☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by Buc Em

They need ANOTHER big man? Trey Thompkins has looked good, Brian Cook is a decent backup 7 footer that stretches the floor and Reggie Evans will probably be one of the leading rebounders in the league again if they give him consistent minutes. Besides, Blake and DJ will be playing most the game anyway. What other "contenders" have so much better backup big men? Imagine if they still had Camby though to backup DeAndre. It would be a wrap...
Cook @+%##+* sucks.
roll.gif
I liked what I have seen from Thompkins thus far but he's a rookie. Can the Clippers really count on a second round pick to be a consistent contributor? I do like the Evans acquisition because as you said he can rebound and brings more toughness. I just think they need one more big man to round out the frontline.

Bro the Heat have Eddy Curry and Juwan Howard, and their starter is Joel Anthony. The Celtics have Chris Wilcox and Juwan Howard, and their starter is Jermaine O'Neal. The Knicks have Jerome Jordan and Josh Harrelson. The Mavericks have Ian Mahinmi and Brian Cardinal, with Brendan Haywood starting. The Bulls have nobody behind Omar Asik. The Lakers have nobody coming off the bench besides Derrick Caracter. The Spurs have literally only one center on their entire team and that's Tiago Splitter. The Grizzlies only backup power forward OR center that they have left is Brian Skinner.
I think you're overestimating the veteran big man depth of the other contenders around the league....the only team that has any real bench depth to talk about is the Thunder with Collison, Nazr Mohammed and Aldrich.

yea u know the hype has sucked you guys in when brian cook is a decent back up. that guy shouldnt even be in the league no more. and sorry but you mention character before mcroberts and troy murphy? come on now. character is like 6 foot 6. although i would take character over brian cook. 
laugh.gif

and snoop dogg is a ++!$$. laker fan number one? wasnt this lame old #%@%$ rockin a celtics jersey before? someone should call his #%% on that

They need ANOTHER big man? Trey Thompkins has looked good, Brian Cook is a decent backup 7 footer that stretches the floor and Reggie Evans will probably be one of the leading rebounders in the league again if they give him consistent minutes. Besides, Blake and DJ will be playing most the game anyway. What other "contenders" have so much better backup big men? Imagine if they still had Camby though to backup DeAndre. It would be a wrap...
Cook @+%##+* sucks.
roll.gif
I liked what I have seen from Thompkins thus far but he's a rookie. Can the Clippers really count on a second round pick to be a consistent contributor? I do like the Evans acquisition because as you said he can rebound and brings more toughness. I just think they need one more big man to round out the frontline.

Bro the Heat have Eddy Curry and Juwan Howard, and their starter is Joel Anthony. The Celtics have Chris Wilcox and Juwan Howard, and their starter is Jermaine O'Neal. The Knicks have Jerome Jordan and Josh Harrelson. The Mavericks have Ian Mahinmi and Brian Cardinal, with Brendan Haywood starting. The Bulls have nobody behind Omar Asik. The Lakers have nobody coming off the bench besides Derrick Caracter. The Spurs have literally only one center on their entire team and that's Tiago Splitter. The Grizzlies only backup power forward OR center that they have left is Brian Skinner.
I think you're overestimating the veteran big man depth of the other contenders around the league....the only team that has any real bench depth to talk about is the Thunder with Collison, Nazr Mohammed and Aldrich.

you forgot taj for the bulls.. so they have noah, boozer, taj and asik

Cook @+%##+* sucks.
roll.gif

Every player you named....is better than Brian Cook.

Bro the Heat have Eddy Curry and Juwan Howard, and their starter is Joel Anthony. The Celtics have Chris Wilcox and Juwan Howard, and their starter is Jermaine O'Neal.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Snoop Dogg: Pau gasol is soft as **** we need to get his ***** *** on the 1st thing smoking hes a ****** weanie. this is comn from laker fan #1... Twitter

Snoop Dogg: **** gasol hes a ***** we need mark gasol this ones a punk *****. We need a pointguard bynum ballen his *** off! Twitter

roll.gif

snoop-dogg-warriors-we-believe.jpg

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

yea u know the hype has sucked you guys in when brian cook is a decent back up. that guy shouldnt even be in the league no more. and sorry but you mention character before mcroberts and troy murphy? come on now. character is like 6 foot 6. although i would take character over brian cook. 
laugh.gif

and snoop dogg is a ++!$$. laker fan number one? wasnt this lame old #%@%$ rockin a celtics jersey before? someone should call his #%% on that
Snoop is a huge frontrunner/bandwagoner. 

Stop hating on the dude. He stretches the floor and that's all his team asks for him to do. He's better than Jerome Jordan, Brian Cardinal, Eddy Curry, Derrick Caracter and Brian Skinner. Joel Anthony is awful and Jermaine O'Neal should have retired last year.
Bulls and Thunder definitely have the best big man depth though.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Cook @+%##+* sucks.
roll.gif

you forgot taj for the bulls.. so they have noah, boozer, taj and asik
Last year Bulls had 5 bigs:  Noah, Boozer, Taj, Asik, and Kurt Thomas.  They're looking to add another, possibly Joel Pryzbilla for depth.

You can never over estimate veteran big man depth. 

Who in the hell said Brian Cook was decent??? The Rockets pretty much give anybody a chance, and he could never
get off the bench unless they were up by 20 with 30 seconds to go, allowing him to come in and brick an open 3
laugh.gif

Anyone else who roots for multiple teams? I mean I have "a team" in the Mavs..but I also like a lot of other teams.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Who in the hell said Brian Cook was decent??? The Rockets pretty much give anybody a chance, and he could never
get off the bench unless they were up by 20 with 30 seconds to go, allowing him to come in and brick an open 3
laugh.gif

Last page, post #7970...enjoy.

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by Peep Game

laugh.gif

Last page, post #7970...enjoy.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Oh that explains it

@Al_Iannazzone Al Iannazzone
Uh oh. #Nets center Brook Lopez broke a bone in his right foot. He'll have surgery tomorrow.

which deal looks better now Magic...

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

Anyone else who roots for multiple teams? I mean I have "a team" in the Mavs..but I also like a lot of other teams.
I like other teams and may want them to win when they're not playing the Knicks but only time I'm really rooting for other teams is when bets are made.

Wouldn't mind if the Nets become a good team and I'd probably grow to really like that they are (good as in better than that JKidd team) but if they continue to suck wouldn't bother me either cuz it'd just be the same ol same ol.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/bask...AY-basketball-is-fun-again-for-him/52151228/1
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/bask...AY-basketball-is-fun-again-for-him/52151228/1"I became unfocused," James told USA TODAY on Tuesday. "I turned into somebody that I'm not. I'm not a villainous person, and I told you that. I started to become unfocused and worried about the wrong things. I'm back to myself. "I'm going to play the game as hard as I can and do what's right for the team. It's all about playing for the love of the game, and I'm back to that 9-year-old kid who started playing basketball a long time ago. That's what it's about, just having fun." USA Today
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/bask...AY-basketball-is-fun-again-for-him/52151228/1I used to think it was hilarious how everyone on here thought "Villain Lebron" was cool. He wasn't even comfortable in that role 
laugh.gif

Man I used to tell these **%!%$ that +++@ last season.
laugh.gif
Dudes gassed off that nWo hype didn't understand he ain't cut from that cloth. Look at his face wholetime on The Decision...he clearly was not ready for it.

[h1]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/nets/2011/12/nets-to-sign-veteran-deshawn-stevenson[/h1]
[h1]Nets to sign veteran DeShawn Stevenson[/h1]
BY Stefan Bondy

The Nets have reached an agreement with DeShawn Stevenson and will sign the veteran today, a source told the Daily News.

Stevenson agreed to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million, according to Yahoo!.

As a result of that move, the Nets announced they waived small forward Stephen Graham, shedding his $1.1 million salary and leaving the team with about $9.5 million in cap.

The 30-year-old Stevenson will be playing for his fifth team in 12 seasons, after starting 52 games last season for the Mavericks. He has career averages of 7.7 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.1 assists.

Stevenson will join a crowded backcourt that includes rookie MarShon Brooks, but is versatile enough to play the 3.

Famous for his feuds with LeBron James -- and for playing a pivotal role in Game 6 of Dallas' championship-clinching win over the Heat -- Stevenson was once the subject of a diss record by Nets minority owner Jay Z, who used the song to praise LeBron.

By inking him to a one-year deal, the Nets are trying to maintain the flexibility necessary to land Dwight Howard either via trade or free agency.

Graham averaged 3.4 points in his lone season with the Nets.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/nets/2011/12/nets-to-sign-veteran-deshawn-stevenson

The irony 
laugh.gif

Bosh still in denial about simply being an above average PF...

“I still have the element of surprise. They don’t expect me to do what I’m going to do next year, Bosh told Esquire. “I want to be the best player in the NBA. Maybe not this year or the year after next, but one day…â€

Back
Top Bottom