¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

laugh.gif
whos watching Rome is burning

Rich rodriquez is a G.
laugh.gif

He said +%+# michigan tradition of givin #1 jersey to the top wr, he gave it to a freshman db.

Braylon edwards has a half million dollar scholarship fund set up with the #1 jersey
laugh.gif
he said he's callin over there asap, this don't fly with hin

Is that what that was about? I heard him say something about RR making the Michigan faithful unhappy on his radio show but I didnt heart it was about. I read about it in the paper. I'm against it, imo they should just retire the #1 jersey, they def. shouldnt give it to a freshman db. I mean why would you upset ppl who are giving money to the school?

I LOVE how the media has no clue what is going on. Please somebody show me a spring roster where numbers have been given out to players. JT Floyd is theFreshman DB that has supposedly be given the #1 jersey, yet his father and he know nothing of it. I couldn't care less who gets the jersey so long as theyperform. But the thing is, Darryl Stonum was rumored to get the #1 jersey but he doesn't want it and was wearing #22 all winter and spring. JT Floyd wasactually wanting the #9. It is getting blown out of proportion as usual but I highly doubt Coach Rod cares.

The media?
it was braylon edwards makin phone calls about it...

Don't dismiss it so quick as the media slant when the alumnus who has set up the fund is voicing his concern

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

The media?

Don't dismiss it so quick as the media slant when the alumnus who has set up the fund is voicing his concern

Braylon has already backed off the comment. I don't know if he caught wind from someone else and jumped the gun (most likely) but since he said he wasgoing to talk to Rich Rod, I assume he got some crap info. This is a direct quote from insiders: First,a note on the No. 1 'controversy.' Sources inside Schembechler Hall say former U-M receiver Braylon Edwards is NOT upset with the new coaching staffabout the use of his No. 1, in large part because numbers aren't even officially issued until August and nothing has been set in stone. They have been intouch with Edwards, and he has had nothing but positive things to say about Rich Rodriguez and the new staff.

And also. The scholly he set up states that the football staff gets to choose who wears the #1 and never stipulates that it must be a WR.

Originally Posted by dreClark

HoneyBBQ Wings 33

Another name????

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Boy, you ought to be ashamed....

Unless this is not who I think it is...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

edit

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lemme find out Percy Harvin running his mouth and _'s from Gainesville (locals) pulled the steel out and put it in his face
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
roll.gif

edit #2 They pulled the Chopper out on him
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

nerd.gif
where you read this?

Cool newbs, I'm just tellin u what I heard braylon say on tv.

If he backed off he backed off but he was hot about it when he was speakin

Originally Posted by Newbs24

The media?

Braylon has already backed off the comment. I don't know if he caught wind from someone else and jumped the gun (most likely) but since he said he was going to talk to Rich Rod, I assume he got some crap info. This is a direct quote from insiders: First, a note on the No. 1 'controversy.' Sources inside Schembechler Hall say former U-M receiver Braylon Edwards is NOT upset with the new coaching staff about the use of his No. 1, in large part because numbers aren't even officially issued until August and nothing has been set in stone. They have been in touch with Edwards, and he has had nothing but positive things to say about Rich Rodriguez and the new staff.

And also. The scholly he set up states that the football staff gets to choose who wears the #1 and never stipulates that it must be a WR.

ohwell.gif
everyone knows who wears the number 1 jersey at michgan and edwardsset that up for a reason if you think he gave money for it to go to anyone but a WR your kidding yourself and the minute he gives it to someone other then a WRedwards will be asking for his money back and never speak of michigan again.

Originally Posted by HotSpitta26

Originally Posted by dreClark

HoneyBBQ Wings 33

Another name????

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Boy, you ought to be ashamed....

Unless this is not who I think it is...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

edit

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lemme find out Percy Harvin running his mouth and _'s from Gainesville (locals) pulled the steel out and put it in his face
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
roll.gif

edit #2 They pulled the Chopper out on him
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

nerd.gif
where you read this?

A Rivals scout/writer/employee that im cool with.....

Same dude that told me Marcus Ball is a weed seller, Preston is known as a 'dope boy' and the same dude that told me Geno Hayes was going pro overthe summer...

You got banned????
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

The media?

Braylon has already backed off the comment. I don't know if he caught wind from someone else and jumped the gun (most likely) but since he said he was going to talk to Rich Rod, I assume he got some crap info. This is a direct quote from insiders: First, a note on the No. 1 'controversy.' Sources inside Schembechler Hall say former U-M receiver Braylon Edwards is NOT upset with the new coaching staff about the use of his No. 1, in large part because numbers aren't even officially issued until August and nothing has been set in stone. They have been in touch with Edwards, and he has had nothing but positive things to say about Rich Rodriguez and the new staff.

ohwell.gif
everyone knows who wears the number 1 jersey at michgan and edwards set that up for a reason if you think he gave money for it to go to anyone but a WR your kidding yourself and the minute he gives it to someone other then a WR edwards will be asking for his money back and never speak of michigan again.
I am just stating what the scholly says. I like seeing the #1 on our premiere WR like everybody else but it has only been a WR number since AC donnedit in the 70's. Not too long for fans to get too upset over. I can see where Braylon put the money up and wants to keep it with the WR position but Idon't want another Tyrone Butterfield rockin that number and making it seem less important. I am sure everything will work out but I do not see anybody onthis team that is good enough to wear that number.

RR just dont fit in a scUM... as much as i am glad to see scUM in schambles, there is a tradition that has to be honored and apperantly he could care lessabout it... all the reason more to hate scUM..!!!!! but i doubt he is there very long...

I guess I don't see how we're in shambles just because of a "controversy" involving the #1 jersey. RR has done a lot already to keep the pplat Michigan happy. I'm sure if Braylon really does have a problem with RR would be more than willling to listen to him and compromise. IMO it shouldnt begiven out.

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

RR just dont fit in a scUM... as much as i am glad to see scUM in schambles, there is a tradition that has to be honored and apperantly he could care less about it... all the reason more to hate scUM..!!!!! but i doubt he is there very long...

Yeah... you don't know what you are talking about. Are you talking about all the old players coming back to workout in Michigans new weight room thatRR got there?
Larry Foote raving about how this team is bonding and how he can see a meteroic rise coming from RR and his staff?
The Michigan family starting to buy into RR even though expectations are down from the "experts"?
Some fat @@*% Justin Boren leaving because of "family values" when the fact was he was too fat and didn't like how the new staff runs stuff?
Mallett leaving because he wanted to go back home due to the fact that the players on the team didn't like him?
The 2008 recruiting class finishing as strong as I can remember a Michigan class finishing?
The 2009 recruiting class being way out ahead of any other class that Michigan has had at the same point?
Some controversy over a jersey number that has been "rumored" to be given to a freshman who doesn't have a number yet?
A football program that hasn't had a losing record in 40 years?
A football program that has been to 33 straight bowl games?

I think its great that people look at this program as one in shambles. I love lowered expectations. I am not ready to start writing this program off just yet.The first year is going to be tough, but the team is young and hungry.

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida safety Jamar Hornsby has been released after turning himself in Friday for allegedly using the credit card of a woman killed six months ago in an accident that also killed a teammate, The Gainesville Sun reported.

Hornsby, 21, a sophomore from Jacksonville, faces charges of credit card theft and fraudulent use of a credit card for allegedly using the card, starting the day after the woman's death, the newspaper reported.

He allegedly used a credit card issued to Ashley Slonina, a University of Florida student who died in an October 2007 motorcycle accident that also took the life of Gators walk-on Michael Guilford. It was not known how Hornsby obtained the card, the newspaper reported.

According to the report, Alachua County Court Judge William E. Davis explained that he ordered Hornsby's release because any money Hornsby spent on bond would be money that he could not repay to Slonina's family.

According to court records, the credit card abuse started Oct. 13, 2007, the day after Slonina's death, the newspaper reported.

Slonina, the girlfriend of another Florida teammate, was apparently getting a ride home from Guilford when his motorcycle struck a curb at high speed near campus early on the morning of Oct. 12.

Guilford, a walk-on defensive back, had earned national attention for playing the role of Ohio State quarterback Troy Smith on the scout team during preparation for the 2007 Bowl Championship Series national title game, which the Gators won 41-14.

Hornsby did not speak in court, except to answer the judge's questions, according to the Sun. His attorney, Huntley Johnson, said Hornsby would likely spend part of his release with his mother in Jacksonville until his next court appearance.

Johnson previously represented Hornsby on a misdemeanor charge that the attorney said stemmed from a downtown Gainesville fight in 2007, according to the report.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3388268
This is just foul
tired.gif

Yeah Jamar messed up with that. Kid hasn't done a thing at UF yet and this makes him even less liked by me.

Boren was smart for leaving cause RR does not put OL in the league....
If by smart you mean fat, lazy, spoiled, etc. then yes I agree. RR didnt have the talent at the OL at wvu as he's gonna have at Michigan. Alot of his OL were converted from other positions.

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida safety Jamar Hornsby has been released after turning himself in Friday for allegedly using the credit card of a woman killed six months ago in an accident that also killed a teammate, The Gainesville Sun reported.

Hornsby, 21, a sophomore from Jacksonville, faces charges of credit card theft and fraudulent use of a credit card for allegedly using the card, starting the day after the woman's death, the newspaper reported.

He allegedly used a credit card issued to Ashley Slonina, a University of Florida student who died in an October 2007 motorcycle accident that also took the life of Gators walk-on Michael Guilford. It was not known how Hornsby obtained the card, the newspaper reported.

According to the report, Alachua County Court Judge William E. Davis explained that he ordered Hornsby's release because any money Hornsby spent on bond would be money that he could not repay to Slonina's family.

According to court records, the credit card abuse started Oct. 13, 2007, the day after Slonina's death, the newspaper reported.

Slonina, the girlfriend of another Florida teammate, was apparently getting a ride home from Guilford when his motorcycle struck a curb at high speed near campus early on the morning of Oct. 12.

Guilford, a walk-on defensive back, had earned national attention for playing the role of Ohio State quarterback Troy Smith on the scout team during preparation for the 2007 Bowl Championship Series national title game, which the Gators won 41-14.

Hornsby did not speak in court, except to answer the judge's questions, according to the Sun. His attorney, Huntley Johnson, said Hornsby would likely spend part of his release with his mother in Jacksonville until his next court appearance.

Johnson previously represented Hornsby on a misdemeanor charge that the attorney said stemmed from a downtown Gainesville fight in 2007, according to the report.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Boy I tell you, UF players are really trying to stay in competition with FSU players for the dumb stuff these players are doing

SMFH
smh.gif

Anti-Fulmer Sign On Car Lands Signal Mountain Man With Obscenity Charge
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]posted May 6, 2008[/font]

A Signal Mountain man is facing an obscenity charge after displaying a sign on his car.

A sheriff's deputy who made the arrest said Jeremy Boyd Eaker, 20, of 7717 Sawyer Pike, had a sign reading: "F--- you, Fulmer."

It was on his car parked in his driveway.

The county officer who made the arrest said the sign "was visible to anyone passing by regardless of their age."

The sign apparently does not refer to the Tennessee football coach, but to a Signal Mountain officer named Fulmer.

Eaker is due in General Sessions Court on May 28.
laugh.gif

what an idiot, so instead of saying that the sign was for coach Fulmer, this dude tells the officer that it refered to another cop?

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_127410.asp

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

RR just dont fit in a scUM... as much as i am glad to see scUM in schambles, there is a tradition that has to be honored and apperantly he could care less about it... all the reason more to hate scUM..!!!!! but i doubt he is there very long...

Yeah... you don't know what you are talking about. Are you talking about all the old players coming back to workout in Michigans new weight room that RR got there?
Larry Foote raving about how this team is bonding and how he can see a meteroic rise coming from RR and his staff?
The Michigan family starting to buy into RR even though expectations are down from the "experts"?
Some fat @@*% Justin Boren leaving because of "family values" when the fact was he was too fat and didn't like how the new staff runs stuff?
Mallett leaving because he wanted to go back home due to the fact that the players on the team didn't like him?
The 2008 recruiting class finishing as strong as I can remember a Michigan class finishing?
The 2009 recruiting class being way out ahead of any other class that Michigan has had at the same point?
Some controversy over a jersey number that has been "rumored" to be given to a freshman who doesn't have a number yet?
A football program that hasn't had a losing record in 40 years?
A football program that has been to 33 straight bowl games?

I think its great that people look at this program as one in shambles. I love lowered expectations. I am not ready to start writing this program off just yet. The first year is going to be tough, but the team is young and hungry.

dang it, ill re-edit this in the morning.....

7 years and finally
3000 POST..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO BUCKEYES...!!!

Notre Dame to host Arizona State in Cowboys' new home in 2013

Associated Press

Updated: May 8, 2008, 4:08 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Notre Dame and Arizona State will play in the new $1 billion home of the Dallas Cowboys in 2013.

The Fighting Irish and Sun Devils announced Thursday they'll meet Oct. 5, 2013, at the facility in Arlington, Texas.

Other events already scheduled for the building: The Super Bowl after the 2010 season, the Cotton Bowl after the 2009 season, the Big 12 championship game in 2009 and 2010 and a series between Texas A&M and Arkansas.

"Bringing the storied tradition of Notre Dame football to the new stadium in Arlington to take on a national power like Arizona State makes this an exciting day for all of North Texas," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said in a news release.

The complex with a retractable roof is scheduled to open for the 2009 season.

Notre Dame will be the home team for the game, which will give NBC the television rights.

"We're thrilled to have a chance to return to North Texas where Notre Dame football has had such a rich tradition, particularly through our appearances in the Cotton Bowl over the years," Notre Dame athletic director Kevin White said.

Arizona State AD Lisa Love called it "a magnificent game for our fans and alumni."

The Irish and Sun Devils played a home-and-home series in 1998-99, with Notre Dame winning both.

Hopefully both teams are good that year. I'll probably try to go to it since it's in my hometown.

Back
Top Bottom