Oct. 18 Open Date
Oct. 25 at Washington
Nov. 1 PITTSBURGH
Nov. 8 at Boston College
Nov. 15 at Navy (Baltimore)
Nov. 22 SYRACUSE
Nov. 29 at USC

No excuse for not winning 7 or 8 games. None

8 wins?! Who would they beat? I think 5 or 6 is more realistic.

Outside of at Michigan State and at USC....I don't see another game you can chalk up as an automatic L right now.
8 is a stretch.

I think 7 is realistic...

SDSU, Stanford, @ Navy, @ Cuse....those should be automatic..
Then taking 3 out of the remaining is not crazy...it will be a better team then last season.

Is Michigan not beatable with everyone on offense gone and a whole new regime in? BC is trash now...outside of Locker, Washington - trash...NC, sometalent..young...beatable.

I'm in no way advocating we will be a good team.

I don't like this team right now. I don't like Weis.

But that schedule is extremely soft compared to years past.

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

^ U kidding me? Miami is gonna be better than Notre Dame this year, no questions asked. Their defense will be good, obviously but also Jarvis James is gonna be a beast this year. Though I am a Notre Dame fan because of their rich history and tradition, i don't see them being too successful anytime soon, hopefully Jimmy clausen will have a breakout season though.

Javarris James....

And yeah, Baby J and Super Coop make up a nice backfield....
As far as I'm concerned, ND, Miami, FSU....all trash right now.

Prove it on the field. I'm sick of the hype, the new staffs, new recruits, new QB's, all that #!+%!!+@.

Aint nothin change until results change on the field.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Its true though.....But uhh....

At least we won 7 games last year
happy.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

(Stoneface Snowman)

I can see ND getting 6 or 7 wins. I hope one isn't against Michigan but who knows. Tough to predict stuff before summer on final records. Hell, I wouldtake a double up of wins if I was an Irish fan. This schedule is so much easier than last years. Last year was too many bad things lining up for them.

As much as I hate to say it, things are starting to fall into that line with Michigan right now. Freshmen better be ready to play all over the field. We needbodies on the OL. I am just happy that we have a lot of playmakers in this recruiting class that can contribute soon.

Any Auburn fans ?

Im interested in their Spring sso far wasup with their depth chart at RB? QB situation, etc...

are any of ESPNs family of networks broadcasting any of the spring games this year? anyone got a tv schedule?

Why the +@@% does Major have on Camoflauge????
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

And....In Nole news...

Drew Weatherford has a knee injury....Not sure how bad it it though....

But it sounds like he's gonna have to get it scoped....

What happened to Percy Harvin's neck?

He joined TeamTraps
pimp.gif

although as a member he will need to step his chinstrap/beard game up

I am co-Chairman and a charter member.
DoubleJ is a Sr member and RayLewis put his Application in, I have to see more progress tho
laugh.gif

Hey, guys, you know what I was thinking that we needed...

Another bowl game!
ohwell.gif

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/mar/26/espn-eager-launch-bowl-game-st-petersburg/?sports

TAMPA - A proposed bowl game to be played at St. Petersburg's Tropicana Field starting this season will be submitted to the NCAA's bowl certifying board by Tuesday.

''We have been exploring with a number of partners, the viability of launching a bowl game in St. Petersburg,'' said Pete Derzis, senior vice president and general manager of ESPN Regional.

The game, to be televised on ESPN or ESPN2, would pit teams from the Big East Conference and Conference USA and is tentatively scheduled for Sunday night, Dec. 21, a Rays official said. If the Rays' outdoor stadium is built - if approved, it would open in 2012 - the bowl would move there.

Conference USA commissioner Britton Banowsky and Big East associate commissioner John Paquette had no comment Tuesday night.

The bowl, which likely would be named the St. Petersburg Bowl if a corporate sponsor can not be obtained, would be the sixth bowl run and operated by ESPN. The network's other bowls: Las Vegas, Hawaii, Armed Forces, Papajohns.com and New Mexico.

''We're involved in a process which requires NCAA bowl committee certification before anything is official,'' Derzis said. ''We have a tentative plan in place and continue to work on that plan with a number of stakeholders in the market. St. Petersburg is extremely attractive and our potential conference partners have indicated a desire for a Florida experience.''

The St. Petersburg bowl would make the Tampa Bay area the fifth community to host two bowl games along with Orlando (Champs Sports, Capital One), New Orleans (New Orleans, Sugar); Phoenix/Glendale, Ariz. (Insight, Fiesta); and San Diego (Poinsettia, Holiday).

The Outback Bowl, played at Raymond James Stadium, has been held annually in Tampa since 1986.

For the past two years, Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese and Big East athletic directors have expressed an interest about starting a bowl game in St. Petersburg. However, it was expected it wouldn't begin until the league's current bowl agreements end after the 2009 season.

After the NCAA is presented with the proposed bowl game information, the NCAA's bowl committee certification can approve the bowl by late April.

The addition of the St. Petersburg bowl would give the eight-team Big East seven bowls in 2008 along with the BCS, Gator/Sun, Meineke Car Care, Texas, International and Papajohns.com.

If approved, the St. Petersburg bowl will become the third collegiate bowl in the Tampa Bay area, joining the Outback Bowl and the defunct Cigar Bowl, held in Tampa from 1947 to 1954.

Reporter Marc Lancaster contributed to this report.

Speaking of adding another bowl game...

Screw the post season bowl game, we want the pre-season bowl game back!

Like 10 years ago this game was the first game of the season and it was called the Pigskin classic or something. Someone needs to petition the NCAA to bringthis joint back. Of course it would count towards a teams 12 games too

Drew missing the rest of Spring. Has to get surgery on slight tear on his right meniscus.. time for CP to step up and take the job.

Deonte Thompson has the Greg Oden Syndrome.....Dude looks like he is 37 years old.
Percy has bulked up hope he is till as shifty as he was.

Nole fans is D'Vontrey Richardson still a QB or now a WR? Is E.J. Manuel an early enrollee, and will he surpass Ponder for the #2 job? Besides Deuce Smithwho else will get carries this year? What position will Marcus Sims play? Sorry for all the ?s can't stand MLB just ready for some NCAA FB.

D'vo is still a QB. He is #2 on the depth chart with Drew out the rest of the spring. EJ is not an EE, he'll be on campus in June. Antone's realcompetition comes in June also with juco transfer Tavares Pressley. He should be a beast. Other than that we have Brandon Paul at RB. Marcus Sims will play FBlike last year.

come on now. how the hell are you going to give the Big East Conference and Conference USA a extra bowl bid

A little buzz about Texas QB Sherrod Harris possibly looking to transfer and Michigan might get a look. It would be nice. We wanted 2 QBs coming in and hewould be the 2nd. Added depth even if he would have to sit. Any Longhorn fans have any info on this situation?

USC guys, any word on Aaron Corp? I have heard he might look elsewhere as well. I have heard Mustain and Sanchez are battling it out pretty fierce already.

Back
Top Bottom