¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

I'm just in here to stir the pot...

FSU fans just praying that Richt would get fired.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

I'm just in here to stir the pot...

FSU fans just praying that Richt would get fired.
laugh.gif

nah it's not the FSU fan in me. It's the @$%# you guys almost lost to Vandy for back to back years.

ND's Weis: 'To hell with Michigan'
Chris Balas
TheWolverine.com Senior Editor

Talk about it in The Fort
Apparently, even consecutive embarrassing losses at the hands of rival Michigan can't stifle Charlie Weis. Notre Dame's self-proclaimed coaching genius was caught on film again recently, this time predicting Michigan "excuses" and embracing opportunities to make a statement.

[table][tr][td]
541859.jpg
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Charlie Weis[/td] [/tr][/table]"I've always been one never to make excuses and not blow hot air and [believe] you back your words by your performance on the field," the Notre Dame head coach said at what appeared to be an alumni reception before or after the April 19 Notre Dame Blue - Gold game. "I think that's the message our team is going to [follow] on September 6 with San Diego State. I think the first opportunity we'll have to make a statement is that day.

"Then we'll listen to Michigan have all their excuses as they come running in saying how they have a new coaching staff and those changes. To hell with Michigan."

Whether that was a disparaging remark toward the U-M program or a plea for divine intervention after 47-21 and 38-0 beatings the last two years isn't entirely clear.

But while the win total continues to decline in South Bend, Weis' bravado has been remarkably steady. Two years ago it was an alleged comment that his Irish would "never lose to Michigan State again" following an overtime loss to the Spartans, prompting MSU quarterback Drew Stanton to respond, "That's a pretty bold statement to make that you're never going to lose to a team that's beaten you seven out of the last nine times."

A miraculous, fourth quarter comeback at Spartan Stadium in 2006 kept Weis true to his word for a year. A porous offensive line, poor team chemistry and coaching the AFCA - let alone MENSA - wouldn't endorse dashed the prognostication in 2007 in what would be a three-win season.

So what will Charlie say next?

Maybe we'll get a repeat of 2006, when Weis proclaimed in a pregame pep rally, "We have not said a word about Michigan. We have not talked about their players; we have not talked about their coaches. We'll talk tomorrow." ... and became the butt of blogger jokes across the Internet in the aftermath.

Perhaps it will be an address like the one he gave recently to an alumni gathering in Gettysburg in which he reportedly proclaimed, "I could get hoodlums and thugs and win tomorrow. I won't do it that way." (Cue a resounding PFFFFFFFFFFFT of hot air leaking from the excuse balloon).

Instead he'll attempt to do it with the "decided schematic advantage" he promised his players and followers when he first arrived on campus. A bit more of that, a bit less gum flapping and maybe even Irish fans will have a reason to tune in to NBC this fall.

Did we even discuss this idiot Weis' "He would win if he was putting thugs on the field too" statement?

He's a douche. He thought he was gonna be God's gift to CFB. I'll give him two more years then he's gone.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Did we even discuss this idiot Weis' "He would win if he was putting thugs on the field too" statement?

I think people are really starting to see what type of "coach" he really is. He talks a lot of yang for getting 2 monster beatdowns put on hishead by Michigan the last 2 years. Hell, he couldn't even win the lawsuit he filed for against the doctor that botched his surgery on.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

WAIT WHAT? thats what he said? i heard jim romo riping him for a statement he said but didnt no it was along them lines.

Charlie Weis has a plan for the University of Notre Dame football team and, according to Weis, it is only two-thirdscomplete.

Weis wants to assemble individuals who are good people first, studious people second and good football players third.

The first two Weis has accomplished. The last is the one he and the Fighting Irish faithful are waiting for.

"You have to establish a plan and stick to it," Weis told a crowd of Notre Dame alumni and supporters Wednesday at The PikeRestaurant in Gettysburg. "We're on the right track in those aspects."

Something the Irish fans probably want to hear, coming off a disappointing 2007 campaign.

"I buy it," Notre Dame Club of Gettysburg president and alumnus Brendan Cushing-Daniels said about Weis' message."I think were on the right track and I'm looking for a dramatically better performance on the field this year."

His plan has worked so far. Weis mentioned that he has had very little social problems to deal with in his three years as coach ofNotre Dame.

"I could get hoodlums and thugs and win tomorrow," Weis said. "I won't do it thatway."

The same goes with school. If he knows a recruit is not committed to putting in the rigorous academic work at NotreDame, he will tell that person to try another school that may be less demanding academically.

With two-thirds of his plan in place and spring practice just finished, Weis sees a bright future for hissquad.

"I am optimistic about the future,"

Advertisement

<SCRIPT language='JavaScript1.1' SRC="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/N1942...;f=427166;h=420947;k=;ord=0.3166550436140939?"></script>

Weis said. "There isn't one aspect that I didn't think got better."
One aspect Weis didn't expect when he took the job four years ago was how many different roles he would have to play.

He has to be coach, dad, administrator and representative, including speaking to alumni groups such as the one in Gettysburg.

Weis does this because the NCAA passed a rule forbidding head coaches from going on the road and recruiting in the spring. So, to manage his time -something he is big on - Weis travels to alumni groups around the country to deliver his message for the future.

Wednesday's luncheon at Gettysburg attracted around 160 alumni and fans.

Gettysburg was one of the chosen groups because it won an award last year and Weis visits those groups who won awards the previous year.

The Notre Dame Club of Gettysburg won its group competition in supporting the mission of the alumni association and the mission of the university.

"We found out a year ago we were the outstanding club," Cushing-Daniels said. "We didn't find out that Weis was coming out here until amonth or two ago, when the NCAA passed the recruiting rule. It was a couple weeks after that."

After a brief question-and-answer period with the audience, Weis was presented with a key to the borough of Gettysburg and was given a $1,000 check from theclub for his charity, Hannah and Friends, that helps people with disabilities.

Notre Dame begins its football season on Sept 6. at home against San Diego State.

so the coach at Notre Dame said that and it wasnt even talked about in the sports world?
tired.gif

Apparantly Coach Weis knows exactly who is putting thugs on the field, do tell ...
and because an athlete doesnt feel like taking a pseudo-Ivy league course load, I guess that makes players "Thugs".

I guess its news to Coach Weis that ND has never taken prop 48 candidates and has never compromised their stance onacademics. when's the last time ND signed a juco kid?
He is getting the same athletes that Notre Dame has always gotten.

It wasnt an excuse for Ty, it wasnt an excuse for Lou Holtz, It wasnt an excuse for Bob Davie, but it seems its working for him.

I guess if he can convince as many people as possible that this brilliant horse @*@* idea is why he is not winning, more power to him.
soem of us, arent as gullible.

and people wonder why there was a out cry over Ty been fired there still?

ND have NEVER taken a JUCO player, there like the only school that doesnt stanford may take one ever now and then same for UCLA and maybe a few other schools.ND TAKES NONE

so i guess if you dont have elite grades to get into ND you must be a thug

and people wonder why there was a out cry over Ty been fired there still?
Ty is an average coach and recruiter. He couldn't get it done. That Washington bandwagon got derailed quick last fall...he needed to go,now...

I'm not a Weis fan either, comments like those are just dumb and come off as being a sore loser.

He's got 2 years as far as I'm concerned. There better be progress this season and then for 09 we better be ready to compete, or he needs to go.

I'm not expecting the Notre Dame of old, my expectations aren't unrealistic..I've never got to witness a bowl win live...They have an edge up onrecruiting, they don't have to play in a conference or a conference title game...and with all the advantages there appear to be...they haven't doneanything meaningful in a while. I'm tired of it.

Now this...I have no problem with
I think that's the message our team is going to [follow] on September 6 with San Diego State. I think the first opportunity we'll have to make a statement is that day.

"Then we'll listen to Michigan have all their excuses as they come running in saying how they have a new coaching staff and those changes. To hell with Michigan."

pimp.gif

As far as the coach he is now...I was glad to see him give up the play callin and on the other side of the ball go get Tenuta.

Hopefully we won't see any 4th and 20's and going for it
indifferent.gif

I couldn't care less if Jabba says "To hell with Michigan". Its good that he hates us. The funny thing is, he and his fan base are making excusesabout their team not winning and then has the nerve to say that Michigan WILL come in making excuses after we play them. Before his first of 2 straightbeatdowns at the hands of Michigan he stated that he will let his talking be done on the field. Seems as if that logic has gone out the window. I love it. Anymore reason to hate ND is good for me. September 13th is a game that I am really dying to watch. It should be a good game. The other date I am waiting for isOctober 25th, when Jabba leads his team against Washington. I know Washington isn't going to be a great team but I think that team will want to win a gamefor Ty against ND. If that happened (not holding my breath) I would love to see what ND fans have to say.

roll.gif
Too bad Weiss will probably get fired before the next time we playNotre Lame.

Son is too fat to be crying. He needs to be watching his blood sugar level. That ##+# ain't healthy.
laugh.gif

HoneyBBQ Wings 33

Another name????

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Boy, you ought to be ashamed....

Unless this is not who I think it is...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

edit

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lemme find out Percy Harvin running his mouth and _'s from Gainesville (locals) pulled the steel out and put it in his face
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
roll.gif

edit #2 They pulled the Chopper out on him
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif
whos watching Rome is burning

Rich rodriquez is a G.
laugh.gif

He said +%+# michigan tradition of givin #1 jersey to the top wr, he gave it to a freshman db.

Braylon edwards has a half million dollar scholarship fund set up with the #1 jersey
laugh.gif
he said he's callin over there asap, this don't fly with hin

i just heard about Rich Rod @ Michigan. Dude just doesnt know what it means to fit in

Back
Top Bottom