☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Kevin Durant...averaging about 32 points on 56% shooting from the field and 43% from three.
sick.gif
Only two other players (Shaq and Ray Allen) have had three opening games of 30+ on 50+ FG shooting in the last thirty years.

Edit:

More times than not, a franchise has six to eight years with most superstar players. I don't see Wall leaving any time soon.

And what is this talk about EJ only signing a one year deal? He's on the last year of his rookie contract and is a free agent this summer if he doesn't get an extension done with New Orleans soon.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Durden7

Why would Washington make that trade though?

If Wall does what Eric Gordon did in signing only the 1 yr option at the end of all Rookie contracts., which he'd be a fool not to with the way that franchise is being managed, they face the possibility of losing him for nothing.  Whereas they could get another stud PG whose locked in for a few more years.  So it would be something they would have to consider, atleast I think so.
Westbrook hasn't signed an extension yet though.

He's still on his rookie contract which expires this year, which makes him a RFA in the offseason. So if he's traded to WAS, he can do exactly what EJ did & simply walk away next offseason when he's unrestricted.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Kevin Durant...averaging about 32 points on 56% shooting from the field and 43% from three.
sick.gif
Only two other players (Shaq and Ray Allen) have had three opening games averaging 30+ PPG on 50+ FG shooting in the last thirty years.

Add Lebron to that list. He's averaging 33 on 59% shooting in the first three games. His PER is 40.9

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If Wall does what Eric Gordon did in signing only the 1 yr option at the end of all Rookie contracts., which he'd be a fool not to with the way that franchise is being managed, they face the possibility of losing him for nothing.  Whereas they could get another stud PG whose locked in for a few more years.  So it would be something they would have to consider, atleast I think so.
Wall wears his heart on his sleeve and it's easy to see that he's DISGUSTED by some of his teammates - with good reason.  With this new era of "super-teams," I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest at Wall leaving after his rookie deal (if things don't get better quickly). 

Granted the teams are constructed differently, but Derrick Rose has NEVER played for a sub .500 club.  Chris Paul, never had less than 37 wins as a starter...it goes on and on.  If this team doesn't trend "up" quickly, Wall's decision to stay or leave might not be as clear-cut as we think. 

I said in another thread that someone made a tongue-and-cheek comment about Wall not being here in 2 years.  I laughed it off, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that IT could happen.  Things are not good in DC.  The team is collectively dumb, the coach is bad, and there is a lot of confusion about WHERE this team goes from here.  If things don't turn around quickly, DC basketball may take a turn for the worse. 
Before this Jersey stint neither did Deron or Rondo... and those are your top 4 PG's.  Like you can't even get mad at a Kid who's a star playing his heart out for 4yrs in a losing effort year in and year out decides to leave when he's only watched his teammates & management not do their job.

If you're DC in that situation what do you do... Do you attempt to trade a player in Wall who has the talent to be the best at his position one day in an attempt not to get burned?  To not be Cleveland? .  

Originally Posted by ill steelo

He's still on his rookie contract which expires this year, which makes him a RFA in the offseason. So if he's traded to WAS, he can do exactly what EJ did & simply walk away next offseason when he's unrestricted.

if you look at my initial post it states NEXT YEAR... I spoke on them looking at that deal next year which implies that Russy will have signed an extension.

sick.gif
Only two other players (Shaq and Ray Allen) have had three opening games averaging 30+ PPG on 50+ FG shooting in the last thirty years.

Add Lebron to that list. He's averaging 33 on 59% shooting in the first three games. His PER is 40.9
I edited my initial post, but the actual stat is score at least 30 in the opening three games while shooting 50+ from the field. LeBron "only" had 26 points against the Celtics on Tuesday.

Wall wears his heart on his sleeve and it's easy to see that he's DISGUSTED by some of his teammates - with good reason.  With this new era of "super-teams," I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest at Wall leaving after his rookie deal (if things don't get better quickly). 

Granted the teams are constructed differently, but Derrick Rose has NEVER played for a sub .500 club.  Chris Paul, never had less than 37 wins as a starter...it goes on and on.  If this team doesn't trend "up" quickly, Wall's decision to stay or leave might not be as clear-cut as we think. 

I said in another thread that someone made a tongue-and-cheek comment about Wall not being here in 2 years.  I laughed it off, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that IT could happen.  Things are not good in DC.  The team is collectively dumb, the coach is bad, and there is a lot of confusion about WHERE this team goes from here.  If things don't turn around quickly, DC basketball may take a turn for the worse. 
Before this Jersey stint neither did Deron or Rondo... and those are your top 4 PG's.  Like you can't even get mad at a Kid who's a star playing his heart out for 4yrs in a losing effort year in and year out decides to leave when he's only watched his teammates & management not do their job.

If you're DC in that situation what do you do... Do you attempt to trade a player in Wall who has the talent to be the best at his position one day in an attempt not to get burned?  To not be Cleveland? .
I would, but you cant do it after year 2 or 3.
Cake: Gordon is on the last year of his "rookie deal", then it goes to RFA where he would then have to decide to take the qualifying offer.
And this is MEDIA created controversy with Durant and Westbrook. Durant has a less efficent year than the previous year, and they want Durant taking more shots. Meanwhile Westbrook shoots them out of one playoff game, while Durant gets a pass for the WCF game when he shot them out of that game.

if you look at my initial post it states NEXT YEAR... I spoke on them looking at that deal next year which implies that Russy will have signed an extension.
Technically, it could also imply that he took the 1 year option (qualifying offer). But I see what you're saying.

I edited my initial post, but the actual stat is score at least 30 in the opening three games while shooting 50+ from the field. LeBron "only" had 26 points against the Celtics on Tuesday.

Ah. Gotcha.

Damn...didn't even consider Williams and Rondo...

Honestly, I'll support Wall in whatever decision he makes.  Wizards DO have a window of opportunity to get things headed in the right direction.  They need to realize that this @!+# is real and Wall isn't tied down to this team past the contract he is currently signed under.  If this team is still horrible or middle-of-the-pack, by all means, John...do what's best for you.  I don't get why people get on players for looking elsewhere to play ball (if the situation is better than their current one).  It's like ANYONE ELSE who works a 9-5 and wants to advance their career.  If you can't see yourself growing in your current workplace, are you going to stay there?  No. 

If I'm Ernie Grunfeld, I'm working the phones EVERY day to find a trade partner for Blatche.  I really believe that this would be the 1st good step in proving that this team is serious about the "new" culture they are trying to create.  After that, I'd give Flip about a 10 game window to prove that he hasn't lost the team.  If there isn't any indication that the team is responding, he's gone too and Sam Cassell is now the interim with the hopes that he turns out like Frank Vogel in Indy.  From there, I fire EG and see who else is out there that I think can shape this team around Wall. 

I knew this season was going to be rough for the Wizards...but at the bare minimum I expected these guys to play hard.  I can take losses as long as the effort is there.  It was a damn joke to parade Blatche to center court at the home opener to address the crowd as the "captain."  That is the equivalent of Octomom being the keynote at a conference for celibacy.  Season got off to a bad start even before the ball was tipped.  Having Blatche out there was a slap in the face to the fans, his teammates, and also was a STRONG indication that despite the uniform makeover, @!+# is still the same.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Ya'll make believe GM's be killing me...smh.

Seriously.
laugh.gif

Ya'll kill me acting as if that's not a part of being a fan of a sport that has teams... not individual performanced based sports like track & field, swimming or tennis... But sports in which teams are constructed... This is, has, and will always been debated, hence you have all types of fantasy leagues for each sport that has TEAMS... Get over yourselves and stop acting like this is something brand new.

My apologies on the Eric Gordon comparion if I was wrong, I thought I read that he signed on only to finish out his rookie contract with them.

Umm....John Wall's my guy and all but him and Westbrook are pretty close to the same player. Wall's a little more unselfish, more of a true PG and has better vision but they both turn the ball over at a high rate, tend to play too fast for the rest of their team, inconsistent shooters and force things. Would I take Wall over him, definitely....but some of the same problems could end up happening for Wall there too.

Damn...didn't even consider Williams and Rondo...

Honestly, I'll support Wall in whatever decision he makes.  Wizards DO have a window of opportunity to get things headed in the right direction.  They need to realize that this @!+# is real and Wall isn't tied down to this team past the contract he is currently signed under.  If this team is still horrible or middle-of-the-pack, by all means, John...do what's best for you.  I don't get why people get on players for looking elsewhere to play ball (if the situation is better than their current one).  It's like ANYONE ELSE who works a 9-5 and wants to advance their career.  If you can't see yourself growing in your current workplace, are you going to stay there?  No. 

If I'm Ernie Grunfeld, I'm working the phones EVERY day to find a trade partner for Blatche.  I really believe that this would be the 1st good step in proving that this team is serious about the "new" culture they are trying to create.  After that, I'd give Flip about a 10 game window to prove that he hasn't lost the team.  If there isn't any indication that the team is responding, he's gone too and Sam Cassell is now the interim with the hopes that he turns out like Frank Vogel in Indy.  From there, I fire EG and see who else is out there that I think can shape this team around Wall. 

I knew this season was going to be rough for the Wizards...but at the bare minimum I expected these guys to play hard.  I can take losses as long as the effort is there.  It was a damn joke to parade Blatche to center court at the home opener to address the crowd as the "captain."  That is the equivalent of Octomom being the keynote at a conference for celibacy.  Season got off to a bad start even before the ball was tipped.  Having Blatche out there was a slap in the face to the fans, his teammates, and also was a STRONG indication that despite the uniform makeover, @!+# is still the same.

30t6p3b.gif
But your the only one who felt conscious about that. Not that it wasnt a slap in the face, but it was a stealth mission.
At what point would this fall on Wall?
The bottom line is that selecting Jan Vesely was more of a mistake than anything involving Flip, John or Blatche. Leveraging that pick would have made more sense. If you think Wall can ever defend 2's then Brandon Knight was a better pick. The reality is you jagged the pick cause you were scared to draft Knight, and put him at SG.

But your the only one who felt conscious about that. Not that it wasnt a slap in the face, but it was a stealth mission.

Wait, you think I'm the only one who thought that Blatche being out there to address the crowd was a joke? Maybe I misunderstood, but there are NUMEROUS articles by the media in the DC area laughing at the fact that Blatche was given the platform to speak. Anyone but him would have been a better choice. Shoot, have Mo Evans do it...he's the VP of the PA. Like I said, maybe I misunderstood what you were getting at, but I'm hardly alone in my feelings about the pre-game speech.

Another thing, Blatche organized player workouts this summer. Guess how many of his teammates showed up? Two (Singleton and H). Speaks volumes.

The Vesely pick would have been a mistake had we not landed Singleton at 18. He has the versatility to guard positions 1-3 and some 4s. Also, why would they draft Knight to play SG when they had Jordan Crawford coming off a promising season and Nick Young in the fold? Granted this was before the CBA and NY signing the 1 year deal, but Knight made no sense. I think most people would have been happy if they could have packaged their picks to move up and get someone like Kanter, but I can't say anything about Vesely because no one knows what he can do aside from dunking. Singleton is going to turn out to be a good player for this team.

Wait, you think I'm the only one who thought that Blatche being out there to address the crowd was a joke? Maybe I misunderstood, but there are NUMEROUS articles by the media in the DC area laughing at the fact that Blatche was given the platform to speak. Anyone but him would have been a better choice. Shoot, have Mo Evans do it...he's the VP of the PA. Like I said, maybe I misunderstood what you were getting at, but I'm hardly alone in my feelings about the pre-game speech.

Another thing, Blatche organized player workouts this summer. Guess how many of his teammates showed up? Two (Singleton and H). Speaks volumes.

The Vesely pick would have been a mistake had we not landed Singleton at 18. He has the versatility to guard positions 1-3 and some 4s. Also, why would they draft Knight to play SG when they had Jordan Crawford coming off a promising season and Nick Young in the fold? Granted this was before the CBA and NY signing the 1 year deal, but Knight made no sense. I think most people would have been happy if they could have packaged their picks to move up and get someone like Kanter, but I can't say anything about Vesely because no one knows what he can do aside from dunking. Singleton is going to turn out to be a good player for this team.

Sports writers are paid to write about the moronic crap teams do. Those team practices were a joke, and no body as currently reported got more than 4 guys in the same gym.
Jordan Crawford shot 39% last season
You all were talking about Nick Young leaving if he got an offer he didn't want a 4 year deal, at lower than his value to a team would be. So he said I will wait.
I dont know, I'm not high on anyone but Wall,Young, and Mcgee, and taking and considering role players building blocks at this stage makes no sense.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Sports writers are paid to write about the moronic crap teams do. Those team practices were a joke, and no body as currently reported got more than 4 guys in the same gym.
You all were talking about Nick Young leaving if he got an offer he didn't want a 4 year deal, at lower than his value to a team would be. So he said I will wait.
I dont know, I'm not high on anyone but Wall,Young, and Mcgee, and taking and considering role players building blocks at this stage makes no sense.

You're admitting that it was moronic as if the media was wrong in what they wrote about...
laugh.gif

Also, you're making $*## up about the workouts....where are you getting your #'s from?

Team workouts are expected to increase throughout the league. The Oklahoma City Thunder has had three team minicamps since the lockout began. Orlando, Indiana and the Los Angeles Clippers have also gotten together to work out.

Swingman Andre Iguodala and big man Elton Brand organized workouts for the Philadelphia 76ers in Los Angeles in August. According to Yahoo! Sports, Iguodala, who canceled a trip to Paris for the workouts, and Brand even footed the bill for the team's nightly dinner and club excursions.

Players from San Antonio and Miami have talked publicly about scheduling team workouts. The players union recently announced it was setting up workout centers in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Houston and possibly Miami so locked out players could work out on the union's dime.

Link

Point blank, if the rest of the team wanted to be there w. Blatche, they would have done so.... 3 players working out doesn't constitute the word "team." 

Yes, Crawford shot 39% and was a high usage player....but the upside is there.  So much that drafting Brandon Knight at #6 to play the 2 guard made NO sense.  Especially, with Nick Young in the plans to be retained (length of deal not yet determined...I'm talking about the mindset when the 2011 draft rolled around). 

So now John Wall=Russell Westbrook? It's unfair to say Wall would keep the Thunder contenders because as long as Durant is on the team, and they have dudes like Harden coming off the bench, that team is gonna be a contender unless you have a trash PG (*cough* Toney Douglas)...So let's say the Thunder didn't have Durant..You would feel more comfortable with John Wall being your #1 option rather than Westbrook? It's too early to assume John Wall is gonna be a big star in this league..He has the talent n potential to be a great star in this league but he can also turn into a "Good but not great" player like Jennings in Milwaukee. Let's give Wall a full 2nd season before deciding how good he really is

Why did the comparison of Wall and Westbrook on the Thunder begin?

Westbrook is just fine on the Thunder. The only problem is his attitude and whether or not he can keep it together enough for him, alongside Durant, to get a Championship.

Only reason you'd make a trade for Wall is if he is a more team oriented alternative than Westbrook.

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Ya'll make believe GM's be killing me...smh.

Seriously.
laugh.gif

Ya'll kill me acting as if that's not a part of being a fan of a sport that has teams... not individual performanced based sports like track & field, swimming or tennis... But sports in which teams are constructed... This is, has, and will always been debated, hence you have all types of fantasy leagues for each sport that has TEAMS... Get over yourselves and stop acting like this is something brand new.

My apologies on the Eric Gordon comparion if I was wrong, I thought I read that he signed on only to finish out his rookie contract with them.

Westbrook ain't going anywhere. He's 23 years old and evolving into a PG, a position he didn't play in school. He'll get there. Talking trade after 2 games is a little much.

To address Big J..

I think Westbrook won't change the fact that he's a scoring PG and that he wants to be the man. I don't see that attitude changing of he's until he loses that athleticism/quickness that will force him to become a smarter PG.

He's a great player and I'm not saying I don't think he won't improve statistically, but I think his attitude and decision making is just who he is. I mean, look at Zbo who took a while to improve his attitude and decision making on the court. Zbo didn't get better til' he was 28. He may also need a change of scenery/a new coach to improve that. In his current situation, I just don't see that happening.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Smh at Memphis for not jumping on that Rush/McRoberts for OJ deal.

Hollins wants a SG that can defend and shoot and could've had that in Rush.
indifferent.gif

Hindsight is 100% 20/20
laugh.gif
you hated that trade rumor
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

never talk down to a legend like c webb

Sarcasm
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

You're admitting that it was moronic as if the media was wrong in what they wrote about...
laugh.gif

Also, you're making $*## up about the workouts....where are you getting your #'s from?

Team workouts are expected to increase throughout the league. The Oklahoma City Thunder has had three team minicamps since the lockout began. Orlando, Indiana and the Los Angeles Clippers have also gotten together to work out.

Swingman Andre Iguodala and big man Elton Brand organized workouts for the Philadelphia 76ers in Los Angeles in August. According to Yahoo! Sports, Iguodala, who canceled a trip to Paris for the workouts, and Brand even footed the bill for the team's nightly dinner and club excursions.

Players from San Antonio and Miami have talked publicly about scheduling team workouts. The players union recently announced it was setting up workout centers in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Houston and possibly Miami so locked out players could work out on the union's dime.

Link

Point blank, if the rest of the team wanted to be there w. Blatche, they would have done so.... 3 players working out doesn't constitute the word "team." 

Yes, Crawford shot 39% and was a high usage player....but the upside is there.  So much that drafting Brandon Knight at #6 to play the 2 guard made NO sense.  Especially, with Nick Young in the plans to be retained (length of deal not yet determined...I'm talking about the mindset when the 2011 draft rolled around). 

One player had his workouts in the late summer early fall, and other guys did their workouts soon as the lockout was lifted.
I told you that Andre was a joke, but it was a joke few are actually aware of.
So your saying they made the right move in Vesely over Knight, but you want Grunfield fired...
Ok , glad I got that one.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

So now John Wall=Russell Westbrook? It's unfair to say Wall would keep the Thunder contenders because as long as Durant is on the team, and they have dudes like Harden coming off the bench, that team is gonna be a contender unless you have a trash PG (*cough* Toney Douglas)...So let's say the Thunder didn't have Durant..You would feel more comfortable with John Wall being your #1 option rather than Westbrook? It's too early to assume John Wall is gonna be a big star in this league..He has the talent n potential to be a great star in this league but he can also turn into a "Good but not great" player like Jennings in Milwaukee. Let's give Wall a full 2nd season before deciding how good he really is

What are you even talking about?  This isn't about Wall being the Number 1 option... hell that's the issue that's being discussed in terms of OKC right now, Russy plays like he wants/feels he should be the #1 guy.  While Wall plays his position and attempts to manufacture wins anyway he can get them.  The reason I suggested Wall in the first place is because he's naturally a pass 1st PG who can score and IMO that would serve OKC better if Russy can't reign himself in.

As far as the Good but not great like Brandon... Wall's rookie season was better than both of Brandon's seasons, hell he was better than him at UK sooooo...Yea.  I do agree with allowing him to mature, hence I stated thated from the start that if things don't play out right this year and Russy still has that alpha dog mentality leading to an unstable climate at times Wall would be a great option if they could manufacture a deal for him.

laugh.gif

Link

One player had his workouts in the late summer early fall, and other guys did their workouts soon as the lockout was lifted.
I told you that Andre was a joke, but it was a joke few are actually aware of.
So your saying they made the right move in Vesely over Knight, but you want Grunfield fired...
Ok , glad I got that one.

I swear you're dense...

For the 5th time....with having Crawford coming off a surprising rookie year and Nick Young in the fold, it made NO sense to draft Knight.  None.  There were more problems w. the front court and this is why Vesely was drafted at #6. 

Curry for Westbrook sounds good until you look at Currys ankle, and it's not even that he continually gets injured on the same ankle its that minus the twist against Chicago it happens a majority of the time when there is no one around him, that is scary.

Back
Top Bottom