what he end up breaking or tearing?

True.
Sapp plays Weakside DE right???

I think Meriling and Adams played Strongside DE majority of the time...

Besides this tear has he raised any eyebrows at CB? Has he bulked up at all, he was rail thin is H.S.
Dionte has put on a coulple pounds. Has done some good things this summer. he's had a lot of reps since Micheal Ray Garvin is focusing ontrack for the spring and is not practicing. Still has room for improvement...But, him and Terrance Parks are our CB's of the future...
happy.gif

I know it's not an objective opinion but a bunch of people close to the team are saying we'll be just as strong, if not BETTER at SDE this season (itwas Merling). Plus, we've got Ricky Sapp at Bandit still.

Dre...I've been following this post but what's the deal with FSU now? Outside of the BC game last year, I don't remember FSU looking too hot but Ididn't get to see all their games. You think Jimbo's system is gonna make a difference this year? Still relying on Weatherford at QB? I know y'allgot talent, but is it gonna come together? There definitely have been a ton of players I wish Clemson would've gotten that went to FSU, there's been somany from SC that've been solid for y'all. I don't know if I could predict more than 7 wins though...what are you thinking? I can't lie, I likebeating FSU (often) but it'd be nice to see them and the U back to being at least top 25 teams.

PS. That pic of the UT injury made me cough up my granola bar.
sick.gif

^ Weatherford still has the edge at QB cause of experience even though he's been out all spring. Ponder could beat him out in the fall but i thinkWeatherford will be starting week 1. All the players have had 1 year to get used to his system and can hopefully put it together. I think the defense will bebetter than last years. The offense not really sure at this point
eyes.gif

We better win more than 7 !*+%+@+ games
mad.gif

We need to make some strides and start being a factor in the ACC again. I hope Jimbo's system starts to come together this year, our O has just beenhorrible. It's time to Myron to start playing we need and expect him to play, he has been a letdown. Hopefully Greg Carr will decide to dominate this year,even though he hasn't played consistent since is freshman year.

Its time to get a 9 win season. I know im pushing it but its time.

Yeah, Daquan Bowers made Tyler Love (Bama) his whipping boy in the UA game. He didn't do much against Dan O'Neill who is gonna be in Ann Arbor verysoon so that made me feel good. Daquan called Dan by name and said he was a beast and he was having trouble with him. I loved hearing that. Dan should besecond team LT/RT when he steps foot on campus. 6'8 295lbs is gonna be nice.

Taylor Mays is very scary. What is he? 230? 240? Still running around or under 4.4? Not right at all.

Taylor Mays is a beast...hes pretty much a LB playin Safety with crazy speed. That USC defence is looking scary, the got playmakers at every level. .Hopefullythey trash the buckeyes when they play them

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Taylor Mays has been hitting the gym:

scrimmage230xs6.jpg

Bless thy USC song girls:

scrimmage717ue1.jpg

pimp.gif

Looks like he's making trip across the boarder to mexhico for some medical supplies...
If he didn't have his wrists taped so tight, I'd bealmost positive he's on the juice.

^ Taylor is one kid I have no doubts about. That kid is clean. He was huge (220lbs) when he was in HS and is in his 3rd year in a college weight program.Cushing is another story IMO, because he looked like he had some gyno early in his college career.

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- No more freebies in Neyland Stadium.

Tennessee students wanting to see the Volunteers play will have to pay beginning this fall.

Since men's athletics gets no cut from the activities fee that students pay, administrators have decided to charge students for football. The price will be $90 for a season ticket or $15 a game.

With 14,000 student tickets set aside in 100,000-seat Neyland Stadium, that should mean about $1.6 million more a year for the athletic department.

Every other seat in the house comes with a ticket charge, a donation requirement or both.

Tennessee is one of only three SEC schools that haven't charged students for football. The others are Vanderbilt and South Carolina.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

what the %+$% yall was getting Free tickets to vols games

F392449.jpg

625438.jpg

F392451.jpg

F392452.jpg

Imma miss Lamarcus Coker, I wonder how he's doin at Hampton...
I got a feeling hisstory is gonna end up just like Former Tenn. RB Onterrio Smith, I hope he gets his @+%@ together, his talent is ridiculous

Tennessee fullback David Holbert underwent successful surgery Wednesday to repair knee ligament damage suffered during the Vols' first full scrimmage of spring practice.

According to head athletic trainer Jason McVeigh, Holbert will require at least one more surgery on his injured left knee.

He used a medical redshirt during the 2007 season after tearing the ACL in his right knee during fall camp.

Holbert is expected to undergo the second surgery this summer and continue his rehab after that.

His status for the 2008 season remains uncertain

Yea, UT Football games were free for students. 15 bucks aint bad, but free is better

Gators' 2006 BCS Title Trophy Falls Off Stand, Breaks

ADVERTISEMENT
Click here for The Tampa Tribune's Partner Hotels!

By JENNA MARINA

Tribune Correspondent

Published: April 14, 2008

GAINESVILLE - Oops.

The Gators' 2006 BCS National Championship trophy fell off of its stand in Florida's football offices and broke Friday, Florida's operations and facilities director Chip Howard said Monday.

Because Florida is preparing to move to its new offices, which are expected to be completed in July, Howard said the trophy was in a temporary location in an open area of one of the stadium's sky boxes.

"It was on a coffee table, and it was inadvertently bumped," Howard said. "It doesn't take much for the top of it to fall off."

The trophy was insured for $8,000, and the university has already put in an order to replace it. Howard said it should take about 90 days for the new Waterford crystal trophy to reach Gainesville.
This news may leave hundreds of fans confused since the trophy was displayed for a photo opportunity prior to the spring game Saturday.

But they did still pose with the national championship trophy - sort of.

Howard said each institution has the option of ordering two trophies at the time of winning the championship. The trophy that was displayed outside of the stadium Saturday morning was the second trophy.
Reader Comments
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not really news worthy....But hey...

here are some of the recruits (some already signed LOI) to the Ohio State Spring Game....

Most of the 2008 class, including....
Terrelle Pryor Jeannette, Pennsylvania *****

Marcus Hall Glenville, Ohio *****
Dorian Bell Gateway, Pennsylvania *****
John Simon Mooney, Ohio *****
Jordan Whiting Louisville, KY ****
Corey Brown Gateway, Pennsylvania ****
CJ Barnett Northmont, Ohio ****
Storm Klein Licking Valley, Ohio ****
Brandon McGee Plantation, Florida ****
Darrell Givens Lackey, Maryland ****
James Jackson Grand Ledge, Michigan ****
Jordan Hall Jeannette, Pennsylvania ****
Chris Fields Painesville Harvey, Ohio ****
Jamie Wood Pickerington, Ohio ****
James Green Tallahassee, Florida ****
Melvin Fellows Garfield Heights, Ohio ****
DJ Hunter Middletown, Ohio ****
Victor Marc Hallandale, Florida ***
Jonathan Newsome Glenville, Ohio ***
Vladamir Emilien Plantation, Florida
Jaamal Berry Miami, Florida
Duron Carter St. Thomas Aquinas, Florida
Chris Freeman Trotwood, Ohio
Justin Boren Pickerington, Ohio
Zach Boren Pickerington, Ohio
Mike Edwards Glenville, Ohio

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

here are some of the recruits (some already signed LOI) to the Ohio State Spring Game....

Most of the 2008 class, including....
Terrelle Pryor Jeannette, Pennsylvania *****

Marcus Hall Glenville, Ohio *****
Dorian Bell Gateway, Pennsylvania *****
John Simon Mooney, Ohio *****
Jordan Whiting Louisville, KY ****
Corey Brown Gateway, Pennsylvania ****
CJ Barnett Northmont, Ohio ****
Storm Klein Licking Valley, Ohio ****
Brandon McGee Plantation, Florida ****
Darrell Givens Lackey, Maryland ****
James Jackson Grand Ledge, Michigan ****
Jordan Hall Jeannette, Pennsylvania ****
Chris Fields Painesville Harvey, Ohio ****
Jamie Wood Pickerington, Ohio ****
James Green Tallahassee, Florida ****
Melvin Fellows Garfield Heights, Ohio ****
DJ Hunter Middletown, Ohio ****
Victor Marc Hallandale, Florida ***
Jonathan Newsome Glenville, Ohio ***
Vladamir Emilien Plantation, Florida
Jaamal Berry Miami, Florida
Duron Carter St. Thomas Aquinas, Florida
Chris Freeman Trotwood, Ohio
Mike Edwards Glenville, Ohio
What do you buckeyes think about this situation?

Duron Carter is Chris Carter's son right? What type of prospect is he, or is it just because he is a legacy?

Back
Top Bottom