☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

laugh.gif
@ putting Gordon and Jordan Crawford in the same sentence. It's not all about scoring.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by StillAtIt

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

and i dont buy that AT ALL.
eyes.gif

Top 15 in scoring, gets to the line, shoots 45% from the field and 36% from 3, plays decent defense, good passer (4+ apg), and gets you a steal and a half a game. You don't think that could be an extremely important cog in a contending team?

I wish we had that on the Bulls. 
tired.gif
Top 15 in scoring on a non-playoff team. Gordon is not even a 1st or 2nd option on a contending team.
He's good, but he's no better than a 3rd option on a contending team. Guards like Gordon come a dime a dozen. All they need is the right situation. Just check out Jordan Crawford last season in Washington. There are plenty of 6'4 guards in the league that can light it up which is why I'm fine with letting OJ go if we have to.
You must be watching a different Eric Gordon.

Where have y'all been? That's Kobe for the last couple years now...like he said in that interview, he's done sugarcoating @!!%...dude is REALLY gonna be on IDGAF mode this year though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

This has been like the third or fourth time Kobe has called Smush out just because.
laugh.gif
That too. Son never misses an opportunity to slander Smush.
laugh.gif

Maybe someone else in the league will keep it real with us after a few years...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

eyes.gif

Top 15 in scoring, gets to the line, shoots 45% from the field and 36% from 3, plays decent defense, good passer (4+ apg), and gets you a steal and a half a game. You don't think that could be an extremely important cog in a contending team?

tired.gif
Top 15 in scoring on a non-playoff team. Gordon is not even a 1st or 2nd option on a contending team.
He's good, but he's no better than a 3rd option on a contending team. Guards like Gordon come a dime a dozen. All they need is the right situation. Just check out Jordan Crawford last season in Washington. There are plenty of 6'4 guards in the league that can light it up which is why I'm fine with letting OJ go if we have to.

Did you watch the World Championships?
What exactly does that prove? Al3xis said it best. The SG position is one of the easiest to fill in the league. If you have CP3/Griffin and right pieces, they can be in the hunt. Gordon is not better than Manu either. When Gordon can take over games like Manu and carry a team on his back, then you put him over him. Gordon still isn't on Brandon Roy's level pre-injury. As of now, Gordon and Martin are in the same boat. Martin is a career 45% shooter and is capable of lighting it up any given game. You don't hear people raving about him do you? 
You saw what OJ did when he was the 2nd option on the Grizzlies during his rookie season? Same thing. Even in OJ's 2nd year when he was the 3rd option, he put up better numbers than EG while shooting slightly better from the field. I'll wait to see what Gordon does when he's playing meaningful games and how well he performs. Like I said, he's a good player and even admitted to him being a possible all-star this year, but he's not "special". Just a guy in the right situation as a 2nd option when he should be a 3rd option at best.
I guess if you put OJ in Cleveland, Washington or any non-playoff team and he averages 22, 5 and 5 that he will be an untradeable piece as well? Y'all hyping this cat up like some of you hyped up Kevin Love last season who is another 3rd option on an contending team.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

Originally Posted by marath0n

@daldridgetnt
League warns Billups/agent before Clippers claim he will be in breach of contract if he doesn't report or is disruptive. Check the HT Blog.

what does this mean?

He already can't leave for another team
...but if he *#%+@ around, he won't get paid his $14 million for the year.
laugh.gif

Keep it up. You helping us out now, Chompsy.
grin.gif

jhova718 wrote:
lmao Kobe is hilarious. i hate him that much less.

The perfect way to describe, how I felt about it.

Can he decide to say screw you I don't need the $ and play somewhere else?

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by What up

Originally Posted by StroShow4

Eric Gordon is the 3rd best SG in the NBA.  People will figure it out this season.

Wow.......

Yeah I mean EG is sweet, but this is just ignorant.
Wade
Kobe
..................................who's better?  Ginobili?  Ellis?

Gordon was awesome last year.  Was arguably better than Blake at times.  He was clutch as hell, played great defense, shot good %s... what more do you want?  Guy is great.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

eyes.gif

tired.gif
You must be watching a different Eric Gordon.
I don't even think they watch Eric Gordon, I think bhz is watching Mayo's rookie season.

Its one thing if you think the guy is Kevin Martin.... I have an issue with that, but from a far its an okay comparison. 
But this guy isn't OJ no first step Mayo this is a guy with a legit first step, decent handle, and a very good shooter.
Besides Paul at this point esp talking about the future is overrated. What happens in 2 years when he isnt quick enough to penetrate?
What happens when they run screen roll 90% of the time? What happens, when they become late 80's Stockton and Malone?
Look Chris Paul is the best PURE point guard in the world. He is the perfect mix of being able to create his own shot, and being able to pass.
But he isn't the best player playing the position.  That's the issue. The price is too much if you think your the only option, and your going to get a shot in the off season. Why would I overpay when in a week or 2, Deron Williams and Paul are going to be on the block?

EDIT: There it is, somebody had to make the lame and invalid Kevin Martin comparison.
The kid is 22 going on 23
You acting like Eric was the second option before this past year.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by CP1708

Odom is technically expiring too dude, his contract is a team option next year.  So they could cut him loose or trade him just the same as Kaman, so what are we doin here? 

oh, and this too.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

You could not be more wrong about the picks cancelling each other out. It is an unprotected pick from Minnesota in the Clippers deal, which means it's going to be a very high pick in a very loaded draft. 

And with the players it's not just about talent, it's the fact that Kaman is a free agent next year and Gordon is young. Meanwhile Martin and Scola have two and four years left on their deals, respectively.
The Scola deal is bad for a 31 year old big man.
2012 - $8.5 mil
2013- $9.4
2014 -$10.2
2015 - $11
Ah, yeah, the #1, AND Gordon, which was not an option.  So........

2 kids, an expiring, and a nice pick.  That's better a 1 year deal Odom, a 2 year deal Martin, and Scola's admittedly bad deal, plus a couple eh picks. 

We won't mention that they could Amnesty Scola next year if they wanted, making all 3 vets be gone after one year, and having a ton of cap room to start over, but hey. 
laugh.gif

That Clip deal without Gordon was nothing.  3 nobodies and that Wolves pick.  Might as well just trade the pick for Paul straight up man. 
I'm trying to grasp what your argument here is man.

How are they getting any better cap wise by taking on Scola and Martin? Odom and Kaman cancel each other out, but taking on those crap contracts of Martin and Scola, what does that do for them? They have a ton of cap room with the Clippers deal too, except don't need to waste their amnesty on someone like Scola and could instead use it on someone who's actually worth using it on (Trevor Ariza).

Also, Dallas roster filling out, but still need a big, I'm not comfortable with Wright.

Kidd/West/Beaubois
Fernandez/VC
Odom/Marion/Brewer
Dirk/Wright/Cardinal
Haywood/Mahinmi.

That's 13 there, I hope the final two spots are for a pair of bigs, or at the very least one. I kind of saw the Delonte deal coming. It's whatever, it's not going to hinder us. A couple red flags on our roster personality wise, but other than that, decent talent. Low risk, decent reward, that's what I like about the moves.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

what does this mean?

He already can't leave for another team
...but if he *#%+@ around, he won't get paid his $14 million for the year.
laugh.gif

Keep it up. You helping us out now, Chompsy.
grin.gif

jhova718 wrote:
lmao Kobe is hilarious. i hate him that much less.

The perfect way to describe, how I felt about it.
Can he decide to say screw you I don't need the $ and play somewhere else?

They can't trade him.
They could release him, but they're not going to.
He was so cheap to hire and the NBA doesn't like how he treated amnesty.
If he tries #+$+, they might suspend him or just tell him to stay home.
Dude is trapped.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Did you watch the World Championships?
What exactly does that prove? Al3xis said it best. The SG position is one of the easiest to fill in the league. If you have CP3/Griffin and right pieces, they can be in the hunt. Gordon is not better than Manu either. When Gordon can take over games like Manu and carry a team on his back, then you put him over him. Gordon still isn't on Brandon Roy's level pre-injury. As of now, Gordon and Martin are in the same boat. Martin is a career 45% shooter and is capable of lighting it up any given game. You don't hear people raving about him do you? 
You saw what OJ did when he was the 2nd option on the Grizzlies during his rookie season? Same thing. Even in OJ's 2nd year when he was the 3rd option, he put up better numbers than EG while shooting slightly better from the field. I'll wait to see what Gordon does when he's playing meaningful games and how well he performs. Like I said, he's a good player and even admitted to him being a possible all-star this year, but he's not "special". Just a guy in the right situation as a 2nd option when he should be a 3rd option at best.
I guess if you put OJ in Cleveland, Washington or any non-playoff team and he averages 22, 5 and 5 that he will be an untradeable piece as well? Y'all hyping this cat up like some of you hyped up Kevin Love last season who is another 3rd option on an contending team.
Everything you're saying is all conjecture. The numbers Eric Gordon put up at age 22 speak for themselves. The "he's a 3rd option on a great team or a 2nd option on a good team" kind of analysis has almost no application. If you need a 2 guard and you're considering everything including age and salary, you'd be hard pressed to choose more than a couple of guys before Gordon. That's good enough for me.

All of that said, I don't know why you're going through the trouble making these arguments. It's obvious you didn't watch many if any Clippers games last year, so why try to make arguments like you're informed on what you're talking about? Clippers were beyond awful in the games that Gordon missed, and a borderline playoff team when he played. Comparing it to Washington or Cleveland
roll.gif
roll.gif

edit: I missed the "but he's not 'special'" ... What does that even mean?
laugh.gif

I'd like someone to give me a reason why Gordon isn't 3rd best.  People just saying he isn't, no reasoning.  Because the Clippers suck?  The guy was injured all year and the team's full of young players.  Without Gordon they are absolute bottom of the barrel last year.  After an attrocious start they were playing .500 ball for a decent stretch, then he went down.

-Gordon scores points.
-Gordon is versatile.  He can drive, finish, shoot the 3, and make plays.
-Gordon plays defense.  I'm not talking steals.  He gaurds his damn man, and does it well.
-Gordon is ice-cold in the clutch.

Monta Ellis is not better than Eric Gordon.  Neither is Manu Ginobili at his age.  Not Kevin Martin, not any of these dudes.

Gordon is good, but I don't think there's tons of great SG's out there right now.

I think best case he's the 2nd best player on a contending team, he would be a very good third option, but finding a third option wouldn't be that hard if you're building around Paul + Griffin, then throw in Jordan playing D.

I don't think he gets that much better to be the hold up in getting Chris Paul.
Edit: I like Gordon a lot too, love watching him play.. he's a really talented, young player. However, I make the deal for Paul if I can.

I'm pretty sure we all think EG is a very solid player and has a bright future... Who cares we people individually rank SG's
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom