¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

heard on the radio that tickets to Nebraska's spring game are going for as high as $95.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Duron Carter is Chris Carter's son right? What type of prospect is he, or is it just because he is a legacy?
Big reciever, 6'3-6'4, 4.5-6 40, great hands

Seems to me that he's a pretty good prospect. Not one of the top 200 guys in the country, but it sounds like he might be able to get 4*'s

Great hands, catches everything

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
Joe McKnight having Academic Difficulties, Pimp where you at! Get it together Boy!

laugh.gif
hes just being a team player and sitting out so the otherbacks can get some shine this spring.

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
Joe McKnight having Academic Difficulties, Pimp where you at! Get it together Boy!

laugh.gif
hes just being a team player and sitting out so the other backs can get some shine this spring.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"I hope them boys come to Tallahassee"

well lately the recruits who have already signed with the Buckeyes seem to be the biggest key to recruiting... so hopefully with the stadium filled with crazybuckeyes fans, it gives them a taste for what the "horseshoe" has to offer
smile.gif

"I hope them boys come to Tallahassee"

well lately the recruits who have already signed with the Buckeyes seem to be the biggest key to recruiting... so hopefully with the stadium filled with crazybuckeyes fans, it gives them a taste for what the "horseshoe" has to offer
smile.gif

[h1]Everybody's All-American?[/h1]
Everybody's All American?

Pete Sampson
IrishIllustrated.com Editor
Duval Kamara thought outside the box. Then he raised thebar.

[table][tr][td]
632769.jpg
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Matt Cashore[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Duval Kamara[/td] [/tr][/table]While most Irish players list their personal goals with the excitement of an automated voice mail greeting, the wide receiver took a new tack on aclichÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]d question. Asked to identify his long-range targets, Kamara resisted the programmed temptation to just help the team, give 110 percent and blah, blah,blah.

"I'm just trying to go out there and be the No. 1 receiver and just try to be an All-American this year," Kamara said. "I'll just takeit step by step."

Or maybe skip a few.

At first glance, Kamara's freshman numbers don't inspire as much as they simply confirm the 6-foot-5, 225-pound athlete's status as a bona fidecollege wide out.

Yet while 32 catches for 357 yards and four touchdowns doesn't sound like noteworthy stat line, consider how that haul broke Heisman Trophy winner TimBrown's record for catches by an Irish freshman. The standout from Hoboken, N.J., also set the mark for touchdown receptions by a rookie.

Not bad considering in his first four games Kamara made five catches for 48 yards and no scores.

"His quickness is one thing he really wanted to work on and it's paid off," said quarterback Jimmy Clausen. "It's great having a bigtarget like Duval. Whether it's running across the middle or just throwing it up to him in the end zone, I always know that he'll go up and getit."

The fact Kamara found his college footing so quickly surprised even some of Notre Dame's coaches considering the receiver worked in a Wing-T offense atHoboken High School. The former four-star recruit posted 33 catches for 560 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior, not anonymous statistics but not the kindblue chip wide outs often post either.

"He really was further ahead than maybe we had anticipated," said receivers coach Rob Ianello. "He's a very coachable player. He takescorrections and will try to apply them and work at them. He's very conscientious that way."

If Kamara's route running caught some off guard, the receiver's ability to toss around defenders didn't. Even before Kamara stepped into NotreDame's weight program he had the look of a potentially dominant downfield blocker, a part he played often in high school.

"Coming in you're kind of nervous the first play," Kamara said. "You're not expecting to be as strong as the other guys, but once youget a few plays in you realize that you can really do it, you can run with these guys and it's not that big of a difference.

"I was expecting (it to be) a little tougher."

Turns out Kamara's welcome-to-college moment came in the classroom. Academics kept the receiver on the bench against Air Force last season and a careerdevelopment course has delayed his practice arrival for most of the spring. While Kamara said he's in good academic standing, life as a Notre Dame studenthas been harder than his role as Irish wide receiver.

"It's a little more than I expected," Kamara said. "I kind of expected it to be hard. That just comes with the territory."

That one-game benching proved eye-opening too.

"At first it hit me kind of hard. (Charlie Weis) is big on academics so I can't go against that. I felt like I let the team down that game. I thoughtI owed it to the team to come out the next game and perform really well the rest of the season."

Kamara did that, leading all Irish wide outs in receptions and yards per game. Now the rising sophomore wants to not only lead Notre Dame's receivers inproduction, but every other college program's too.

340x.jpg

lou+pep+talk.JPG

pimp.gif

After showing 11 different formations and personnel groups to start the scrimmage on Saturday, the personnel groupings grew by two and both Gerald Jones and Eric Berry took a snap or two at quarterback.

Granted it was only a couple of snaps in full team work, but on the final Tuesday of spring practice, it was certainly noteworthy.

"We got a few plays in for Eric Berry and for Gerald Jones," Fulmer said. "We trying to get the ball in the hands of good players. All of that went fine."

Jones admitted that he had wondered if the package for him would return or if it would get scrapped.

"I actually had some doubts about it returning," Jones said. "I think coach Clawson is a great guy. He is straight forward and he allows you to prove yourself. It wasn't broke last year so don't take it away."

For Eric Berry it was the first time he had taken a snap since being a senior year of high school, but the sophomore standout admitted it came back to him very easily.

"I enjoyed it," Berry said. "They just came up to me today before practice and told me they were going to give it a look. I had flashbacks to high school. That was pretty much our base offense so it was pretty easy today."

Despite the layoff, Berry looked natural and Jones said Berry didn't need any help from them.

"Advice? Eric Berry don't need any advice," Jones said. "He's Eric Berry. If he gets the ball in his hands he is going to do what he is going to do. He don't need any advice."

pimp.gif

Southern Mississippi running back Antwain Easterling, who was indefinitely suspended on Feb. 19 for a violation of team rules, won't return to the program, a person close to the situation said Monday.

Easterling was a highly touted running back from Miami Northwestern High School who came to Southern Miss after being involved in a sex scandal that was covered up by high school officials.

Easterling was charged with second-degree lewd and lascivious battery on a minor after he had sex with a 14-year-old girl in a school bathroom when he was 18.

He was suspended indefinitely from the team by coach Larry Fedora on Feb. 19 for a violation of team rules. Last week, Fedora told the Hattiesburg American that Easterling remained suspended despite the fact the school's Registrar's Office said he was no longer enrolled.

"I didn't know he wasn't in school, but nothing has changed on his status," Fedora said. "You don't have to be in school to play in the fall, just as long as you're eligible."

Easterling, who ran for 85 yards on 16 carries in two games as a freshman, avoided jail with a pretrial diversion program.

Joe Schad is a college football reporter for ESPN.com

Mark Sanchez was officially named the starting QB today. No big surprise, but it's official now. Mustain still has Fall camp, but this competition ispretty much over unless MS gets injured or forgets how to throw a football.

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Mark Sanchez was officially named the starting QB today. No big surprise, but it's official now. Mustain still has Fall camp, but this competition is pretty much over unless MS gets injured or forgets how to throw a football.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Mark Sanchez was officially named the starting QB today. No big surprise, but it's official now. Mustain still has Fall camp, but this competition is pretty much over unless MS gets injured or forgets how to throw a football.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

We'll always have the memories:

d9c25ac426ad94a764d56e7965a8e936a1521c5.pjpg

369353dc48bba41b43e06bdb572ecafb5de3027.pjpg

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Originally Posted by dreClark

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

We'll always have the memories:

d9c25ac426ad94a764d56e7965a8e936a1521c5.pjpg

369353dc48bba41b43e06bdb572ecafb5de3027.pjpg

frown.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

pic of uclas practice from yesterday:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

UCLA's football team did its annual "Over the Wall" day on Tuesday, where players suddenly run off the field and into the locker room so they dont have to practice, a move that caught Rick Neuheisel off-guard.

To say Neuheisel -- who described himself as a proud wall climber during his playing days -- was less-than-pleased might be a vast understatement. But he accepted the move and practice did not take place.

But instead of going over the wall, this year's team simply ran through a gate.

"Man, I'm from the hood," linebacker Reggie Carter, an LA Crenshaw High graduate said. "If I'm going over a wall, I'm going hard. I didn't want to hurt myself."

Only quarterback Pat Cowan went over the wall.

"We thought about it, but it's a big wall," senior tight end Logan Paulsen said. "A little bit of the tradition got lost, but nobody got hurt."

The move did npt sit well with some assistants, who had heard of the move but felt the team lost a valuable day of practice. UCLA may not get the day back, as the NCAA only allows 15 spring sessions and because the team stretched, it may count as a practice day.

"Traditions," first-year offensive coordinator Norm Chow mumbled as he was leaving the Acosta Center. "They have so many traditions around here, all those national championships."

tired.gif
tired.gif
i read that @*$% last night. i dont care if its Tradition get your sorry%$#%#%# %%+ on the %$#%#%# field

"Man, I'm from the hood," linebacker Reggie Carter, an LA Crenshaw High graduate said. "If I'm going over a wall, I'm going hard. I didn't want to hurt myself."
roll.gif
Homeboy right there is keeping it real, lol.

pic of uclas practice from yesterday:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

UCLA's football team did its annual "Over the Wall" day on Tuesday, where players suddenly run off the field and into the locker room so they dont have to practice, a move that caught Rick Neuheisel off-guard.

To say Neuheisel -- who described himself as a proud wall climber during his playing days -- was less-than-pleased might be a vast understatement. But he accepted the move and practice did not take place.

But instead of going over the wall, this year's team simply ran through a gate.

Only quarterback Pat Cowan went over the wall.

"We thought about it, but it's a big wall," senior tight end Logan Paulsen said. "A little bit of the tradition got lost, but nobody got hurt."

The move did npt sit well with some assistants, who had heard of the move but felt the team lost a valuable day of practice. UCLA may not get the day back, as the NCAA only allows 15 spring sessions and because the team stretched, it may count as a practice day.

"Traditions," first-year offensive coordinator Norm Chow mumbled as he was leaving the Acosta Center. "They have so many traditions around here, all those national championships."

Ohio St will play Penn St (at home) at night this yr. Its only the 8th home night game for osu (6-1).
Spring game is saturday btw.

Originally Posted by IYE2

Ohio St will play Penn St (at home) at night this yr. Its only the 8th home night game for osu (6-1).
Spring game is saturday btw.

Night games are awesome. I can only hope that the new Michigan stadium will someday incorporate lights.

And then there was two for No. 3.

The nation's No. 3-ranked player, Oxnard (Calif.) Santa Clara running back Cierre Wood, has reduced his list to two schools. After considering a slewof scholarship offers from the likes of Auburn, California, Florida, Nebraska, North Carolina, USC and others, the battle to get Wood comes down to twotraditional powers.

[table][tr][td]
CIERREWOOD3JD08200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cierre Wood said he's narrowed his choices down to Notre Dame and UCLA.[/td] [/tr][/table]"I just narrowed it down to UCLA and Notre Dame," Wood, a five-star prospect that is 6 feet and 192 pounds, said."It's down to just the two schools."

Wood said the decision to cut the others from the list was done to help better the pressure of the recruiting process. This way he won't have to beinundated with calls from schools during the spring evaluation process.

"I really couldn't even tell you when or how I'm going to decide," he said. "It's so hard to choose now. I'm going to be thereat this school for four years. It's a really big decision. Do I want to go away or stay close to home?"

Wood, who rushed for 1,407 yards and 17 scores as a sophomore and then 2,600 yards and 42 touchdowns last year, said he spoke just this morning with the UCLAcoaches.

"We just talked about what it's like school-wise," he said. "We talked about where it's located, and how it's close to home. We alsotalked about academics and the weather. I've been up there a few times, and I really like it. UCLA is a very good option for me to consider."

Notre Dame will get a chance to show what it is about this weekend when it plays host to Wood for an unofficial visit for the spring game. Wood leaves tomorrowand will be in South Bend, Ind., until Sunday morning.

"I'm expecting Notre Dame to bring out all the stops," Wood said. "My mom is always on the computer and looking at the fans. The Notre Damefans are real crazy. They're so passionate about their program. I wouldn't be surprised if I see my name on posters and signs.

"I know it's a show. That wouldn't get me too excited, but my mom is going to go crazy if somebody comes up and asks me for an autograph."

Wood, who also has been selected as a U.S. Army All-American, said in the end he's going to have to follow his heart. And by reducing his schools to thefinal two, he can now remain focused on getting even better for the 2008 season.

"I'm trying to get bigger than I was last year," Wood said. "I want to be at 205 by the season. So I'm working hard in the weight roomand working on improving my speed. It's important I make sure and do everything I can so I can be the best player for my teammates."

jesse-praying.jpg

Back
Top Bottom