☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by rashi

Seriously.
laugh.gif

Ya'll kill me acting as if that's not a part of being a fan of a sport that has teams... not individual performanced based sports like track & field, swimming or tennis... But sports in which teams are constructed... This is, has, and will always been debated, hence you have all types of fantasy leagues for each sport that has TEAMS... Get over yourselves and stop acting like this is something brand new.

My apologies on the Eric Gordon comparion if I was wrong, I thought I read that he signed on only to finish out his rookie contract with them.

Westbrook ain't going anywhere. He's 23 years old and evolving into a PG, a position he didn't play in school. He'll get there. Talking trade after 2 games is a little much.

Trade talks involving Westbrook started last May, tho.

I agree with Cake about Wall and Russ. Yeah you give them to grow but I got the same opinion that bhz has about Russ not changing his attitude until he's older and is forced to improve in a different way. The Wiz still seem to be stagnant. I could see Wall dipping on them. So when does that become a point of focus the Wiz should ship him.

I just don't think OKC would make the trade, especially if they go deep(er) in to the post season. A lot of them will continue the mantra of Russ is young and has time to grow/change/improve unless some off the court issues occur. There GM would have to be super rational and ruthless about it otherwise. Like I could see Ainge pulling that trade quickly just off of feeling that Russ wouldn't change.

best trade i could come up with:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bvf9x2k

jrue just turned 21 in june.. plays good defense, won't be a max contract guy (at least doesn't seem so right now.. which saves money for harden, ibaka and bench guys), very talented and can play off the ball

you can move harden into the starting lineup (since you now have a ton of guys who can score coming off the bench in lou, meeks, jackson, cook and maynor).. so starters are Jrue-harden-KD-ibaka-perkins

you now have a bench of maynor, lou, meeks, thabo, cook, collison, aldrich, narz and reggie jackson

and i'm sure the 76ers would part with a 1st rounder or 2

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Russ would essentially be gone in a couple years in WAS too. I think he may want to be "the man" but not with a bunch of looney toons in Javelle and Blatche out there too.

Does McGee just not practice on his game or something? Cause he seems like he should be way better than he is as a mobile center

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Curry for Westbrook sounds good until you look at Currys ankle, and it's not even that he continually gets injured on the same ankle its that minus the twist against Chicago it happens a majority of the time when there is no one around him, that is scary.
I was thinking Eddy Curry when you said that. I was like, "Uhhhh....what?" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

You're admitting that it was moronic as if the media was wrong in what they wrote about...
laugh.gif

Also, you're making $*## up about the workouts....where are you getting your #'s from?

Link

Point blank, if the rest of the team wanted to be there w. Blatche, they would have done so.... 3 players working out doesn't constitute the word "team." 

Yes, Crawford shot 39% and was a high usage player....but the upside is there.  So much that drafting Brandon Knight at #6 to play the 2 guard made NO sense.  Especially, with Nick Young in the plans to be retained (length of deal not yet determined...I'm talking about the mindset when the 2011 draft rolled around). 
One player had his workouts in the late summer early fall, and other guys did their workouts soon as the lockout was lifted.
I told you that Andre was a joke, but it was a joke few are actually aware of.
So your saying they made the right move in Vesely over Knight, but you want Grunfield fired...
Ok , glad I got that one.
I swear you're dense...

For the 5th time....with having Crawford coming off a surprising rookie year and Nick Young in the fold, it made NO sense to draft Knight.  None.  There were more problems w. the front court and this is why Vesely was drafted at #6. 
Brandon Knight is 5 times the player right now Crawford will ever be. You think it makes no sense, and I say that Knight is talented enough to make Crawford tradable. For the 5th time Jordan "my brother is named Joe" Crawford is not an excuse to not draft the BPA with as many long term needs as you have.
6-10 are BPA positions. Detroit made the right move, but got ******ed and resigned Stuckey. You could have gotten another first rounder for the throw in that was Crawford, or made a Blatche deal more attractive.  But your sitting here acting like Jordan Crawford is an excuse to draft Jan Vesley at 6. This is a player without a position, and no clue how to deal with comparable athletes to himself. Add to the fact that Young can play the 3, and your argument is useless. At worse Knight is a pure upgrade for the combo 2 that Crawford is, and at also he is an asset you can package with Blatche. You couldn't trade Vesely with 3 million attached right now.  Blatche's contract was a problem the day he signed it, he is a cancer. Your in a position where your going to waste the amnesty on Blatche, when using it on Lewis would get you closer to where you need to be. I understand this season it was pointless, but what about next when you resign Young, and you need to do something to get better? Was the plan to simply suck this year and get a top 5 pick?

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Curry for Westbrook sounds good until you look at Currys ankle, and it's not even that he continually gets injured on the same ankle its that minus the twist against Chicago it happens a majority of the time when there is no one around him, that is scary.
I was thinking Eddy Curry when you said that. I was like, "Uhhhh....what?" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Where is the Vesely slander coming from? I think he ends up being a really nice player. And like I said before, paired with McGee, Singleton and Wall, that is going to be a great defensive team.

I was thinking of the same trade. Curry is injury prone and Westbrook is turnover prone so that makes it an even trade off.
laugh.gif
I wouldn't make that trade but Russ with the Warriors would do him some good under Coach Jackson.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Where is the Vesely slander coming from? I think he ends up being a really nice player. And like I said before, paired with McGee, Singleton and Wall, that is going to be a great defensive team.

I thought he was buns from the jump, and I actually watched him last season.

I don't want Curry.

You guys are overdoing it. Players yell at each other all the time, on this team especially. I heard KD straight son Ibaka, cussed him out because Ibaka messed a play up thinking it was for him and not Kevin. Perk is always yelling and cussing, hell him and Ibaka wee arguing loudly last night. When Perk first got here especially, I remember him stomping all the way up the player's tunnel at his first home game, which IIRC was against the Bobcats.

If he can play how he did last season, it's fine. Yes at 4 tos he was amongst the top in turnovers (top overall because he played 82 games but not in per game) the last 2 seasons. As for his shooting, he shot 33% from 3, 44% from the field, and 86% from the line for 22/8 and 5. That's not bad at all, compares to even the MVP's #s.

When it comes to his bad shots, they really have to be broken into 2 categories; the bad shots where he just comes down and consciously decides to force up some $@%$+*+@, and the ones that are a result of an attempt to run offense that failed and leaves him with the ball in his hand late.

The home opener he had 2 of the former.

Not enough of the blame goes to Scott Brooks and his 1 page playbook. Yes, every play is going to go through Durant but how do we get it to him? KD, start on one baseline, seek out Nick Collison or Kendrick Perkins, and use them for a pindown screen to curl up top or to fade out on the baseline.

Teams figured that out, especially Memphis and their bigs and starting jumping that passing lane. He has been in the post (the real post and not the 20ft away post) more this season to receive in advantageous scoring position, but getting muscled away from his breaks to the ball was also a problem for KD last season/playoffs, especially with Tony Allen on him.

So what do you have? Russ and KD on the strong side, play is to get it to KD standing right there in front of him in the post, but KD can't effectively enough seal the defender to make that pass without the defender being able to deflect it so since your offensive possessions don't even really start until about 18 seconds, you give another 4 or 5 seconds for KD to come up from the baseline via the screen set by the bigs, if after 5 seconds now KD isn't open enough, Russ is at the top of the key with a ticking time bomb given the clock is growing short and has no choice but to go 1 on 1. That was, and continues to be, the case with most of his bad shots.

I do think that the intense negativity and media scrutiny directed his way since game 7 of rd 1 last yr too is affecting him and has him thinking a lot.

As for trades, it's close to impossible to get fair value for a 23 y/o all star still on his rookie deal.

If it just got to the point where it had to happen, I can take Jrue Holiday but I need Thaddeus Young or Louis William too.

I could live with Kyle Lowry, but I think that is too far of a downgrade. I could take Ty Lawson and be cool with it. John Wall I would take, but I don't know why you do that. They're the same player, and frankly not counting the 3 games so far, Russell is better at it.

Deron Williams would be great if it could happen, and maybe Avery working with Russ could do him so good. Yes, I know we have Mo Cheeks on our bench but he literally doesn't do/say anything at games.

Another interesting nugget on Russ from last season is, he played his best games against the other elite guards in the league. He destroyed CP3, especially in the 4th quarters to the point Chris Paul even mentioned it in the postgame. Him and Rose played pretty even, although he slightly won that matchup statistically (with both teams winning on their home floor). He killed Deron Williams AND held him to 9 pts, had Deron Williams walking off the court shaking his head telling Sloan there's nothing I can do. In fact, that was a few days before the alleged blowup that lead to Sloan retiring. He killed Rondo, in fact that game was without KD and Jeff Green and in Boston, and singlehandedly went in and got us that W.

So I want to wait til a few matchups against other all star guards and see what he does.

And
laugh.gif
at JapanAir's salt, and calling a 6'2 guard a ******. I guarantee he towers over you.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Not enough of the blame goes to Scott Brooks and his 1 page playbook. Yes, every play is going to go through Durant but how do we get it to him? KD, start on one baseline, seek out Nick Collison or Kendrick Perkins, and use them for a pindown screen to curl up top or to fade out on the baseline.

Teams figured that out, especially Memphis and their bigs and starting jumping that passing lane. He has been in the post (the real post and not the 20ft away post) more this season to receive in advantageous scoring position, but getting muscled away from his breaks to the ball was also a problem for KD last season/playoffs, especially with Tony Allen on him.

So what do you have? Russ and KD on the strong side, play is to get it to KD standing right there in front of him in the post, but KD can't effectively enough seal the defender to make that pass without the defender being able to deflect it so since your offensive possessions don't even really start until about 18 seconds, you give another 4 or 5 seconds for KD to come up from the baseline via the screen set by the bigs, if after 5 seconds now KD isn't open enough, Russ is at the top of the key with a ticking time bomb given the clock is growing short and has no choice but to go 1 on 1. That was, and continues to be, the case with most of his bad shots.
Thank you. I was saying that during the playoffs. What do people expect Russ to do if/when the play breaks down and Durant can't get open? Brooks needs to expand his offense and find better ways to utilize both Westbrook and Durant. 
Durant should be the focal point of the offense, but it was painfully obvious they looked lost if he was covered. Westbrook has to be smarter with the ball, but he's not 100% at fault when he or the team struggles. Brooks needs to share the responsibility too. 

For my fellow patriotic NT'ers (SKA
nerd.gif
).... also, anyone want to teach me how to cut and paste tweets???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

http://twitter.com/christomasson
http://twitter.com/christomassonChris Tomasson: Jerry Colangelo on 2012 Olympic team: “I think it will be a fair comparison with the Dream Team... We have a chance to be extremely good.'' about 14 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/christomassonChris Tomasson: Good bet 16 finalists for Olympics-Bryant Howard James Wade Bosh Paul Williams Melo Durant Rose Gordon Odom Love Chandler Westbrook Griffin. about 15 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/christomassonChris Tomasson: Jerry Colangelo says 2012 U.S. Olympic team will rival the Dream Team. Says will name 18-20 finalists in late January: http://bit.ly/thDKGt about 19 minutes ago

Give me:

Bryant, Wade, Paul, Williams, Rose

Lebron, Bosh, Melo, Griffin, Odom

Howard, Love

And I will be beyond happy.

Mcgrady was right, why the hell does howard want
To go to the nets when they dont have anyone
Over there except for deron williams?

Rck, you kinda forgot Kevin Durant.
laugh.gif

And I agree with Bhz about Russ. I doubt the dudes poor attitude will ever change, and he will always want to be THE guy.

Was just thinking about what Tracy said..

Deron, Dirk, and Dwight, 3D in Big D.
pimp.gif

I need to get that copyrighted.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Rck, you kinda forgot Kevin Durant.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
dammit. Oh well its a good problem to have. Watching the clips from 04 and then 08 were just
eek.gif
eek.gif
at the difference
laugh.gif

I do remember you being pumped bout the National team
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
I'm right there with ya bout being more excited for international competition than the NBA season
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Ernie with the champagne bottle!!!!!

Chuck with the Rick James/Tracy Morgan ramble/outburst "You find me naked in a bed with a gun to me head dead, it was a set up!"
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom