☆☆☆ Official Track&Field Thread ☆☆☆

LINK

IAAF: Jamaica asks to withdraw runners from worlds

By RAF CASERT (AP) - 2 hours ago

BERLIN - IAAF secretary general Pierre Weiss says Jamaica has asked to withdraw Asafa Powell, a former 100-meter world-record holder, and several teammates from the entry list for the world championships.

Weiss says the request was made Wednesday but didn't disclose a reason.

The Jamaican athletics federation has been in a dispute with several athletes over a training camp for the worlds.

Team manager Ian Forbes has previously identified the others as 100 Olympic champion Shelly-Ann Fraser, 400 hurdles Olympic gold medalist Melaine Walker, hurdler Brigitte Foster-Hylton and sprinter Shericka Williams.

The request could be rescinded because the final entry list has to be with organizers 48 hours before the opening event. The worlds start Saturday.

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

People are going IN on the Track & Field News Forum which IMO is the best Forum to discuss Athletics and get the latest news.

edit: Also next season no False Starts are allowed, ratified by the IAAF.

^ I checked out that t&f forum and all I can say is oh no
frown.gif
.There are already whispers about doping so for this to come about is not a good look. I personally don't think any of them are doping. I just thinkit's a matter of mismanagement and some misinformation floating around, but who knows.

man! asafa probably was on site in a washroom sweatin it up and when the clock was a minute past deadline dude showed up with the quickness. "what do youmean i cant run in the world championships?" and did one of those tiger celebratory gif's on the inside. im done waiting for him to deliver with allthe eyes of the world watching.

but shelly-ann and sherika
smh.gif
got dam

Apparently that same MVP Camp pulled the same thing before Beijing last year but got a pass with there "I didn't know it was mandatory" excuse. Ididn't even know Yohan Blake didn't even make the 100 team during the Nationals.
smh.gif

I haven't been hype for a WC's like this since 97' in Athens or '99 in Seville.

i wanna see the vblog straight after christine busses that aysssssss
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

who was that n' tearin down the back straight though??....from the fixed camera angle look like he had car speed
eek.gif

Starts 4am EST LIVE depending on what avenue your choosing to watch this.

Watching through channelsurfing.net right now
pimp.gif
(cbcsports.ca also showing for the fellow canadians).

Shot Put qualifications on right now, Round 1 of the Men's 100 starts 5:40am EST.

Frater won Heat 1
Patton won Heat 2

pimp.gif
Frankie Fredericks in the stands with his Kids.

^ I love British Announcers
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif
@ Asafa he almost got eliminated.

Had one of the best starts and drive phases but slowed down WAYYYYYY too early.

edit: Dwain Chambers wins Heat 4 in 10.18 (Fasuba of NIG and Rae Williams of USA who were also in that Heat finished2nd and 3rd)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Daniel Bailey wins Heat 5 in 10.28 bad start and had to work to get into the race,
smh.gif
not shaking theGerman's hand when he had it out.
Lemeitre of France wins Heat 6 in 10.23, Marc Burns finished 2nd....(watch out for that dude from
eek.gif
France 22 y/o 10.04 PB and caught Burns easily).
Andrew Hinds of Bahamas wins Heat 7 in 10.30, Simeon Williamson of GBR 2nd.
Usain Bolt wins Heat 8 in 10.21 with a great start for his standards IMO.
Francis of Qatar wins Heat 9 in 10.21 Martina finished 3rd and looked terrible but that's been his wholeseason.
Richard Thompson wins Heat 10 in 10.36, Tyrone Edgar finished 2nd.
Tyson Gay wins Heat 11 in 10.16, Kim Collins finished 2nd.
Mike Rodgers wins Heat 12 in 10.25

If theres one thing us Brits bring even on telly its real comments nuthin sugar coated lol truth gets told.

Asafa switching off halfway checking himself out on the big screen
tired.gif
wata fool.

Remember thats Steve Cram commentating so he knows a thing or 2 about running all the BBC athletics team are ex athletes Michael Johnson,Colin Jackson,DeniseLewis
pimp.gif
and Brendon Foster.

Good to see Dwain run well and the other 2 British sprinters I hope Dwain makes the final but lets face it its all about Bolt n Gay n for me Gays not touchinghim Usain got another few gears he can take it up if he needs to.

Peace
Scottie

Our girls Hazel and Ennis in the heptathalon both cute and doin well so far.

Yea Im back TDot

I watch all major athletics events coverage in the UK is limited these days BBC does a good job but they dont show much and The Golden league doesnt get greatcoverage since Setanta Sports went bust in the UK.

Gotta root for my Brit athletes for a small nation and the poor funding in athletics we still produce a good number of competetive high level athletes good tosee some youngsters coming through.

Tha JO on the Nike USA uniforms is a great touch
pimp.gif

Peace
Scottie

^ Wow serious? I always thought the UK with Heaven when it came to T&F Coverage.

Speaking of GBR, Richards vs. Ohorugu in Round 1 of the 400m I forgot what heat they're in.

Man I hope everyone stays healthy because the Mens 4x100 Relays could be a great Final top to bottom.

US
Jamaica
GBR
Trinidad
Nigeria
Japan
Italy
France
Bahamas
Poland

Watching the Women's 400 Heats right now!

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

^ Wow serious? I always thought the UK with Heaven when it came to T&F Coverage.

Speaking of GBR, Richards vs. Ohorugu in Round 1 of the 400m I forgot what heat they're in.
Not sure wat heat Ive been flicking back n forth all morning but there alot of pressure on Ohoruogu now after last years gold and I know shes hada few set backs this season so not sure wat her form is.

British T&F coverage was great in the 80s n 90s we have 4 free channels here BBC being one of them but when satelite tv upped the odds they couldnt competewith tha big money BBC
still is the Olympic channel and all major championships they show a few meets from Crystal Palace and Gateshead and some of the indoor season.

The Golden League was on Setanta Sports wich went bust and stopped broadcasting in the UK about 2 months ago im not sure wat channel if any picked it up wehave Eurosport wich shows everything but commentary is pretty poor.

Peace
Scottie

is it the afternoon session coming up at 1pm on NBC?

just saw asafa's performance
laugh.gif
is anyone surprised at all, seriously

track n field on right on NBC.. HD
pimp.gif

Powell certainly didnt do something dumb this time around, he ran a very good 9.95 and thats after he let off the gas at around 70m but still cruised through.good show. Patton going through 2nd.

gay up next in the quarters

who just saw Bolt and Bailey run that
roll.gif
laughing at the rest of the fieldwith 40m to go, literally. usain didnt even bother running the latter half of that race, he just casually jogged looking at bailey and sharing a laugh.

his starts are getting better and better. his start in the prelims was good and in the quarters again was good. Tyson said after his quarters that hes savinghis good start for the finals, lets hope thats true coz he had a terrible start.

pimp.gif
the finals is gonna be mind blowing

eek.gif
homegirl didn't see the kenyan pass her on the outside, thought she won at the tape
laugh.gif
raised her arms then realized
smh.gif
wowww

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

eek.gif
homegirl didn't see the kenyan pass her on the outside, thought she won at the tape
laugh.gif
raised her arms then realized
smh.gif
wowww
laugh.gif
that #+!# is a gif in the making.

I'm not home or I would make that gif
laugh.gif

Damn that might be the tallest puerto rican dude I've ever seen in my life
laugh.gif
6'6...

He eased that 400H