☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Kobe.
Joe Johnson.
Wade.
Manu.
Monta.

I definitely take those guys over EG any day.
Is this considering age and contract status?

What do those 2 things have to do with who the better player is tho? I'm with Allen and bhz on this.. Scoring guards are so easy to find.Honest question why couldn't Jamal Crawford or nick young replace Gordon's role/production on the clippers?
Cause Jamal Crawford ain't never scored that efficient. Nick Young, has the tools though. Its hard to find a scoring guard that can do it all
Its prob Manu and then Gordon as far as right now SG's who you fear getting to the hole, and can shoot respectable from 3.
Its easy to find a guy to give you 15-18 no doubt, just like its easy to find a 13-6 PG, just like a 14-8 PF, just like 9-9 C's etc.
Its hard to find 22 year old guys who can flat out score, and aren't black holes.
Blake and Eric are 22 years old right now. Unless its in this draft, you aren't finding a better SG than him for a while in the draft.
Why trade the pick and the player, for a guy who if he stays in NO is a free agent? This aint even like the Kobe to Chicago rumors, this is a guy who simply has to play out his last year in NO. Who even if you want to trade for him now, is going to command less if Dwight talks get settled, or die down.

Honestly, with one superstar, whats the point of overpaying for another one? Melo was traded for prob all things considered equal value overall. Deron Williams, on a team with no superstars was traded for Derrick Favors, at minimum a 15-10 guy in his prime, Enes Kanter who will prob end up at least an average center, and a lotto pick this year. Along with Devin Harris, who when his head, and decision making is right is a top 10  point guard. And its sad we have forgotten about him. Williams is all but on the block at this point, as Howard talks have settled a bit, Paul is on the block. If they are 1A, 1B at this point why overpay, and lose the long term positives of having a top 7 sg who is rising everyday.
Its dumb, and its not a move you make unless you are the Nets with no one of attraction to a new stadium.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Question, why the hell are teams amnestying guys like Charlie Bell and James Posey? These guys are one-year deals, and they could just do what Detroit did and just buy out and waive their men, but instead they waste their amnesty clause.
It baffles me that the Warriors wasted their amnesty on Bell, just for the 1% chance that the Clippers didn't match Jordan.
sick.gif
The smart move for them would have been to save it for later in case they want to use it on Biedrins or David Lee sometime in the future.

Kobe
Wade
Monta
Manu
Ray

But EG is def top 10...

The CP3 for EG trade sounds fair IMO... It just looks to me as if the clippers are looking to take advantage of the hornets & their situation by selling them short

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

I don't know if he's the 3rd best based off last season. He's certainly climbing up the ladder though. I still rate Kevin Martin SLIGHTLY ahead of Eric Gordon.

Kevin Martin: 32MPG, 23.5PPG, 2.5APG, 1.0SPG, 44% FG, 38% 3PFG, 88% FT, 60% TS, 21.46PER.
Eric Gordon: 37MPG, 22.3PPG, 4.4APG, 1.3SPG, 45% FG, 36% 3PFG, 83% FT, 57% TS, 18.56PER.

Compare games played though and I'm sure it's a drastic difference. K-Mart can't stay healthy to save his life.

Cause Jamal Crawford ain't never scored that efficient. Nick Young, has the tools though. Its hard to find a scoring guard that can do it all

What tools does Nick Young have? He's one-dimensional and makes NO ONE better on the court. Yea, he can get buckets...but he's a black hole. One-trick pony. THere's a reason why the Wizards are prepared to move on w/o him. THey gave him a 1 year 3.7 mil qualifying offer...he can take it or leave it. Like others have said, you can find a good scoring guard just abotu anywhere.

Wade
Kobe
Manu
EJ
Joe

Top 5.

Edit:
Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

I don't know if he's the 3rd best based off last season. He's certainly climbing up the ladder though. I still rate Kevin Martin SLIGHTLY ahead of Eric Gordon.

Kevin Martin: 32MPG, 23.5PPG, 2.5APG, 1.0SPG, 44% FG, 38% 3PFG, 88% FT, 60% TS, 21.46PER.
Eric Gordon: 37MPG, 22.3PPG, 4.4APG, 1.3SPG, 45% FG, 36% 3PFG, 83% FT, 57% TS, 18.56PER.

Compare games played though and I'm sure it's a drastic difference. K-Mart can't stay healthy to save his life.
That's ironic considering EJ's biggest knock is his inability to stay healthy. He seems to always miss 15-20 games a season.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by xbiker47

??

http://deadspin.com/58673...ke-speak-directly-to-him

I really hope that story is false
30t6p3b.gif

The stories are delightful—Michael Jordan on playing with centers Joe Kleine, Luc Longley and Bill Wennington in 1998: "You know what I have to play with?" He looked right at them and said, "Twenty-one feet of !+#%"—and we don't want to spoil too many of them

eek.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

According to Aldridge, the Clippers are moving on from these talks. What a mess. But, we knew that already
laugh.gif

If I'm the Clippers I see no point in bidding against yourself. The league is acting as if it has leverage it doesn't have based on the fact that the league doesn't have to answer to NO fans for the end result.

Now that I rewatched the interview, I am at least 85% certain Smush Smashed Kobe's girl or something like that. There is no reason why he should still be hating like that. Bwtween the Smushcalade story and the fact that he's still mad, i'm coming to that completly incorrect decision.

TH0MAS CR0WN:
+!+
roll.gif
laugh.gif

My dude Ron-Ron.
laugh.gif
Ever since this dude played that one All-Star game in all kinds of different kicks, I knew this cat was different, and I was a fan. Ever since then, I effs with this guy. "That would be pretty ugly, if we all lost our teeth at like 18, 19, 20."
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

SG is probably one of the weakest positions in the league right now in terms of stardom. You can move any of the guys outside of Wade or Kobe anywhere from 3-9. 2-3 years ago, no one was really touching Manu and Roy.

If Gordon is a top 5 SG, its not really saying much. In all honesty, if OJ gets his shot on another team he would be right up there. Your talent just doesn't go away after 3 seasons in the league if injury isn't the problem. He just had a bad year on a team where he doesn't fit. EG has the ball in his hands a lot more than OJ does and statistics will not tell you the whole story about these two players.

The tiers are pretty much...

1a Wade
1b Kobe
--------------
anybody from Gordon, Ellis, Martin, Ray, Manu, etc etc.

Its not like saying Gordon is in the top 5 SG list with Kobe, Wade, Tmac, young Ray Allen, Manu, Iverson, VC, etc. when there was a little more star power at the position.

Getting away from trades and things for a bit....I must say after watching game tape and highlights I really dont see what is so special about Kyrie Irving to earn a number 1 pick in the draft. No hate Im sure dude has something to him but he isnt athletic, less than stellar court vision, doesnt have a mean jumper,and so on. Can someone fill me in?

Oh, and I'm going to the Grizz-Hornets game Friday.
roll.gif

I wonder if the Hornets will let me suit up
pimp.gif

And my main question about this Clippers team is.....

Will Griffin take his game to another level similar to the way Durant did? In terms of helping his team win ball games and push for a playoff spot? Is he going to be Stoudemire-like (top 10-15 player in the league) or play at an elite level?

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I'm calling Kyrie a bust. Cleveland is gonna regret the way they handled that draft.
Ideally, they trade him after 3-4 years and then he becomes a superstar on his new team
tongue.gif

bahahahah [Stephen A] KWAAAAAAAAAME BROWN [Stephen A] bonafide scrub

Back
Top Bottom