☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

damn nets offered the world for him
laugh.gif

heres D12's options, go the Nets and go through the Heat, go to the Lakers probably go the finals every year, go to the Mavs and probably go finals every year depending on what Mavs give up, or stay with the Magic.

I'm just gonna go off on a limb and say the magic have struck a deal with NO for CP3

5 picks is onsane, but they'd all prob be mid to late rounders

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Havent we already had the 2011 draft? How could they offer their and Houston's 2011 picks?
Im sure you know he meant 2012. Anyway, the Nets have the Rockets 2012 1st round (lottery protected) through a trade. Rockets took Terrance Williams and they gave the pick to the Nets.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Mr Kuter wrote:

Havent we already had the 2011 draft? How could they offer their and Houston's 2011 picks?
Im sure you know he meant 2012. Anyway, the Nets have the Rockets 2012 1st round (lottery protected) through a trade. Rockets took Terrance Williams and they gave the pick to the Nets.

I honestly didn't, but thanx for telling about the TWill deal. With Nene, and David West signed, Orlando knows they can get that deal from NJ anytime they want.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I'm just gonna go off on a limb and say the magic have struck a deal with NO for CP3
interesting, but who would they give cmon now j-rich, nelson, big baby
roll.gif
roll.gif
they wanted EG plus more.

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

roll.gif
roll.gif
yea orlando has absolutely nothing to offer. maybe its a d12 for paul trade lol

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

roll.gif
roll.gif

This is true... Idk maybe the former CEO will come back and offer a BJ or some $$%@
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Means Dwight needs to make up his damn mind.
"I love Orlando"

*wears Lakers hat*

"This city is where I want to be"

*requests trade to the Nets*

"I want to bring a championship to the Magic"

*meets with The Russian*

Welp, safe to say they won't do a Bynum swap anytime soon if they backed away from that.

Why do ya'll keep on pinning this on Stern? It's his league yeah but everyone involved is looking to make moves that are in their best interest.

IMO the dumb small market owners are really screwing everything up b/c they don't want to accept that their franchises never will be more than what they are. It's like having a home on a crappy plot of land and getting mad that the value of the house has a ceiling. Nothing anyone can do about it.

What these owners really need to address is how they construct their teams. Flashy guys usually want to play in flashy cities. If I'm a small market owner I'm drafting/signing low-key guys and foreigners that don't know any better. That's what the Spurs do. There's no point in comparing yourself to big market teams b/c there are a million reasons why you can't compete.

Flashy players= high revenue stream, low-key players≠ high revenue stream, big markets= signing/retention of flashy players, small markets≠ signing/retention of flashy players... all these small market teams can do is try to to be smart about personnel and field a winner, they have a very small margin for error. I guess it's not fair... but what can you do?

Originally Posted by 0cks

Why do ya'll keep on pinning this on Stern? It's his league yeah but everyone involved is looking to make moves that are in their best interest.

IMO the dumb small market owners are really screwing everything up b/c they don't want to accept that their franchises never will be more than what they are. It's like having a home on a crappy plot of land and getting mad that the value of the house has a ceiling. Nothing anyone can do about it.

What these owners really need to address is how they construct their teams. Flashy guys usually want to play in flashy cities. If I'm a small market owner I'm drafting/signing low-key guys and foreigners that don't know any better. That's what the Spurs do. There's no point in comparing yourself to big market teams b/c there are a million reasons why you can't compete.

Flashy players= high revenue stream, low-key players≠ high revenue stream, big markets= signing/retention of flashy players, small markets≠ signing/retention of flashy players... all these small market teams can do is try to to be smart about personnel and field a winner, they have a very small margin for error. I guess it's not fair... but what can you do?

Because Stern is currently in control of a small market team and he's being a complete tool.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Originally Posted by 0cks

Because Stern is currently in control of a small market team and he's being a complete tool.
...on behalf of the owners, the majority of which own small market teams... I really think it's laughable that some of ya'll have suggested that Stern is conspiring against his crown jewel Lakers franchise... he looks at his league at a macro level, individually these owners look at everything at a micro level. You bring all these owners, only concerned about benefiting their own teams, together and you have the NOH situation.
I can guarantee you Stern knows a strong Lakers team is the best thing for this league. #*%! I probably consider myself more a Laker hater than a Rockets fan
laugh.gif
Stern knows alot of "fans" feel the same way

being reported magic tried to call lakers bluff with all the nets talk. they want bynum and pau for dwight.

lakers didnt budge

I watched the nba season special on espn 2 the other night and Chris Broussard mentioned something about there being no trade deadline in the middle of talking but he wasn't completely clear.

Is there a trade deadline this season?
nerd.gif
It'd be mad awkward to be hearing trade rumors a week before the playoffs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I watched the nba season special on espn 2 the other night and Chris Broussard mentioned something about there being no trade deadline in the middle of talking but he wasn't completely clear.

Is there a trade deadline this season?
nerd.gif
It'd be mad awkward to be hearing trade rumors a week before the playoffs
laugh.gif
Trade deadline was  moved to march 15th...

Originally Posted by Statis22

Except for the Stern part CP would probably agree with what Ocks said.

I got it mixed up. I just remember he was going back and forth with You on Twitter, not 0cks.
laugh.gif
And if I'm LA I wouldnt trade both, either.

Back
Top Bottom