☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I just want to know where all the people who kept saying Rubio wasn't going to play in Minnesota at? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Most people were soo convinced that Minnesota were dummies for drafting a guy who won't even play for them. Also looks like all of Kahn's stockpiling  is heading towards being a success. Kids have no patience these days.

I just want to know where all the people who kept saying Rubio wasn't going to play in Minnesota at? 
laugh.gif
Checking in
laugh.gif

Doesn't Kahn have like 2 days to offer that contract extension before he pisses Love off??
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Most people were soo convinced that Minnesota were dummies for drafting a guy who won't even play for them. Also looks like all of Kahn's stockpiling  is heading towards being a success. Kids have no patience these days.

Success though? They're going to win like 17 games.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

bull-#$@%
laugh.gif
he had the Isiah battleplan, but all of the sudden Love turned out and Rubio got shamed into coming to the NBA.

Wolves are lucky Rubio came, or else Kahn would've rented out D-Will.

He has until the 25th.
Hall-of-Fame coach Sloan changes tune about returning to sideline

Jerry Sloan is too good, too respected, to start his own coaching campaign.

So as the 69-year-old answers questions about whether he might leave retirement behind and return to the job that he loved for nearly three decades, you get the sense he's resisting the urge to make some formal announcement of his desires.

"I think if the right situation came along, whatever that is," he said before pausing to ponder. "I don't know what the right situation is. We'll have to wait and see, I guess."

He'll be waiting for the phone to ring again at his home in Utah, where he became the NBA's third-most winningest coach of all time (1,221-803) before abruptly stepping down last February. After 23 seasons, the job became too taxing for the longest tenured coach in league history.

So he headed for Illinois, where he and his wife, Tammy, have a farm in Hamilton County and a home in McLeansboro. Sloan has spent his days looking over his land, and the couple auctioned off farm machinery and furniture as a sort of summer project that had been delayed by the rigors of his coaching schedule. But it didn't take long for teams to call, inquiring about his itch to get back on the bench, and sources said the Pacers were among those seriously hoping to land him before they gave Frank Vogel a permanent position.

"Before, I was just visiting with people [from teams], but they knew that I wasn't ready to coach ... back in the summer," said Sloan, who returned to his house in Utah in recent months. "I didn't know if anybody was going to call [after that]. Maybe they won't. I don't know what my reaction would be. I had some people call when they'd lost their coaches. I was honest with them."

But the honest truth has changed since then. And considering energy has played such a significant part in Sloan's decision-making, he's sounding as if a return could be in the cards.

"My energy level has changed a great deal since I quit coaching," said Sloan, who is an avid walker. "It's changed a lot now. I've had time to work out. I feel better.

"I had a chance to relax, to do something that I haven't had the time to do in 30 years. That's rewarding. You have time to spend with the family and have Thanksgiving and things like that. I enjoyed all of that. But [returning to coaching] is a decision where, if somebody talked to me, I'd review the situation like anybody else and take it from there."

When the Kings fired coach Paul Westphal last week, it seemed as though Sacramento would be the right place for Sloan. The Maloof brothers who own the team think very highly of Sloan, and sources said that Tammy hopes her husband returns to coaching and was favorable of the idea of possibly residing in Sacramento.

Within hours of Westphal's firing, however, the team announced that assistant coach Keith Smart would take over. A Kings source said he was given a new deal that's guaranteed through this season with a team option for next season, meaning Sloan could be a candidate for that job and any other where his expertise is needed.

"I live my life day by day like I always have and haven't spent a lot of time worrying about a job," Sloan said. "If somebody called me, I don't know what my answer would be."
Link

I don't think you know what you're talking about. If he was using Isiah's blueprint then the roster wouldn't have been molded to what it is today and to what it will be in the future.

Originally Posted by PMatic

When the Kings fired coach Paul Westphal last week, it seemed as though Sacramento would be the right place for Sloan. The Maloof brothers who own the team think very highly of Sloan, and sources said that Tammy hopes her husband returns to coaching and was favorable of the idea of possibly residing in Sacramento.
Link

Damb

A few teams could use Sloan's help. Maybe even 1 or 2 other teams could have him coach his way to a chip too.

Sloan coached teams always play hard and keep themselves in the games regardless of the lack of talent he usually has.

He hasn't had a good enough team to make deep into the playoffs since the 90's.

At this point in his career, I don't know why he'd want to coach the Kings. For the love of the game, sure, but there's no way he's winning a title in Sacramento.

It will just be another dead end coaching some young players and not getting anywhere in the playoffs.

We should of got Sloan smh.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

He hasn't had a good enough team to make deep into the playoffs since the 90's.

06-07 Jazz.  Very good team. 
I'd love for Jerry Sloan to Coach the Knicks.  Question is would he want to work in a big city and could he handle the pirahnas that is the media here.  One thing is for sure, players would be held accountable.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. If he was using Isiah's blueprint then the roster wouldn't have been molded to what it is today and to what it will be in the future.

stack talent at the same positions and pray it figures itself out? 3 pgs, 1 draft ... trading Big Al, cuz you don't know what to do with him and Love...

I'll give you their picks, unlike Isiah who was positive his team could be good, Minny knew theirs wouldn't and wouldn't trade their picks easy.

Rubio gives up and comes over, suddenly Kahn is Auerbach?

Local 6 Sports Director David Pingalore has learned that Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard may be rethinking his trade request. In December, Howard told the Magic he would want to be traded to either the New Jersey Nets, Dallas Mavericks or Los Angeles Lakers. Multiple NBA sources confirmed to Pingalore that Howard has been heavily recruiting New Jersey Nets point guard Deron Williams to play with him in Orlando. Pingalore has also learned the Magic are trying to trade for Williams. Pingalore's sources confirmed that Howard would rather stay in Orlando, and the sources said that it's an "80 percent" chance Howard stays.

http://m.clickorlando.com/wap/news/...ith=1&title=Top+Stories&headtitle=Top+Stories

Originally Posted by MrONegative

stack talent at the same positions and pray it figures itself out? 3 pgs, 1 draft ... trading Big Al, cuz you don't know what to do with him and Love...

1. The T'Wolves only took two point guards. They took Lawson FOR the Nuggets on a trade that couldn't be made official until after the draft.
2. Trading Big Al because he didn't know what to do with the two? Well, he had to trade one away, they play the same position... and he made the correct decision on which one to trade away. What are you criticizing him on exactly?
3. Rubio gave up? Gave up what? When did he ever give an indication he ever wanted to be traded to a different team OR never wanted to play for the Timberwolves?

Originally Posted by JPZx

1. The T'Wolves only took two point guards. They took Lawson FOR the Nuggets on a trade that couldn't be made official until after the draft.
2. Trading Big Al because he didn't know what to do with the two? Well, he had to trade one away, they play the same position... and he made the correct decision on which one to trade away. What are you criticizing him on exactly?
3. Rubio gave up? Gave up what? When did he ever give an indication he ever wanted to be traded to a different team OR never wanted to play for the Timberwolves?

But how can you even justify drafting Johnny Flynn, kid is terrible, I gotta watch him play with the Rockets and man, Lottery pick, much less top 5 pick 
sick.gif

Imagine if the T'Wolves had traded away Flynn instead of Lawson
eek.gif

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Originally Posted by JPZx

But how can you even justify drafting Johnny Flynn, kid is terrible, I gotta watch him play with the Rockets and man, Lottery pick, much less top 5 pick 
sick.gif

Once upon a time, Johnny Flynn was thought of highly by a lot of people.

I can justify WHY they took two PGs, not why they took Jonny Flynn.

He is horrible, you're right. Flynn is certainly a huge black mark on Kahn's resume and it can't be ignored. What happened is that they liked the kid going into the draft interviews, and then he blew them away with his personality and they fell in love with him. While you want good character guys in your locker room, you can't fall into the trap of taking a player with that being a critical factor. Kahn fell into that trap and hopefully he has learned from it.

People never bring up that Kahn traded Foye/Miller (one player who's a bum and one player on the downside of his career) for the #5 pick (Rubio).

Back
Top Bottom